• Vee1028
    I have just finished boxing up a wig I received this weekend. This will be the fourth wig I have had to return in the past two and a half months. The first one I had to return because there was a slight defect in the wig, the second wig I returned because I had ordered the wrong color, the Third was also a problem with the color looking so different from how it appeared on the site. Now this one has obvious defects, to the point where so much of the wefting is visible at the front and top of the wig.
    Is it just me or is it common to have so many problems when you're ordering online?
    I'm not having to pay a restocking fee because I'll do an exchange but the return shipping plus the original shipping and then paying to have another's wig shipped out is getting awfully expensive.
  • Vee1028
    oh for sure wigs.com makes it so easy to return wigs. Their return policy plus their customer service is the reason I order all my wigs from here.
  • Moonlitnight
    I looked at online prices for our local wig shop. I actually had no idea they sold wigs online. First thing I see is a wig I purchased for $220 on Wigs.com (plus exchange, plus duty/taxes), so let's say $310. It was priced at $525!
  • Moonlitnight
    Vee, you bring up an important point that I think the online wig companies need to address somehow. The lighting they use just makes everything so much lighter. The two Alessandras and the Spotlight Elite that I sent back were not even remotely like how they appear on Roxy. The Spotlight (I didn't return that one) looks white blonde on her. However, it is really quite dark with just a few blonde highlights. The Alessandras were ridiculously off. One looked mid brown—I think it was 22F16. It is expensive to send wigs back across the border and Customs has had my documentation for refund of their charges for over 5 weeks. The only wigs that have come anywhere close to how they appear online are the Noriko/Amore/René of Paris blondes. They are just stunning both in studio lighting and in real life.

Of course, you cannot rely on the swatches either as those too are skewed.
  • Vee1028
    Wow, big difference in online vs in store purchase for you! I checked prices at a shop near me and the prices were almost exactly the same as the same units online, just not a very big selection.
    Definitely, it is tough choosing a color online when all you have is that little square of color on the page. I know exactly what color to order in some brands but if I stray from those to a new brand I haven't a clue.
  • Vee1028
    I seriously do understand that we mostly get the best bargains online and we also get a much better selection. I think I'm just really upset today because this is the second defective wig I am returning in just a 2 and 1/2 month period of time
  • Moonlitnight
    That is so frustrating for you Vee. We get all excited about our wiggies and to be let down is such a pain.
  • Deleted User
    This user has been deleted and all their posts removed.
  • Deleted User
  • Moonlitnight
    Yes! My iPad turns everything yellow...but it was the first run of iPads ever. The OS won't do YouTube any more so it's time for another.
  • Tee5grands
    I’m new at this. Would like to ask what wig you are wearing in your picture. Pardon if I’ve committed a faux pas.
  • Vee1028
    hi and welcome to the forum! Of course it's okay to ask us here what wig we're wearing! I have on Noriko's Coco in Mochaccino in that photo. It's hard to tell because I have it tucked behind my ears and you can't see the flips. You can see them a bit better in these 8fshglxjd3nbpqnn.jpg
    mb4aiaphszbf0xjq.jpg
  • Misty
    Hi Alex, I am really lucky to have found wigs.com . In the past, the usual price to buy a long wig similar to say the Noriko Angelica (which was what I used to wear before the lace fronts and Jon Renau Zara came out), was around $550. The wig shops here don't stock those so much now, but to buy a Zara is around $595! AUS$'s.
  • Deleted User
  • Shar W
    When I bought my first topper it was $300. When I started researching for toppers online I found it was identical to JR Top Notch. It just had the tags removed. I was able to get it on line for under $150. I am done going to wig shops, I just can't afford them.
  • Katooshie
    that absolutely suits you to a T
  • Vee1028
    Thanks...my first wig was a Coco and it looked so much like my own hair style that none of my family or friends, not even my boyfriend realized I was wearing one.
  • Katooshie
    yes lots of times my hubby...who obviously knows i wear faux hair...still asks "is that your real hair?" :)
  • Vee1028
    same here...even my daughter. Isn't that just the best compliment ever!!
  • Katooshie
    YES! The other day I complimented a little girl on her pretty brown ringlet curls. She said "Oh, your hair is very pretty too" I smiled and said "Yes, but mine is extensions!" She opened her mouth wide in the biggest grin at that! :)
  • Tammy
    I try what seems like a million wigs and have yet to find my "total me" one. So about a few months before I am ready to retire my daily hair, I start the process because unless I find the one..I will keep changing it.

