• Camomilla
    I’ve heard about a tape which could be applied under the lace / monofilament which makes it look like scalp/ skin tone. Do you know what the product is called and if it looks good?
  • PennyC
    Yes! It's a CVS product and only sold there. Mepitac Soft Silicone Tape. Can be reused multiple times, even switched from one wig to another.
    I like it very much.
  • Camomilla
    Thanks PennyC!
  • Camomilla
    I checked and it cannot be sold outside US or UK unfortunately. Maybe there could be another similar on the market?
  • Laura
    How do you use this tape with your wig? Can it be used to apply double sided tape?
  • PennyC
    You stick it to your wig right under the mono part. It makes the part more obvious and helps to hide whatever's underneath. And it's only for that, not anything to do with sticking the wig to your head. It's moderately sticky (easy to remove).
  • Ann S
    The best type of tape is one used for hair systems, such that I wear that at times. I get mine at HD (Hair Direct) at some wig stores. It is a double sticky tape and can be bought for different strengths. The 3-week tape is the one I get. It is a used once tape but with just the front lace, it would stay sticky for a few wearings. It is the ticket!
    That being said, I use them on the lace fronts of wigs too. The will NOT ride up.
    Ann
  • Ann S
    I meant to say that some wig stores may have such tape. HD is on the internet and I would think you could order some. Also look for Hair Systems where you live. They definitely have it. Or toupee type places for men. Ann
  • Happy to ve Retired
    I may be misreading - but the cvs tape referred to is one to make the mono top part look more realistic - especially if you have hair underneath. I think the tape you refer to is a holding tape - double sided. The cvs tape is not double-sided - just silicone to make it look like scalp showing through.
  • Ann S
    Yes, I am referring to the double-sided tape specifically for hair systems and toupees. A single strip is about 3 1/2 inches long and is transparent between scalp and lace-front.
    Ann
  • Sari S
    I ordered Scar Away from Amazon and use that on my mono top wigs. The silicone tapes are 1.5" x 3", 8 per box. I cut them in smaller strips to fit the part. They stay on and I've washed my wigs with it on without problem but haven't tired reusing them.
  • Camomilla
    Thank you all for your comments!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.