• animallover
    Does anyone have Perry by Estetica or Girl Mono by EW? If so, how do you like them? Looking to change things up but really am tired of trial and error....lots of error. I have never tried either brand before. Thanks!
  • animallover
    If no one has Perry or Girl Mono, does anyone know anything about Estetica wigs, or their lace fronts? Does the lace look like a natural hairline? Wigs run small or average? Same questions with EW wigs and lace fronts? Thanks!
  • linda
    Im curious about "Girl Mono" also. I have watched Taz's video of Girl and, of course, it is beautiful on her. While I do not own the brand Estetica I have read only good reports. Lots of videos online of "Girl Mono."
    If you decide to go for Girl I would appreciate reading your thoughts.
    L
  • dc21
    Estetica has beautiful lace fronts. IMO, they are sized for average but have good stretch for larger heads. I don't bother with Estetica much because they have backorders that are months long and will often discontinue styles in the same season they debut. Estetica is owned by Aderans now, so maybe their production will improve. It is my understanding that EW is good for smaller heads. Denise Sheets has a few YouTube videos on Girl Mono.
  • linda
    Thank you for the info.
    L
  • PennyC
    I think Estetica runs medium to large. They're perfect on me, and I own much every one of their wigs that I want. Sure, a few do go on backorder, but it's usually only when a hot new style comes out.
    From everything I've read, Ellen Wille wigs are small...I think most European wigs are smaller than American ones.
  • linda
    I have a question that pops in to my head while Im browsing wigs. Do any of you ask yourself if a wig is "Age Appropriate?"
    I usually don't but I do think to myself, should I give this more consideration than I do:)
    Oh, and I am not asking about length of hair. Think that one's already been discussed here.
    Thanks.
    Linda
  • animallover
    Thanks for the info on Estetica!

Thanks too, and, I have also read that EW runs small so I will most likely stay away from them. I have an average head and really don't like the feeling of a too tight head of hair!

I ask myself every time I look at wigs if it is "age appropriate"...I am 61 and I don't want to buy a wig that I consider too old, or one that I consider too young. I have seen women from the back that have a gorgeous head of youthful hair and when they turn around their face just doesn't match....now I don't mean that the way it sounds, I actually envy them their hair but I don't want to put on a wig that doesn't match my aging face...............I'm probably not explaining this correctly but I hope you know what I mean!! LOL

I have decided against Girl Mono, it kind of reminds me of my Sweet Talk, and I am not sure I like that length anymore. I really wanted to order Perry at the last sale but I wish it was just a tad longer in the back. I really like the color silversunrt8 but it is so different than the wheat blond rooted I am wearing.. So hard to decide what to do?!
  • linda
    You are explaining perfectly. I have similar experiences and do understand what you are saying.
    I love both "Girl Mono" and Sweet Talk. And I covet "Sweet Talk. As you know there is more to finding the right wig than "age appropriateness." Like too much hair too much perma-tease, color, etc. Gahhh!!!
    I wear Charlotte, Rae, Reese, and toppers by Rene of Paris. Marble Brown, coffee latte with lots of blond highlights.
    I bought a year or so ago the Kona, BelleTress. I put it on, mess with it and then take it off. It's just to much hair. Or so I think:( Just not sure what it is. This is why I have not purchased sweet talk.
    Do you know how they compare?
    Again, thanks so much for your thoughts and opinions. I enjoy reading you.
    Linda
  • animallover
    Sweet Talk was one of my first wigs. I wore it quite often and I still like it. It is a lot of hair but I noticed that you said you wear Reese.....I had ordered Reese once but the color was too dark so I sent it back, but I would say that Reese had a little more permatease than my Sweet Talk. I don't know how it compares to Kona though. I find Sweet Talk hot in the summer. That is why I am looking for shorter and maybe a little less dense. I had looked at Rae recently, it is cute but the front reminds me of Sweet Talk and I want something different. I like the back of Rae, I wish that Perry's back was similar to that. I had ordered a wig in Bubblegum-R once and it was too silvery but I wonder how silversunrt8 compares to that color....??
    Oh, and I love Taz's reviews......she can make my mom's old mop from the 50's look great!
    Thanks for your feedback and feedin (not a word but oh well!).
  • linda
    I wear Charlotte and get a lot of compliments it also has quite a bit of permatease. However, It is the open cap and so much cooler.
    The Rene of Paris, Rae is the most comfortable wig I own. Love it.
    Good luck with your search.
  • Happy to ve Retired
    I am not sure that I think of it as "age appropriate" since I think your general style has a lot to do with what looks good. I have found that color is the most important factor. If the wig is more trendy - then the color for people like me should probably offset the trendiness - so wear it in a grey or perhaps a light blond. I try to see how the wig make my face look - and some styles simply do no lift the face - so people like me who have not had surgery and are experiencing aging (lol) just don't look as good in wigs that pull the eye down to the jaw line. Bottom line - age appropriate is whatever you feel comfortable in. I wish older people would start wearing more blue hair and purple hair and pink hair - what the heck not?
  • linda
    Couldn't agree with you more. When I was in beauty school, many, many, years ago we all had hair in multiple colors of blues, pink, orange and blonds. It was fun! Then we had the little ladies who wanted blue tints added to their shampoos:)
    My how things come full circle.
  • animallover
    Ordered my first Estetica wig...Perry, anxious to see it!

