• 5headgirl
    I feel that RW is a quality brand but I cant seem to find a good blonde shade for me. I'm very fair cool toned. Does anybody know of her good blonde shades?
  • Tav
    Go to You Tube and type in blondes by Raquel Welch. Watch for lighting of the videos to make sure you get closest to a true color representation.
  • polkadot222
    Raquel Welch recently introduced some cool toned blonds, both in the regular and in the heat friendly fiber. I don't know the names of these as I don't wear blond however if you look at the descriptions of the color, they might mention if they are cool toned or not. Another suggestion is to phone wigs.com and ask.
  • 5headgirl
    I've watched a lot of wig videos and it's always the same ladies with very poor lighting.
  • Taylor75
    Hi, I wear cool blondes, what about Shaded Biscuit by RW? You might like that color.
  • 5headgirl
    It looks really white in all the videos Ive seem on you tubr.
  • dc21
    RW has beautiful styles. Do you have experience with HD wigs? Most of RW's newer styles are HD, but I wouldn't recommend a HD wig, especially a longer one, unless the person has experience with synthetic wigs. If you plan on wearing it all day, the maintenance on HD styles can be frustrating.
  • linda
    Hello Tav, awhile back you described a way to get rid of "flyways." I thought I saved it, but it seems I didn't.
    Would please repeat your formula or point me to a video describing the process.
    Thanks.
    Linda
  • 5headgirl
    It seems like RW does a heck of a good redhead color but I dont know what shes got against blondes.
  • Tav
    I forgot what I said! You Tube has a video called "How To Remove Static in Wigs or Hair" by Taz dated January 28, 2019. She has several suggestions and it's less than 10 minutes. I couldn't do justice to try and type all her suggestions. I need to rewatch it myself after my Night by Ellen Wille decided to go wild without permission.
  • linda
    Dont ya just hate it when the girls act-out.
    I like my Sweet Talk, but when I am outside or light is directly on my hair flyaway-flyaways:(
    Ive seem the one where she rubs her hands together and then presses on the hair. That little trick actually works.
    How do you like "Night."
    Thanks
    L
  • cathy927
    good hair wig
  • Tav
    I really like my Night and it's my go to wig for running around town. It's stretchy enough for my punkin head. It's a good light wig with less hair than most I've encountered. It should be a perfect summer wig in this Looziana heat. The web site picture serves as a deterrent, but you can use it as a guide for length.

I have Wig ADD and enjoy swapping styles way too much. This week I took Girl Mono by Ellen Wille and shook the snot out of it before putting on a perfect cloud of curls. We had fun!!!! This one brought out my inner child which I thought was lost. I work with family and mama has turned her nose up at everything with the exception of Night in Bernstein Rooted and January in Storm. My inner child is wanting Jamila and Storyville plus all the other JR Arctic colors. Off I go to dream some more.
  • Debbie
    5headgirl, I have her color “vanilla”. But unfortunately, I have only found this In Trend Setter.
  • 5headgirl
    Trendsetter is way too much hair for me. I think the darker colors in her wigs look more natural. I dont know about her strawbeerry blinde? Dies she have any styles without a lot of permatease?
  • linda
    Tav, have you tried “Movie” by Ellen Wille?”
    L
  • Tav
    I think this site didn't like my comments about Movie. I will try to be more careful. The two long strands in the front didn't make sense to me. I cut bangs down to my chin because I didn't want to ruin it if I found a use for the strands. The fibers are not silky and flowing. I can side swoop my long bangs to stop at my eyebrows and they do not fall even with the extra length. This is behavior that I expect out of my bio hair, so I prefer silky and flowing. Breck or L'Oreal hair is preferred. There in lies my beef with Movie.
  • linda
    Thanks Tav!
    Actually I did receive an email from you prior to this one with a similar “evaluation:)”
    Im not sure why it would be disapproved of. Its a blog which provides an opportunity for sharing pros and cons of wigs. Its information we need to save a lotta frustration on our part, the customer. Informed and knowledgeable customers make for happy customers. Happy customers equals repeat customers.
    Your input has helped me a lot. And I will be buying another Sweet Talk from wigs. Com because of our conversations.
    I look forward to more.
    Linda
  • linda
    Hi Tav, it's me again...Linda.
    Do you have fresh Chic? If so how does it compare to Sweet Talk?
    Please, anyone can weigh in here.
    Also on the model showcasing Fresh Chic at wigs.com, what color is she wearing?
    I want another Sweet Talk but I want it in a medium brown with highlights, especially around the face. Gabor's color Hazelnut is just too blended as some of her medium browns are. Too me they are more blond than a brown/blond mix.
    Thanks.
    L
  • Tav
    The model is wearing GL14-16 HONEY TOAST.