I will say that through wigs.com, the point discount makes up for the shipping which helps me justify returning 5 million of them. LOL

Tammy
  • Vee1028
    I just hate the disappointment of the color looking all wrong or worse, the wig having some defect. And, I think I'm afraid that the company will eventually get tired of the returns!
    I have found a way to avoid the cost of returning them though! PayPal now picks up the tab!
  • Moonlitnight
    How so Vee? I am intrigued as I live and die by Paypal. I believe you folks south of the 49th get more privileges though. I cannot imagine PP picking up $29.
  • Vee1028
    oh wow...I'm not sure if their return postage plan is available in Canada. I'll see if I can find out. All I had to do was register for the program and after paying to return the wig I had to show them a receipt for the postage I paid.
  • Vee1028
    ok, I googled it and it looks like it is available on Canadian PayPal also. There is a $30CAD per use and 12 refunds per year. Check your account. Do a search on it for Return Shipping On Us Service.
  • Moonlitnight
    $30 per use? It costs only $20 CAD to return a wig so I am not sure that would be worth it for me! It would be brilliant for larger items though. Thanks so much for looking that up. :hearts:
  • nana18917
    I read your blog about returning wigs.
    I have returned a wig 2 times and commented on the quality.
    I have been buying from Wigs.com for over 8 years and have never had to return anything
    before. I am so disappointed. I am returning yet another one and its costing another 7.95 to
    return it. \
    Has anyone seen the quality go down lately. I know its not a human wig but I have never
    complained before.
  • Katooshie
    Don't feel too bad! It costs over $20 to mail a return wig from Canada, eh? ;)
  • Moonlitnight
    I have seen a lot of people complaining about quality, sparseness compared to the same wig form two years ago, etc. There are several disappointed buyers for the RW wigs in particular.
  • Vee1028
    I meant that PayPal will return up to $30 per item to you. So, if it cost you S20 to return an item you would be fully refunded.
    I'm sorry I was so unclear in my other message. I read it again and it is confusing
  • Vee1028
    a couple of my returns have been because I really didn't realize what color I was ordering. Another 2 or 3 were because there were definite defects in the wig. Either the hair was shorter than it used to be or not curled right or there was so little hair that wefts were showing. I don't know if it's a matter of quality control or rushing to get certain styles on the market or just being overwhelmed with the amount of business they're doing at this time.
    How are you shipping yours back that it only cost $7.95? Mine always cost about 10:45. Thanks to PayPal though the last one I returned cost me nothing.
  • Moonlitnight
    I got that (eventually) Vee :grin: This is REALLY good to know. Thank you.
  • Vee1028
    oh good! Did you check it out and register for it on your account?
  • Moonlitnight
    I did! At least, I clicked on it and it said I had registered. I looked on a recent purchase to see if I could find the link though, and I couldn't. I will give them a call tomorrow or Tues.
  • Uriela
    Well, anything ordered via the mail is going to mean absorbing the shipping costs. Not just wigs. I have become a fan of wigs.com because they give you 30 days to return, which for me is important. Previously, I ordered wigs and -- because everybody else only gives you ten days -- I had to donate them when I didn't like them. Through that experience I found that the wig may or may not look ON YOU like it does on the website where it was likely styled up the kazoo. (For example, take a look at my photo and then the same wig on line -- it's Diane by Jon Renau. Nothing in common! But it works for me.) This is also why I like wigs.com because they give you so many photos and videos of their own real people not just the manufacturer's stuff.
  • Moonlitnight

"styled up the kazoo" :lol: Spotlight Elite looks like a completely different wig on Roxy. It appears 3" or so longer and a heck of a lot swingier.
  • Dogmom
    I still think you look AMAZING in COCO. I have a few of them and they look like big hats on my head. This wig looks awesome on you!
  • Tammy
    Thats interesting about paypal, I will check it out. Though the point system on wigs.com also helps a bunch with that.
  • Vee1028
    , so, get the points AND the paid return shipping!
  • Vee1028
    thanks so much, but didn't you post a picture of yourself in your Coco with you looking beautiful?? I do admit the permatease takes a bit of taming on this one. I think it always looks better after a shampoo and good brushing.
  • Vee1028
    I also love that they give you 30 to return a wig. It's for sure hard to tell sometimes how that beautiful hair is going look on you. Even after watching several videos of people wearing it straight out of the box it's a difficult decision.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.