• cstamper
    I have a hand tied short wig on order (Tucson by Dream USA). I'm fairly new to wigs but I already have two! Anyway, I have sewn clips to the wefts and nape on my other two, but they are mono tops with extended napes. I use nothing else to secure these wigs and they work great.
    I am wondering if I will be able to sew clips onto this new one that has a full hand tied top? is there danger of damaging the monofilament? I would like to place 3 clips, one on each side of the top of the head and one at the nape. The nape is not extended. Any advice will be appreciated, thank you!
    cstamper
  • dc21
    I wear an all-handtied JR daily. I just glue the lace down, nothing else. Have you tried wearing a wig grip? The clips would have to be very small because there is only a small area that runs around the inside perimeter of the cap to attach them. I cut a hole in my handtied cap once and sewed it up with a dart type stitching. I honestly can't answer if it is durable enough to sew a clip on to the handtied mesh portion.
  • cstamper
    I do have some glue so i may have to use that. I have tried different brands of wig grips and they all feel too tight on my head (yes, I"m putting them on correctly, and loosening my wig slightly--they make me claustrophobic LOL I would hate to tear the mesh so I will just have to evaluate things when I get my wig. It's coming from CA so not sure when they will be able to ship. Thanks for your answer--glue may be the only solution for me.
  • ccwgmstrmp
    A hand tied wig with wefts? Did you ever consider contacting an expert wig maker... If so, here I AM.
  • Taylor75
    Yes you can do that, I have in the past with a hand tied. I also used transparent thread. I found that sewing an elastic band from ear to ear works better, to secure the wig. Also wearing wig clips can cause hair loss. I stopped using them because of hair loss.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.