• Michlomich
    I’ve had a long black wig with a middle part that I’ve been wanting to give bangs. I can’t seem to find any tutorials about giving this sort of wig bangs. No matter what I do I can’t seem to get the middle part to go away when I brush the hair down. I’ve tried straightening the hair downwards to get it to stay but the part won’t budge. Is there anyway I can get it to go away? 4f3llznq6wn5avxn.jpg
  • Mort
    I think that strands of hair are ventilated into the wig cap in a particular direction based on the style. I’d be surprised if you were able to get rid of the part.
  • Misty
    If you are comfortable to try using a steamer to change the direction of the hair? That is the only thing I could think of, and I would suggest you try on an old wig first if you are not used to steaming. Good luck!
  • Jayne
    Mort is right about the hair being laid in a certain direction for styling purpose. I don't think you mentioned if it's synthetic or human hair, but with either you can steam like Misty said. When steaming be sure to let the hair cool completely before combing it out. You may be able to steam & comb either side of the part toward the middle. Let cool. Then using steam and a large roller, make the bang. Let us know if you're successful! :smile:
  • Erzsike
    here is a picture of the bangs I just cut into my lace front Henry Margu Harper wig. No steaming, or manipulation whatsoever.
    Attachment
    bangs (202K)
  • Jayne
    the bangs on the Margu look great! Is the darker hair a Margu too? There's so much inconsistencies due to so many individuals making the wigs.
  • Erzsike
    I do not own the darker one. You will need to ask the poster. :-)
  • Jayne
    sorry. I was complimenting your bangs, then I just switched my question back to michlomich without saying so.
  • Erzsike
    no worries! :-)
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.