• xiola
    Not completely wig related but since many of us have experienced hair loss I figured I’d ask here.

Has anyone tried the Nioxin products? I have been using them since September 17th, the shampoo, conditioner and some other liquid. I think I have noticed less hair in the drain the past 2 days, but that could be a fluke. I do not see any increased volume yet but I think that would take many months for new hair to grow in. I have a bald spot that I have had since childhood and so far I have not seen any difference there and I don’t know if I ever will since it never really had any hair.

So if you used it, could you tell me for how long and if it helped? A patient of mine used something on her lashes and she almost gave up. She kept at it and it really started working at the 6 month mark. Her lashes did look great. She said I should keep it up. I’m just wondering if it’s a waste of money.
  • Jnc
    I have been losing hair for years. I don't know where it went - it just was gone. I used Nioxion products and anything else I could find and nothing for me helped. I even used men's strength Rogaine and it didn't do much either. When I used the rogaine, my hair always felt dirty and still thin. I guess using the Nioxion helped anymore loss, but no regrowth. I was told that if you stop using it you will start loosing the hair again. I gave up and bought a wig. I wish I would have bought one years ago. Even now I think maybe it will come back, but alas it isn't. Now, I just shave my head when it starts pulling when I have my wig on. I guess you would call what I have is men's pattern baldness. Ha! The top of my head is almost totally bald and shiny as can be.
  • xiola
    I found out my bald spot is called alopecia areata and Nioxin will not regrow hair there. I also learned that Nioxin initially makes more hair fall out initially because it cleans out the follicles of built up waxy oil and hair that could not shed before comes out. I am still losing less hair now than I did before Nioxin so I guess it is working. I think it will take many months to notice a difference. I will continue to keep it up but I still want to experiment with wigs.
  • xiola
    My husband uses Rogaine and I can see why your hair felt dirty. His pillows get stained a nasty yellow color from it.
  • Nikilet
    I gave up on the Rogaine. My hair always felt oily, too, with that stuff. Nioxin is a product that always made my hair feel and look fuller, although it wasn't. I've just recently gone back to using it. I have finally given up and just accepted my fate. Seems funny with all the miracle cures and such they come out with someone hasn't developed something that will work on this baldness and thinning hair situation.
  • btrflygal7
    I tried that and everything else i could. I started having thinning hair during adolescence and tried rogaine, nioxin and a bunch of other stuff. The only thing that seemed to work for a while was these supplements phyto phanere has. My hair seemed thicker and seemed to halt the thinning. My finaly thing was Hairclub which was not good for me at all. It was basically a topper glued on top of my head which was 5,000 a year and the service was horrible. It took a lot of time and it was just not good for me. I have to think that maybe some things work but it depends on the cause of your hairloss. Mine is genetic.
  • Jnc
    I agree with you. You would think that they would have found something that really grows hair by now. It's just not fair.
  • MarburgGirl
    I honestly think that any product that claims to regrow hair is snake oil. If there really was a product out there that could give us regrowth to a full head of hair, we wouldn't be on sites like this discussing thin hair products. I say go with some beautiful wigs and forget about it.
  • animallover
    I agree 100%. I tried everything that I googled for hair loss for years and was on Rogaine for 20plus years and finally last year I decided enough is enough. I was wasting my hard earned $$ and creating so much stress within myself hoping for results and constantly being disappointed. So I finally buzzed my horrible hair and bought wigs.....haven't looked back and have my self-esteem back! And I can have any color hair I want, any style, any length......love it!
  • MarburgGirl
    YES!!! I love it! I'm about to buzz mine!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.