• Cathe Lartigue
    it can be cause for very strong "debate" and I use that word with caution because I have a temper!
    Anyway, I realize that I'm pretty lucky to have a husband who's very supportive of my wig wearing. Actually, he has no choice. It's either that or I walk around half bald.
    But the more I wear wigs, the more familiar he becomes with my wigs. And that means he likes to put his two cents worth in.
    Perhaps it is because he's a Frenchman--a Parisian to be exact, and he's not afraid to show his knowledge about fashion or proper hairstyles. He's very opinionated. He loves me in my *cough* natural black hair. And as I age and enter into my 63rd year, I like the look of lighter hair on me these days.
    My bio hair--it isn't straight and I think that's why I have a penchant for long, straight bobs. He likes my hair curly and wavy.
    We're total opposites on everything and I swear that is what makes our marriage fun and spontaneous.
    He's helped me be more at ease with the fact I have to wear a wig. He'll peruse the wig sites to "suggest" what type of wigs I should get. He'll tell me I look beautiful--and I need to hear that.
    But, we have come to a compromise. When we go out on "date night" or to a special event, I'll wear this favored hair. All other times, I wear what I want. But the irony of it all is that I actually LOVE my one wavy wig--Violet by Estetica. He was right on that one!
    What about you? How's your husband/wife/partner on the subject of your wigs? Supportive or neutral?
  • Deleted User
    This user has been deleted and all their posts removed.
  • Amber
    HI FRIEND!!!! I loved reading this about your "Frenchman". :) My husband is so simple, and non fashionable. We are complete opposites. He didn't even know what extensions were when we met. I had to basically admit to him that the long hair I had that he loved was NOT mine... it was like confessing a deep dark sin or something. LOL. Anyway, he loves me for me...but he's prettty neutral. He definitely has colors and styles that I think he prefers over others, but he doesn't get into the nitty gritty details of fashion and trends... which is both annoying and kinda nice too. ;) He's just your homegrown country boy and needs help dressing himself...so his opinion on wigs doesn't concern me. Hahaha!!! He's had to learn to grow with my love to the fake hair!
  • Shar W
    My husband was not so supportive at first. But he has come around and actually has a couple favorites. He likes me in my plain dark brown toppers....LOL
  • edgem61
    7 months ago, when I decided to wear toppers and wigs, my husband was not very supportive. He did not in any way prevent me from doing it, but I think it scared him. I think he was worried that people would make fun of me. He would tell me that he liked me just the way I was. I also think that he had no idea just how far wigs have come in the last 30 years. Now, 7 months later, it seems with all the compliments I now get on my hair that he has adapted. In fact, I think he might be enjoying it. I caught him looking at wigs the other day on wigs.com and making suggestions and he now frequently has opinions about which of my wigs he likes best. So far, this is a good thing. I would rather have him interested in my wigs than never having any comments at all!
  • Katooshie
    My husband is awesome in every way...he is an artistic creative genius! He really likes my faux hair and he thinks its super smart that i do not have to shell out a fortune to hairdressers! One lady at his work told him she paid $200 for cut and color. He said "Are you NUTS? You should just wear extensions like my wife!"
  • Moonlitnight
    I think my sweetie would have loved the wigs too. Not brown ones however, as he was a huge fan of blondes. One thing I am hoping for is that I will get so comfortable with wearing wigs that I can stop using minoxidil. I have a feeling that my almost daily migraines, for which I take a possibly dangerous drug, might disappear if I do (although my daughter has them and so did my mum). Minoxidil is a vasodilator, so it could be possible.
  • Katooshie
    I pray for you to be relieved of these cursed headaches! Why not let go of the minoxidil and give wigs a go for a few months and see if the headaches go? Great experiment for the fall/winter when it's cold and wearing a wig is like wearing a cozy warm hat?!
  • Moonlitnight
    I did actually go off it for three months. I lost handfuls of hair and the migraines continued. However, I was not strictly keeping to my migraine diet and may have had a little cheese or chocolate. I am thinking if I did both...
  • Katooshie
    Let me know if you try it while keeping to your diet (that rhymes!) I really want you to be free from this curse!
  • Moonlitnight
    The poet who didn't know it. Yes, I will. I have seen four neurologists, had every test in the book and a brain scan. Yesterday, I ate only "safe" foods after having a migraine every day for 17 days. I didn't get one during the day but at 2 am woke with a screaming pain in my head. Grr! Thank you for caring :hearts:
  • Katooshie
    Seriously praying for your FULL RECOVERY. I've had 2 or 3 migraines in my whole life and I do not know how strong a person would have to be to have them regularly...let alone 17 days in a row!
  • Moonlitnight
    I have these single-use triptan puffers that abort the migraine. They are brilliant but can put pressure on the cardiovascular system. Before triptans were invented, I would regularly be carted off to LGH for two units of fluid because all I could do was barf. I couldn't even have ONE sip from a straw and I had a little girl. My husband was wonderful.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.