• drift3r
    After ten years of wearing faux hair I want to reach the point where I don’t care if people notice that my hair is short one day and long the next. I “test drove” this look to the grocery store yesterday and felt like a secret agent on a mission because I usually wear really long hair and have always been really discreet about color changes. I’m not to the point where I have courage to switch up my lengths at work yet. Are any of you regularly changing between obviously different style/length? If so, how did it go the first few times with people you see everyday?
  • Deleted User
    This user has been deleted and all their posts removed.
  • drift3r
    Hi Alex! It’s awesome that you have so much freedom to wear different styles at work! That must be so much fun. Thanks for the great tips... I think you’re right that people don’t notice or care as much as I think they do. I’ll have to work on getting over that fear and just wear what makes me happy.
  • Moonlitnight
    Oh that is just stunning on you. So very natural! I tried my RW Upstage yesterday and decided this is another RW that has to go. Her wigs seem to sit very high on my head. I thought having the large cap would help but it doesn't. The cap is way too large at the back. What is weird is that the top part of the wig is flat to my scalp, and there is little permatease so no idea why this is.
  • drift3r
    Thank you so much :smile:

I have the SAME problem with wigs sitting high on my head. I have a big head hehehe. This one is actually the Top Wave Topper by JR. They seem to sit high as well but after a few washes the tease flattens out a bit and I like them more. I wish they came out of the box a bit more flat.
  • Lynn
    That is a cute look on you. I’m self imployed so I wear wherever shade or style I want but do tend to wear more conservative looks for church usually something short so it works well with my chapel veil.
  • Vee1028
    I totally agree with Alex....wear what you like. Yes, at first people might comment, but eventually they will stop noticing. All they're going to be saying is how beautiful you look!
    I change colors and styles everyday. To the point where my boyfriend asks all the time, "Is that your hair or a wig" He seriously doesn't notice the difference in color...and neither will your co-workers!
  • drift3r
    Thank you! It’s great that you mix it up with different styles or shades as well. Everyone in this forum is so inspiring.

Its so funny that your boyfriend asks if it’s your real hair or not. That definitely made me chuckle. It just goes to show how well made wigs are now! It really is hard to tell the difference!! Thank you for the advice :smile:
  • Lynn
    Your so welcome sweetie. Take care and stay warm :heart:
  • Vee1028
    I laugh at him every time he asks! The funniest part is that he'll be standing right in front of me kind of looking down at me and looking all around at the wig top bottom and sides.
  • Katooshie
    that is GORGEOUS on you!! I change up my length style and shade of blond every day to suit my mood and for fun! People in my life just know thats me and expect it. I think they would be disappointed if i bored them now with the same look every day now!
  • Katooshie
    hahaha i am the opposite at church! I really go all out there! As the douthern belles say " the bigger the hair the closer to GOD!" ;)
  • Lynn
    That was me in the 80s lol
  • Dogmom
    Yes Alex! If we worked there with you we would all look our glam best and change it up constantly! LOL
  • Dogmom
    I'm feeling more in the " I really don't give a """""" mode" and now I don't care what people think. People that know me and see me like the grocery store cashiers have this puzzled look on their faces. But how I get around it and really confuse them is that most often, they see me with no makeup and my hair up and a bandana around my head, then when I'm dressed with a full face on and my hair is a bit different, they have no idea. You can see their brain cells working overtime trying to figure out what the hell is different!!!!!
  • Cathe Lartigue
    I change up lengths, colors and styles all the time. My motto at the office is--the work is more important that what hair I'm wearing! It's really no big deal at my office because many of the women I work with wear wigs on a regular basis!!
  • KellyA
    People at my work seem to notice everything. But I have to say I love that topper!
  • Katooshie
    You are just adorable in EVERYTHING. I think you should apply to model for wigs.com!!!
  • Moonlitnight
    I thought that, Kat. She really has the look and personality.
  • drift3r
    and You are making me blush!! I’m definitely not built like a model but I sure do love posting here! It’s such a positive place and you are all so encouraging. :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • drift3r
    Yes my colleagues are also very observant!! They notice EVERYTHING!!
  • drift3r
    It’s so cool that you have a wig friendly office. Your motto is also very inspiring and VERY true.
  • Katooshie
    trying to get her to start a youtube channel and blog!! Maybe My Wiggy Wedding?? :)
  • dc21
    Did I miss the color and style you are wearing? Beautiful! ( Sorry! Just reread and noticed you said Top Wave!)
  • Katooshie
    totally agree! And same thing happens to me...i change styles daily so hubby asks if its my real hair.
  • Misty
    Absolutely love your look. You really ROCK this hair. I do change my style, very subtle differences though. I always try and stay long and blonde, however some days I ihave more layers in the hair I wear, somedays it may be a few inches longer/shorter etc. I find most people dont do a sudden "double take" if you stay with a similar colour.
  • Katooshie
    i have the same experience! I wear a different style every day but always (so far) in Hairdo ginger blonde!
  • Misty
    Yes, it makes me feel as though I have a different hair look some days, same as you would if I had bio hair. I don't have to spend the same time as someone with bio hair, ha ha. :smile: I change from Jon Renau Zara to Tressalure Camille or Chanelle, or change from a Jon Renau 24B22 to a 27T613F etc. All good fun.
  • Moonlitnight
    I love the Tressallure Ashlyn, but it is only available as a rooted blonde.
  • Lori
    that looks so great on you!!!
  • Lori
    I’m with you on that. I need to be braver. I always stick to the same color and style and am always paranoid when I get a new one cuz it just looks so much nicer by the time I switch over.
  • Misty
    Hi Moonlitnight, I have looked at Ashlyn as well. Love the look, however I am a little concerned as no lace front and some permatease. There are other blonde colours available - Princess Ivory etc. I will try and load this now.
    Attachment
    Capture (1M)
  • Lori
    I know that feeling. You can just see them trying to figure out what the heck has changed. I haven’t fessed up yet at work. Let them wonder I say! It’s so great that the wigs of today are so real looking and people aren’t really sure. Especially with the lace front and mono tops now available.
  • Lori
    oh wow! Ashlyn is a really beautiful one!
  • Misty
    Really pretty. I have been tempted!!
  • Shar W
    You look great in shorter hair. I am not brave enough yet to switch things up at work yet. I have been wearing the same topper. The people I work closely with know I am wearing it, I told them. But I work in a large place were I see a lot of people I don't know on a daily basis. I do wear different wigs and toppers around my family and close friends. They are very supportive.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.