I should take a pic of my Hairdo wig that I added "pink highlights" to....I love it. It's fun.
  • polkadot222
    Estetica has amazing lace fronts! They make high quality wigs. Even some of the wigs that don't have a mono top or part looks more natural than other brands which don't have these either. Yes, they discontinue some styles frequently. What they do when they debut a new style is make it in about 12 or 13 colors and if it does really well, they reorder with a load of new colors. If you want a wig that you can see has 18+ colors, you can be sure it won't be discontinued any time soon. I've been wearing Estetica on and off since I discovered this company in 2012. I must have worn about 12 different styles.
  • animallover
    So I just got Perry delivered. Why does everything look so great on Taz and when I order something it looks so different?!!? LOL
    Hmmmm, fibers are really nice, cap is indeed roomy, lace front is great, color is nice,(a little darker root than I was expecting though) but OK. Style? It is short, I buzz my hair all over and shave the back, just did it recently and it still peeks out from cap on sides of forehead, back of ears and nape. I will have to have hubby buzz more if I decide to keep her. She is straighter than I thought, really don't know what I was thinking as when I look at photos again, she is straight! I think I prefer more of a wave. I probably will keep her for out of town jaunts for hot days though. I am glad I didn't get the silversun color because I think it would have been aging with the straightness and style.
  • animallover
    Disappointed - I got a reject because it is definitely a defective wig.
  • polkadot222
    Taz doesn't show the wig out of the box. She does a lot of styling for her videos.
  • Tav
    I got a Girl Mono right before self isolation so it hasn't been worn much, but the curls are delightful. It does what my bio hair teased at but refused to deliver. As you can imagine, it can look unkempt. I must fight myself to keep from taming every spiral. It's still a joyful discovery for me.

I see where you commented about cap size. I have trouble with cap size as well. Night by Ellen Wille is the most comfortable wig I own and can be seen on bank and chicken runs. Certain Ellen Wille wigs are designed for women with little to no hair. I avoid those. I have success with the Perucci, Hairpower and Changes collections. I've focused on Ellen Wille wigs because I'm fond of some of her colors.

