• PennyC
    I just got the Estetica 513-LF topper, which I love. It's just over mid-length and wavy, which is perfect for me. I'd like to add some hair to it to make up for my bio hair's skimpiness, and I have a wig in the same color and texture that I can cut up.
    Question: should I sew the add-on wefts over or under? Over seems to make more sense; it would maintain the nice finish inside. And do I have to do it in individual wefts, or can I just graft a few rows in one place? I haven't been able to find any info on doing something like this.
    Anyhoo, I decided to take a section the right length and width from my old wig, about four wefts, and sew it along a weft also about four from the bottom. Lucky me to have a wig with the identical loose, wavy texture and identical color. I have enough sewing skills (and supplies) to be able to do a half-decent job. It seems to be blending right in...but I won't be able to judge until it's finished. Just don't tell Estetica how I butchered up a Brooklyn LOL!
    Added: it worked! Pics hopefully later. Now I have almost a full wig I can clip on and not worry so much about my measly strands peeking through.
  • PennyC
    I honestly can't tell where I added the hair -- I just know that my own now has plenty of company. So much comfier than a full wig in steamy Florida!
    Attachment
    513 three quartera (148K)
  • Lolly
    Definitely need pictures please!
  • PennyC
    Lolly, I'm mostly wearing it up, which is how I used to wear my hair most of the time. Several people (at my chiropractor's office, where they know I wear hair) said they could not see where the piece ended and I began.
    I feel so much more comfortable in a topper than with a wig, and now I'm considering the Jon Renau Top Smart. It's also a large one, straight, and doesn't have the side bangs.
    Attachment
    513 back (52K)
  • Lolly
    So the attached pic is after you sewed in wefts? Awesome! So did you just pull up wefts from the outside and whip stitch in the other pieces? I’m so intrigued
  • PennyC
    Yes, I guess it was basically a whip stitch. I also used a little Fray check on the outer edges.
    What I've ended up with is just more hair in back and at the nape, since mine is so thin. I don't know how well it will hold up when I wash it, but I'll be gentle. I don't wear it all day so it shouldn't require frequent cleaning.
  • Lolly
    Thanks!
  • linda
    Hi Penny, can you please tell me the name (no numbers) if you can of the color of your Estetetica 513 LF topper or is that the color??
    Two questions for ya. Does this color have highlights, and why did you sew in another hair piece?
    Thanks for any info. I appreciate it.
    Linda
  • PennyC
    Well, the color is called R4/8, and they describe it as a blend of dark and medium golden brown. It's not highlighted. 513 LF is the model number. And I added to it because my own hair is so thin. The topper doesn't have as much hair in back as a full wig would. What I have remaining is seriously fine and skimpy, maybe enough for a pony tail the size of a pencil. With my little add-on, there's enough.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.