• Unicorn
    Hi. I've just bought my first Noriko from Amazon - I lose about 10 hairs each day (from brushing.) This is not what I'm used to. I really like the style, is this normal for Noriko/Chocolate Swirl? Where would you recommend I get this wig that doesn't shed. I am interested in monofilament also, but I don't want shedding issues. Thanks!
  • alicexm
    First suggestion is not to brush daily but use a wide tooth comb and spray detangler (Jon Reneau has a good one, sold on Amazon). Combing with a wide tooth comb puts less stress on the “roots” and will cutdown on shedding. Any wig will shed, but what you describe seems more like stress from brushing to detangle.
  • Unicorn
    I've got the revlon wide-tooth comb, and I'm trying to be super careful now. Today I only lost a few hairs - I've really never had a wig shed before, so I was suprised. I previously bot Vivica Fox wigs, and you can comb them easily. I also have the spray conditioner of Jon Renau - is that the same thing as the detangler?
  • Jayne
    Alicxm gave perfect advice! I have three Noriko wigs and haven't noticed any real shedding (and I am not always careful about combing them). I bought mine from Wigs.com . My Noriko wigs have so much hair I don't get upset when a few hairs come out from them. My bio hair? Yes. Wigs? Not so much. :lol:
  • Unicorn
    Thank you for the advice! It actually stopped shedding, so I've calmed down a bit. It's great for work, because the hair looks very close to natural.
  • Msskye
    I have been a wearer of wigs since 1995, There are brushes and there are brushes designed strictly for wigs. The normal hair brush women buy every day will destroy a wig.
  • Jayne
    yes, well said! I always use wig combs. I need to get a wig brush. Any suggestions?
  • Msskye
    Yes I got one specially designed for wigs as Sallys Beauty Salon.
  • Jayne
    we have one near & their website would be helpful. Thanks! :wink:
  • alicexm
    detangler is a different product than the conditioner. It seems to leave less residue than the conditioner. I suspect irs more water based than the conditioner. But if all you have is the conditioner then by all means use that . Much better than dry.
  • Unicorn
    thank you again for the advice. I think I will purchase a detangler as well.
  • polkadot222
    When you comb, don't comb from the roots down. Comb from the bottom few inches down, then place your comb a few inches higher than that and comb down. Keep going until you reach the roots. I have worn wigs for 21 years and have never had a wig shed when using this method.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.