• animallover
    Does anyone have Perry by Estetica or Girl Mono by EW? If so, how do you like them? Looking to change things up but really am tired of trial and error....lots of error. I have never tried either brand before. Thanks!
  • animallover
    If no one has Perry or Girl Mono, does anyone know anything about Estetica wigs, or their lace fronts? Does the lace look like a natural hairline? Wigs run small or average? Same questions with EW wigs and lace fronts? Thanks!
  • linda
    Im curious about "Girl Mono" also. I have watched Taz's video of Girl and, of course, it is beautiful on her. While I do not own the brand Estetica I have read only good reports. Lots of videos online of "Girl Mono."
    If you decide to go for Girl I would appreciate reading your thoughts.
    L
  • dc21
    Estetica has beautiful lace fronts. IMO, they are sized for average but have good stretch for larger heads. I don't bother with Estetica much because they have backorders that are months long and will often discontinue styles in the same season they debut. Estetica is owned by Aderans now, so maybe their production will improve. It is my understanding that EW is good for smaller heads. Denise Sheets has a few YouTube videos on Girl Mono.
  • linda
    Thank you for the info.
    L
  • PennyC
    I think Estetica runs medium to large. They're perfect on me, and I own much every one of their wigs that I want. Sure, a few do go on backorder, but it's usually only when a hot new style comes out.
    From everything I've read, Ellen Wille wigs are small...I think most European wigs are smaller than American ones.
  • linda
    I have a question that pops in to my head while Im browsing wigs. Do any of you ask yourself if a wig is "Age Appropriate?"
    I usually don't but I do think to myself, should I give this more consideration than I do:)
    Oh, and I am not asking about length of hair. Think that one's already been discussed here.
    Thanks.
    Linda
  • animallover
    Thanks for the info on Estetica!

Thanks too, and, I have also read that EW runs small so I will most likely stay away from them. I have an average head and really don't like the feeling of a too tight head of hair!

I ask myself every time I look at wigs if it is "age appropriate"...I am 61 and I don't want to buy a wig that I consider too old, or one that I consider too young. I have seen women from the back that have a gorgeous head of youthful hair and when they turn around their face just doesn't match....now I don't mean that the way it sounds, I actually envy them their hair but I don't want to put on a wig that doesn't match my aging face...............I'm probably not explaining this correctly but I hope you know what I mean!! LOL

I have decided against Girl Mono, it kind of reminds me of my Sweet Talk, and I am not sure I like that length anymore. I really wanted to order Perry at the last sale but I wish it was just a tad longer in the back. I really like the color silversunrt8 but it is so different than the wheat blond rooted I am wearing.. So hard to decide what to do?!
  • linda
    You are explaining perfectly. I have similar experiences and do understand what you are saying.
    I love both "Girl Mono" and Sweet Talk. And I covet "Sweet Talk. As you know there is more to finding the right wig than "age appropriateness." Like too much hair too much perma-tease, color, etc. Gahhh!!!
    I wear Charlotte, Rae, Reese, and toppers by Rene of Paris. Marble Brown, coffee latte with lots of blond highlights.
    I bought a year or so ago the Kona, BelleTress. I put it on, mess with it and then take it off. It's just to much hair. Or so I think:( Just not sure what it is. This is why I have not purchased sweet talk.
    Do you know how they compare?
    Again, thanks so much for your thoughts and opinions. I enjoy reading you.
    Linda
  • animallover
    Sweet Talk was one of my first wigs. I wore it quite often and I still like it. It is a lot of hair but I noticed that you said you wear Reese.....I had ordered Reese once but the color was too dark so I sent it back, but I would say that Reese had a little more permatease than my Sweet Talk. I don't know how it compares to Kona though. I find Sweet Talk hot in the summer. That is why I am looking for shorter and maybe a little less dense. I had looked at Rae recently, it is cute but the front reminds me of Sweet Talk and I want something different. I like the back of Rae, I wish that Perry's back was similar to that. I had ordered a wig in Bubblegum-R once and it was too silvery but I wonder how silversunrt8 compares to that color....??
    Oh, and I love Taz's reviews......she can make my mom's old mop from the 50's look great!
    Thanks for your feedback and feedin (not a word but oh well!).
  • linda
    I wear Charlotte and get a lot of compliments it also has quite a bit of permatease. However, It is the open cap and so much cooler.
    The Rene of Paris, Rae is the most comfortable wig I own. Love it.
    Good luck with your search.
  • Happy to ve Retired
    I am not sure that I think of it as "age appropriate" since I think your general style has a lot to do with what looks good. I have found that color is the most important factor. If the wig is more trendy - then the color for people like me should probably offset the trendiness - so wear it in a grey or perhaps a light blond. I try to see how the wig make my face look - and some styles simply do no lift the face - so people like me who have not had surgery and are experiencing aging (lol) just don't look as good in wigs that pull the eye down to the jaw line. Bottom line - age appropriate is whatever you feel comfortable in. I wish older people would start wearing more blue hair and purple hair and pink hair - what the heck not?
  • linda
    Couldn't agree with you more. When I was in beauty school, many, many, years ago we all had hair in multiple colors of blues, pink, orange and blonds. It was fun! Then we had the little ladies who wanted blue tints added to their shampoos:)
    My how things come full circle.
  • animallover
    Ordered my first Estetica wig...Perry, anxious to see it!

I should take a pic of my Hairdo wig that I added "pink highlights" to....I love it. It's fun.
  • polkadot222
    Estetica has amazing lace fronts! They make high quality wigs. Even some of the wigs that don't have a mono top or part looks more natural than other brands which don't have these either. Yes, they discontinue some styles frequently. What they do when they debut a new style is make it in about 12 or 13 colors and if it does really well, they reorder with a load of new colors. If you want a wig that you can see has 18+ colors, you can be sure it won't be discontinued any time soon. I've been wearing Estetica on and off since I discovered this company in 2012. I must have worn about 12 different styles.
  • animallover
    So I just got Perry delivered. Why does everything look so great on Taz and when I order something it looks so different?!!? LOL
    Hmmmm, fibers are really nice, cap is indeed roomy, lace front is great, color is nice,(a little darker root than I was expecting though) but OK. Style? It is short, I buzz my hair all over and shave the back, just did it recently and it still peeks out from cap on sides of forehead, back of ears and nape. I will have to have hubby buzz more if I decide to keep her. She is straighter than I thought, really don't know what I was thinking as when I look at photos again, she is straight! I think I prefer more of a wave. I probably will keep her for out of town jaunts for hot days though. I am glad I didn't get the silversun color because I think it would have been aging with the straightness and style.
  • animallover
    Disappointed - I got a reject because it is definitely a defective wig.
  • polkadot222
    Taz doesn't show the wig out of the box. She does a lot of styling for her videos.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.