• Gingersnap
    I've been wearing RW Winner in Honey Pecan for at least four years. The color is lovely for about 3 months and then the fading begins. Eventually it looks almost all reddish/blond - the nice ash brown diminishes. Has anyone else had this issue and, if so, any solutions?
  • Jayne
    Is Winner a synthetic wig? I've never known a synthetic wig to fade. Human hair? Yes. Perhaps it's your water? It may not be fading, but have a mineral build-up? We had well water and the iron in the water stained a lot of our clothes orange-dingy and stains wouldn't come out. We finally got an expensive softener and a whole house filter. After moving 2 years ago, we found our new city's water has iron too! Extreme sun might be another cause...like a water hose left outside fades. Let us know if you figure it out!
  • dc21
    Maybe the coating has worn off from wash and wear? The shine has dulled so it seems a different color?
  • Gingersnap
    These wigs are synthetic and water where I live is good so maybe it’s the sun. I live in the San Francisco Bay Area and summers can be hot so maybe that’s it. Sure would like to hear from someone in Arizona or other hot spots.
  • Gingersnap
    Maybe I will have to wear hats when I’m in the sun.
  • dc21
    I live in the sunshine state. I wear a lot of sunhats. My color hasn't changed that I noticed, just the shine dulls. I don't get 3-4 months of full-time wear. I wear longer styles though.
  • Jayne
    San Francisco has pollution (like so much of the nation)...another possible cause? My dad's family were all from the bay area...and still live all around there. Air quality is better than it used to be, but the air is different there.
  • Gingersnap
    Thanks everyone for the helpful comments - wish there was a way to “refresh “ a synthetic wig - I’ve used the shine spray but doesn’t work at all.
  • Danielle | Wigs.com Team
    I agree with @Jayne that it could be the minerals in the water or pollution that could be slightly coating the color of the wig. Unlike human hair, synthetic wigs aren't supposed to alter color really at all - which is the nice thing about them! What hair care products are you using on your Winner?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.