I wish you luck with your new Spring style and hope it brings you joy.
  • Tav
    I think about age appropriate from time to time and know I've got some young whipper snappers in my wig collection. They bring me joy though. I hate to say it, but I think I need a serious wig for certain events. I've looked for them, but end up at check out with another fun purchase.
  • linda
    Hi Tav, yes I understand totally. I even design and decorate my home with things that make me smile and bring joy to my heart.
    I get what you say about taming curls. I love the wavy, curly wigs. Im wearing Kona and I consciously try to keep my fingers off.
    Thanks for the fun reply.
  • animallover
    Hi Tav, I am still looking at Girl Mono. I like waves and curls too. My bio hair had both. I just got Stop Traffic and am loving it, I love the wave on it. Girl Mono reminds me a little of my Sweet Talk, one of the first wigs I ever purchased, it I do like it but want something a little longer but not as long as Radiant Beauty, that is why I am looking at Girl Mono. So happy you are happy with her! :grin:
  • Tav
    I just found this so I apologize for the delay. One of my newest wigs is Sweet Talk. They are completely different animals. The Girl Mono does not have nearly the amount of hair Sweet Talk has. I'm also dealing with curl issues on GM. I've watched many tips on YouTube for restoring her, but they haven't worked well. I'm afraid I may have killed her from playing with her so much.
  • linda
    I just purchased Sweet Talk today. Ive wanted her since she dropped several years ago.
    So Im happy to hear you both like. However, I am a little concerned about too much hair.
    Do either of you have issues with the curl with ST? And what colors do you have her in?
    L
  • animallover
    I have Sweet Talk in color GL11-25SS Honey Pecan. She is one of the first wigs I ever bought. I have had her for 2 years. I wore her for most of the first year all the time for daily life as well as hiking, biking, cleaning horse stalls, etc... She is still beautiful, the fibers are in great shape, and the lace front is still fabulous. I never had a problem with the curls at all. She does have a lot of hair, about the same amount I had most of my life , it just seemed like so much after having lost so much of my own hair. I would say she has the amount that someone without hair loss would have. I found her kind of hot in the summer on really hot days but I find all wigs hot, some worse than others. Hope you like her as much as I do when you get her!
  • linda
    Animallover I love the look of ST especially in the lighter shades. Honey Pecan just happens to be one of my favorites. But, alas, I can not wear it. Or it could be Im just not comfortable going for a drastic color change in a wig. Which is true curiosity for me because I was a hairdresser for nearly 15 years and my hair was all shades of the rainbow. My natural color is dark brown. But my wigs and hair pieces are medium brown with lots of highlights.
    I have "Rae" by RP in Marble Brown, rooted. "Kona" in Mocha with Cream. I can do with out the rooted colors. I like both and the wigs are super comfortable.
    Thank so much for responding.

L
  • Tav
    Stay calm, stay calm, ISN'T IT EXCITING? The thrill of a new look does that to me. I have the SS Honey Pecan which is a light brown with golden blonde highlights. It looks more blonde, but the brown undertones can't be denied.

She's a beauty but I haven't worn her yet. The cap was somewhat tight on my genius sized cranium, so I put it on a styrofoam head and she's coming along nicely. She will require a big debut when she introduces herself to my world.

The too much hair issue can easily be dealt with if you feel the need to tame this wild filly. To compress some areas that stick out too much, you can rub your hands together to create heat and press the wig down while wearing it. This will subdue some perma tease. Put your warmed hands under the top layers to avoid flattening them. If you want to further reduce things, there are YouTube videos to help. Patti's Pearls and Taz have information to help. You can put a styrofoam head on a plunger, mop or broom handle for height if you don't want to invest in the fancy set ups.

I hope you have lots of fun with her.
  • linda
    Tav, thanks so much for the reply and the reminder of how to tame the "wild filly."
    Question, does the styrofoam head really help with stretching wigs?
    L
  • Tav
    Glad to help, Linda! It depends on the size of the wig and the size of the styrofoam head. My Gabor Sweet Talk was too small. After some time on the styrofoam which was slightly larger than the wig, Sweet Talk stopped sassing me. A lady I used to buy wigs from would wet them, put some cloth between the wig and styrofoam head for a weekend or so to stretch them for me.

