• Jayne
    Since I began wearing wigs (due to thinning hair) I have always cut those Name brand & instruction tags out at the nape of the wig. The tags are red, or white or...and I worried they could be seen, especially through lighter density wigs. Since I wear mostly chin-length or shorter in back, I just assumed to do it, but I never have heard anyone say they did this. What do you do?
  • dc21
    I always remove the tags.
  • PhyllisB
    Yes, I remove the tags as well. I'm also afraid that they'll show through and I know what brands each one I have is, so there's no reason for the tag. I use a seam ripper to remove the stitching.
  • Jayne
    well, I thought I was the only one! Apparently there are three of us - LOL.
  • Misty
    I always remove the tags too!
  • Jayne
    what got me wondering was when I watch wig review videos, even when the women say they've had the wig for quite a while, the brand & instruction tags are in tact. Maybe they sell their wigs eventually? I knew a woman who never took a price tag off anything! Never asked her why.
  • Misty
    It is way more comfortable for me when they are cut out. I use the Jon Renau silicone sheet to hold my wig in place (cut into a smaller piece) and sew this in where those labels are, so I remove the labels so the silicone can hold properly!
  • Sunset
    Yes, I cut the tags out. I don't want to take the chance of them showing.
  • Jayne
    my thoughts exactly...especially with blonde wigs, but wefted, basic or open caps have the possible scenario of a tag peeking out too! lol!
  • Lolls
    Yes, I remove all tags but keep them in the package/box the wig came in so I have them for future reference.
  • Jayne
    great idea!
  • Ronnie
    I cut them out if it's a light colored one that I think would show through the color of the wig. Dark tags in a dark wig, I don't bother.
  • DLS
    I don't cut out the brown tag, since my wigs (and bio hair ) are brown. Since its at the nape, I use it to hang my damp wigs upside down from a hanger in my closet. Works great!
    Ps always I check the sides and back of my hair in a a 3 way mirror before I leave the house
  • Jayne
    makes total sense.
  • Jayne
    a three-way mirror would be awesome!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.