• Kami090
    Hello Everyone

I am new to wearing wigs and could use some assistance. I previously purchased Drew by Jon Renau which I loved but because it was HD it got really frizzy and matted within a week so for me it was a waste of money although I did like the style. I’m looking for something with lower maintenance and a very simple style as I travel a lot. I’ve already tried Courtney and Elle by Jon Renau and wasn’t happy with that so I’m hope you can give me advice so I can possibly prevent having to send another wig back. I plan on having 2 wigs, one shorter and one longer. I am happy with the shorter one I got which is Cameron by Jon Renau but now I need the longer one.

I’m thinking I would like to try another brand and I’m torn between these two because of what some of the reviews say but I love the way they both look in the videos. Does anyone have any experience with these 2 wigs below? I'd love to hear some personal stories on the quality and style of these wigs and which one would be the lowest maintenance and last the longest? I appreciate any help!

https://www.wigs.com/collections/envy/products/ava-human-hair-synthetic-blend-wig-envy
    https://www.wigs.com/collections/ellen-wille/products/code-mono-lace-front-wig-ellen-wille
  • xiola
    I don’t have personal experience but from the photos I like the style of the second one better.
  • PennyC
    All I can tell you is that long synthetic wigs will tangle! From reviews I've read, the blend won't be as static-y.
  • alicexm
    I have Ava in medium grey. I have other Envyhair (blends) and love them but the cut / style of Ava just isn’t me. Can’t decide whether to restyle or sell. From experience longer wigs do tangle, but I use a bamboo oil conditioner (Kendi dry oil, Amazon) that seems to help.
  • Coco
    I don’t wear long wigs so I’m sorry I’m no help there. But I do have 2 Jon Renau wigs and compared to the Noriko and RENEE of Paris wigs I have I just feel like the quality of the JR is lower; strictly personal opinion. I don’t care for the texture or the feel of their synthetic wigs. After one washing of my JR Evan the permatease looks like a rat’s best! And that could simply be my inexperience! I would love to try an Ellen Wille but so many reviews caution about how small they are I won’t even try one. I personally like the look and feel of the Renee of Paris most. Try to find as many YouTube reviews as you can. I think that helps me in making a final decision.
  • linda
    In my 10 years of wearing toppers and wigs by comparison Rene of Paris is the very best.
    For color, fiber, fit and durability.
    Linda
  • Debbie
    Coco, what is the name of the one on your profile picture? That is very cute
  • CJK
    HD actually requires heat (and sometimes a bit of steam) to keep it in top form. Suggest you search YouTube or some of the wig forums on Facebook on how to do this.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.