I don't have Fresh Chic, Linda. I've been sorely tempted on numerous occasions though. I don't know which is cuter, the wig or the model. I have been looking for medium brown as well. There are a thousand varieties of blonde with dark root swatches to confuse us. Wigs.com has some amazing photos of wig heads with the colors better represented. I'll pick my style and look for those photos within the brand.

I was thinking about you earlier when my newest January showed up. I was shuffling wigs around and moving wigs out of favor with me into boxes. This makes my third January within the past few months in colors Storm, Malibu Blonde (for assistance at Lowe's) and now 24BT18 which is close to the color of the Fresh Chic picture. The curls are more relaxed and it's a little longer than ST. I think Fresh Chic is adorable though and will eventually find herself in favor at my house.

Good luck and let me know how it goes!
  • animallover
    Linda, if you put in "fresh chic" in the search you will come up with a thread by Samantha....I had once wanted Fresh Chic but haven't got her yet.

Also, I have ST in Honey Pecan.. I can take a pic of her on a wig head if you want to see the color?
  • linda
    Sure I would like that.
    I’ll try to find Samatha also:)
    Thanks!
    L
  • animallover
    Will post a pic when we get back home, probably Wednesday.....
  • linda
    Thank you! I look forward to seeing it.
    L
  • animallover
    Sweet Talk in Honey Pecan.....looks in rough shape, it is my oldest wig and has been through a lot...horseback riding, motorcycle riding, hiking, etc......she's been a great girl! The first 2 pics are inside with lights on and last 2 pics are outside in part sun/clouds.
    Attachments
    inside 2 (43K)
    inside (38K)
    outside (51K)
    outside 2 (62K)
  • linda
    Animallover, thank you for sharing.
    What happend to her curls...lol
    L
  • animallover
    OMG . I just looked at the photos and I don't know what happened but they didn't look like that on my phone when I posted them! Especially the outside ones.....what's up with the metallic shiny fuzzy look??!! I'm so sorry, how can you possibly tell the color with those pics? Every one looks like it's a totally different color! Regarding curls...I think the motorcycle straightened her out! She's been through a lot. She still good for working outside and bike rides, ole faithful
  • linda
    Hey y'al, for two weeks now there hasn't been a single comment or question.
    Everyone's "issues" are fixed:)
    There was a video online by wigs.com . Did anyone watch it?
    Thoughts?
    L
  • Tav
    I saw some videos that arrived by email. Maybe those were the ones. I've also poked around on other videos since, so my mind isn't sorting them very well. Did it have to do with warm and cool colors?
  • linda
    Hi Tav!
    Thanks for replying. I received a video via email from wigs.com, advertising a little promo on wig styling, etc. So I decided, what the heck I would spend 10 minutes and see what I could learn. Nothing!! The hairdresser could not complete a sentence. He seemed more interested in styling his own hair, and checking the mirror. I don't think he had a grasp on where the camera was, and that he had a live audience other than the person in the mirror.
    The "model" was articulate and interactive with the camera the supposed audience. I think she did a decent job of covering for him. But I had to end it early before my forehead hit the desk in total frustration.
    Maybe it was an off day for me:( I will admit patience is not one of my virtues.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.