• Larry
    I need some feedback from you all on this touchy issue. I have a friend who is having trouble accepting that she is going gray. She wears wigs because her hair is very thin and fine. Rebecca seems to have a need to save her hair -- thin and fine as it may be -- from becoming gray.

She says that because gray strands don't stand out as much in lighter hair colors, she wants to go blonde without trying to just lighten her dark brown hair.

Is what she's saying true? I get the feeling that she wants to go blonde for other reasons than hiding gray hair. I just want her to be happy and support whatever she decides to do.

Thanks and God bless,

Larry
  • Klavisha
    Those of us "of a certain age" often hear that lighter hair is more flattering to older women with pale skin than dark hair, which can make our faces look "washed out" in contrast. Could that be what your friend is thinking? It is true that grey strands won't show as easily in lighter hair due to the lesser contrast. She could try a medium brown color first, and then bit by bit go lighter if she wants.
  • Larry
    Thank you.

God bless,

Larry
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.