• Ava04
    I recently had my first lace front wig installed and I want to remove it. What are the steps to removing it so I don’t pull out my edges. Also part of my wig is lifting and glue in stuck in my natural hair..... how do I get the glue out without pulling my own hair out??? Please help
  • Jayne
    , sorry. I have no clue about having a lace front installed, but I assume it was done at a salon? Can you call the salon and ask them? Or would they want to remove it and charge for it? I know with lace tape you need rubbing alcohol on a Qtip or cotton ball to help dissolve the glue and then gently lift it off. Jon Renau has a product for this that works. You can try it but the key is SLOWLY lift and only after you feel the glue separate from your hair. Hope it goes well. :pray:
  • Ann S
    Hair Direct has adhesive remover and yes, alcohol can work too. Worse comes to worse, clip with scissors as you tear it off.
    Ann
  • polkadot222
    99% rubbing alcohol is great for removing the glue.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.