• Debbie
    Usually wear Jon Renau shorter hair. I went and ordered Raquel Welch ‘Star Quality’.... loved the feel of the hair but didn’t feel comfortable in it. Sending back and wondering if anyone has ‘ Play It Straight’ and your opinion. Just trying to find something different for a change. With lace front and not so poker straight.
  • animallover
    I have Play It Straight and I really like it. The fiber is soft and the cut is very nice, a nice little wave to it. I don't wear it too much just because of the color.....it's just a little darker than I like, still a shade of blonde but a darker shade. The lace front is done very nicely. And the memory cap fits great. I find the ear tabs a little high but that's ok. I do get compliments when I wear it. It's my second choice. I actually like basic caps/non lace fronts better for me though for my life style.
  • Debbie
    , thank you ☺️, also looking at Naomi, except that it may be a little “ too much” hair on top. I can always exchange...
  • br13
    Play it Straight was "almost" my first full-time wig, but it was very itchy. I ended up cutting strips of permatease off of the bottom to help with itching there, and nothing could be done about the itching on the sides. It also retains heat more than my other wigs, which makes it hot in summer. The color and highlighting on it were great - not overdone like some others are. I ended up cutting about 2 inches off of the bottom because I had shorter bio hair than that. I found that while I was running errands, I would take it off as soon as I got home, even after 2 hours or so. I bought a hand-tied Raquel next, and that was my first full-time wig,although it did not last long at all - 2 months. I now only wear Jon Renau, and they last me 7 to 8 months before they look like they might need replacing. I still have that Play it Straight, but I rarely wear it. I keep It for swimming and just as a reminder of the nice color.
  • polkadot222
    I wore 4 Play it Straight wigs in 2 different colours. It's a very natural looking style with low to medium density and the lace front is wonderful! I never found it itchy. (I think itchiness depends on the skin sensitivity of the person.)
    The only thing I had against the style is that on all 4 of the ones I had, there was a strand in front that kept falling in my face and I had to seriously train the strand not to do this. (It worked but I'm lazy LOL and don't like to work my wigs but really, it's not a big deal.) The only reason I stopped wearing the Play it Straight is because after more than a year and a half I wanted to try something else and ended up wearing Raquel Welch Stop Traffic for 2 years. I never wear long wigs for every day because they tangle much easier due to friction than shoulder length wigs.
  • animallover
    I really like the style of Play It Straight and the fibers and the lace front.....I don't like the hair falling in my face though....that is really the only reason why I don't wear it much. I have tried to tame it but just haven't had any luck. Too bad too, as it is a beautiful style and wig..........
  • polkadot222
    @animallover, I was considering buying Play it Straight again and steaming that strand back this time. I didn't do that when I used to wear that style.
  • Debbie
    Thank you all. I think I have now found my style. It is Trend Setter by RW. But oh how I wish someone can recommend something like it with Lace Front/Mono.. I could forgo the Mono top just looking for a lace front (fingers crossed)
  • Tav
    have you tried speaking with someone in customer service on wigs.com or another site with reliable customer service? They'd have more information on what's available to you. I'm glad you found something that works and wish you luck in the search for your Goldilocks wig.

With all of the social distancing, I've been enjoying watching wig review videos on YouTube. It's piqued my interest in other brands and styles Most are by Patti's Pearls and Taz who could make a half plucked Mohawk look glamorous. They've also educated me on how to style the wigs I own. Before it was I cave woman, I buy wig, I brush wig, I wear. Now I must rely on a dog sled team from Amazon to bring products.
  • Debbie
    Haha, thank you Tav
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.