I'm still trying to find which brands that make larger "average sized" caps. I bought a large size from Raquel's line and it's too big for me. Jon Renau's Parker fits nicely, so I'll check that line more and I've heard Estetica has roomier caps as well.
  • linda
    Very interesting. Smart too.
    The Sweet Talk comes in large. I almost bought it, but instead I bought the "Sweet Talk Luxury wig." A little more money, but i think it'll be worth the extra $$. It is Suppose to be close in size to the Large. Ha, we shall see, right:)
    Thanks again for the help.
  • alicexm
    I have found RW wigs to be a little snug. Envy are generous average but not too large. JR are the “just right” fit for my average head. Not sure if this helps. I think wig sizing is mostly trial and error. I will say I have an En y that fits more like a JR but the main difference is one is hand tied and the other machine wafted.
  • linda
    Hello everyone, just reporting in on my purchase of the Luxury Sweet Talk. I am liking her a little bit more each day. So easy to style, and the color Sunlit Chestnut gets prettier each day:)
    A quick question for animallover and Tav since you both have Sweet Talk.
    I would like to cut a bang. Any suggestions?
    Thanks.
    L
  • animallover
    Oh , you would not want me giving advice on cutting bangs on a wig or anyone's head! I tried it on two wigs, my hubby had to fix them for me but they are so choppy looking I can only wear them on a very windy day!! Putting scissors or razors in my hand to be used exclusively for hair cutting is not something anyone would want to do! :yikes:
    Glad you are liking the color more, I took a look at it and it looks and sounds like a nice color.
  • linda
    I get that, very funny indeed.
    I was a hair stylist and cutter for many years. Albeit many,many. years ago:) So I watched a refresher video this morning and went for it. I cut a little bang and it looks pretty good.
    The color is ok. though it is kind of boring. Who knows someday I'll get adventurous and purchase another in Honey Toast:)
    I think wigs.org has the best return policy, but I had a credit with another store, which doesn't offer the same generous return policy. So next time it'll be here when I buy again.
    Thanks.
    L
  • Tav
    I might be cutting a bang in mine once I get it figured out. I hate to say it, but I haven't worn her yet. I just received a January by Jon Renau in Storm. It's similar to Sweet Talk, but isn't falling in my face like ST. Taz does some reviews on Sweet Talk and talked about having to thin the wig some for less volume. She has a petite head and I can see it over whelming smaller heads.

Check YouTube for the how to videos on cutting bangs into wigs. I've done a great job on some of my wigs and messed my Parker up big time. I will have to go farther back to try and correct it. I didn't go deep to begin with, so I have some room to work with. I also saw a video on twisting a strand at the very front and pushing hairs towards the scalp to keep it from falling in your face. There are also Sqhairbands (hinged like sunglasses) on Amazon to help keep the hair back if you don't want to cut it.
  • linda
    Thanks Tav.
    I did cut the bang using the twisty method shown on the video. I was a little worried because I didn't want to loose the curl. But I went for it following the video instructions and it turned out pretty good.
    I did buy "Luxury Sweet Talk." Paid a little extra, but it allows me to part the hair and pull it back wherever:) I think it even weighs less than the original. Also there doesn't seem to be too much hair. Very natural looking, but Im not crazy about the color. It's kind of boring.
    I do have the head bands. I slipped one on yesterday and it looked really nice. Kept the hair outta my face too.
  • animallover
    I must have a totally different Sweet Talk! SW is just about the only wig that I DON'T have trouble with the hair falling in my face. The worst one is Play It Straight by RW, I love the fibers and the style and color but just can't wear it bacause of the hair falling in my face all the time. I do not dare cut it even while watching a how-to video, I am that bad with scissors. Wish I knew someone who could cut it for me as it just is wasting away in my closet. I am not too fond of hairbands on me.
  • linda
    I understand about hidden wigs
    My ST doesn’t fall in my face. In face it is very easy to manipulate the curls and tuck behind my ear. It’s just that I feel I need a little fringe. Curly or straight. Nothing in my eyes .
    Now the only thing are the “fly away” wish they would:)
    Tav and you mentioned the super cold bath to deal with that issue. I’ll give it a try.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.