• Samantha
    Anyone else tried one of the newly released styles yet? I am expecting Fresh Chic to arrive today and am excited! STILL seeking a new work style, a process that has been ongoing for a couple of YEARS! Fingers crossed!
  • Jayne
    I haven't, but would like a photo of yours when it comes in! New *hair* is my happy time!
  • linda
    Yes, I’m with Jayne. Love to see a photo, and hear what you think of her.
    Linda
  • Samantha
    Fresh Chic is my new ‘do! Love it! Short beachy wave with bangs—exactly what I’ve been looking for. Yay!!
  • animallover
    So happy that you love it! What a relief when you receive a new wig and love it! I remember that you used to wear Sweet Talk, it looks kind of similar to that except for the bangs, do you find it similar? I really like this style. Also, did you end up liking Sonoma?
  • Samantha
    It’s less curly than Sweet Talk, which I only wore a couple of times because I just cannot tolerate being bang-less! Sonoma is adorable but I’ve never worn it anywhere. She sits in my closet looking super cute, however lol. Fresh Chic is the new work hair, and I’m thrilled to be done hunting for a new look, at least for now. With showing up at work in a new style, I’ve had to have several conversations about my alopecia, which is never easy, but life is more fun when people around me know the deal, I have found. It’s been a positive experience all in all.
  • Jayne
    I am with you. People always seem shocked, then uncomfortable when I tell them it's a wig or topper. They worry they've offended me. However, I smile and say, "So next time you see me I may be a redhead!" They always laugh or wink and give positive feedback! Since I've opened up about my alopecia and wig/toppers, two other women have needed to go "the wig route," and feel relieved that have me to talk to.
  • animallover
    Are you still loving Fresh Chic? What color did you get? The more I look at it the more I like it. My Sweet Talk by Gabor still looks brand new despite being a year and a half old. The fibers are fabulous and so soft and the lace front is done so well. Do you think that Fresh Chic would look too "done up" for working in a semi? My natural hair is quite wavy and curly, when I have it. Sorry for all the questions......just tired of wasting $$. Thanks ahead of time!
  • Samantha
    Yes, still loving Fresh Chic, though I have to say there seems to be some definite variation in one wig to the next. When I loved it so much initially, and paranoid of it being out of stock when I really need a new one, I stockpiled and bought two more, for a total of three. The two I ordered together are notably curlier and the fibers don’t feel quite as soft! I still like the others, but the difference is noticeable to me. But yes, I still like it and am very glad I “came out” at work to switch to this new style. It doesn’t look too done up, more a casual, soft wave.

I have worn the heck out of Gabor’s Soft and Subtle, and that one is a year and a half old, and still has life left in her.
  • animallover
    I finally bought Fresh Chic. She is adorable. The curls/waves are so soft. Good movement too. I like her so far after wearing her at home today. Totally different look for me wig wise but does remind me of the way my bio hair used to be. I always had that type of curly wavy hair.
    Do you still like her?
  • Samantha
    Hi! I do still wear her, though it’s the darndest thing. The first one I bought was PERFECT. Perfect curl, perfect soft texture, just exactly what I wanted. All subsequent ones I’ve bought have been ratty-ish, way too curly, and rough, course fibers. I’ve sent three back and kept one, as it wasn’t quite as bad and I needed a new one for back up. I still wear the first one I bought, everyday. I’m furious that it’s so inconsistent, as I really love the style.

I’m glad you like yours! I’d be curious to know if others have similar experiences to mine.
  • animallover
    Thanks for responding , I didn't know if you would as this topic is over a year old! I am sorry to that she is so inconsistent, kind of worries me. The one I have is quite soft but really shiny. She seems much softer than Sweet Talk. The curls are just right and I would not want her to be any curlier. I was shocked at first when I first put her on my head though, it looked like I had found my mother's old mop she had when I was a kid and plopped it on my head! I had to separate the curls and smooth some down. I wore her outside in the yard in the wind and she does get messy but I like that messy look, I had ordered Ignite recently and though she was pretty and a nice style with great fibers, she was too "formal" for me...LOL. I like messy and unique.

Linda bought FC and mentions it on the topic, Extra large wigs for women.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.