• nurseruth90
    Delighted to find this sight. I am new to wearing a wig due to a condition called lichen planopilaris - causing androgenic alopecia...mainly on the crown of my head. I'm using a precious style called "Faith". She moves around a little bit on my head, and I find myself trying to adjust - but don't want to give myself away in public....I've started using bobby pins to help secure. Are there under-caps you recommend? Also...the instructions say to store it folded ear to ear inside out...but I wondered if there is a stand that is better? Thanks in advance for sharing your wisdom and experience!
  • alicexm
    Welcome to the Forum! I wear a Milano WigGrip cap (check Amazon, other brands, multiple price points) and my wigs stay put even in high wind. As for storage, after combing out I use a foldable wig stand (also Amazon, but some beauty supply stores carry). Be sure to use a good conditioner spritz daily to keep your wig fibers soft and pliable. For care tips, YouTube is packed with videos that will help.
  • Jayne
    Alicexm gave good advice. Videos! Wig grips are awesome. "It Stays" could be rolled on your crown if the wig has a mono top. You can whip stitch-sew in wig clips or combs. I got foam heads, a cork-filled linen covered head (comes in multiple sizes) & foldable plastic wig stands...all from Amazon. Everyone is different, so I like the Styrofoam heads. Our Walmart has them in the craft section for $5.00. The cork-filled is more $ but is excellent for steaming & styling. The foldable can be used for drying. :grin:
  • nurseruth90

Is there a particular "good" conditioner spritz you would recommend?? Mine is synthetic.
    Thanks so much!
    Ruth
  • alicexm
    I use JR detangler when I take my wig off. Before wearing I spritz with Kendi bamboo oil. I order from Amazon.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.