• Happy to ve Retired
    Has anyone used silicone sheet to keep a wig secure? I see that wigs.com sells silicone sheets by JR and I seem to remember someone here commenting on using silicone to keep the wig from slipping. Curious as to whether anyone has tried that and if so, how did it go?
  • Tav
    I haven't tried those, but they sound hot. Wigs.com sells a wig grip that has a silicone band in the middle of it. I have one of those, but I have hair so it's over kill for me. I'm sending it to a relative that's mostly bald. I've started seeing wigs with silicone over bands of the cap. The latest was by Raquel Welch. I'm sorry, I don't remember the name of the wig. I think that would be cooler and a better bet. I wonder if there's a way to put silicone on the wigs we already have.
  • Happy to ve Retired
    i ordered the silicone sheet because it is worth a try. I wear JR wigs, and I am having "slippage" with Naomi which is a mono top, but not with another wig that is lace front but not a mono top. I don't like the glue if I can avoid it, and I also have hair. I hate wig grips as they give me a headache. The glue works, but it is a pain in the butt to use every day. I saw that the new RW wigs are sporting a silicone coating of some sort, so I am going to try cutting small strips to sew into my wig cap and see if this works.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.