• Diana
    Help! I have a Raquel Welch “Downtime” wig I purchased last year. It was looking pretty ratty on the ends so I steamed it. That turned out great but now the wig is real strait and not what it used to look like. This wig says not to use heat of any kind on it but the cost of this wig is astronomical and on top of that the price just went up. I have a back up I just took out of the box. How do I get the curl back in this wig? Thank you my fellow wig wearers.
  • PennyC
    You set it in curls and steam it again. let it completely cool before taking out the curlers or clips.
  • Diana

Thank you Penny I will definitely try that. Any particular curlers to use?
  • alicexm
    Go to Sally’s beauty supply and ask for curling products for long hair.
  • Diana
    thank you Alice for the suggestion. I will definitely do it.
  • Misty
    HI Diana, Just saw this thread now. You can re-steam it as Penny mentioned above. An easy way for me it to fold the wig the way it was when it laid in the brand new box. I lay it on my towel, and let the steam wash over it. I then turn the wig the other way around, and re-steam that side as well. Then I let the wig cool at least overnight to reset the wave. I hope this works for you.
  • Lolly
    I use a round brush and steam, let cool before you unroll the section. I stand there and blow on it like cooling soup. Lol. It doesn’t matter if it’s damp just cool
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.