• HairLove
    I attempted to introduce myself for the first time last night (in the private forum) but am not sure if I did so correctly? You see, I'm a total dinosaur when it comes to online forums and so may even need a bit of guidance at times when it comes to the mechanics of posting! As with some others, I first read through a number of previous threads in order to familiarize myself w/these discussions--but now fear I may have missed my opportunity to join in, due to a concerning dustup re: flyer imaging. Assuming it was resolved amicably, I'm hoping this post will allow me to become a part of such a genuinely warm, friendly and oh-so-helpful group! Once again, then, my fingers are crossed...
  • HairLove
    Thanks Tav! I feel kinda silly for posting my introduction twice but Gracie Mas explained the delay was an attempt to weed out spammers. That is certainly reassuring...and I look forward to joining this group!
  • Diana
    [Welcome from Montana. Wig wearer for about 6+ years.
  • Misty
    Hi and welcome to the forum :smile:
  • HairLove
    @Tav@Diana@Misty First of all, hope I just mentioned you guys properly. Secondly, you have no idea how happy I was to see your kind notifications, as I worried this forum was on the decline (compared to what it was while reading thru the last years’ posts..) In any case, I’m hoping it picks up a bit—but no matter, bc I just made 3 new lovely friends!
  • Misty
    Hi HairLove I used to be more active a while ago, however I am not so active now. It is lovely to see someone new on the forum and to say "Hi". I wear sythetic long wigs and have done for a long time now. Sometimes I am tempted to think of going over to HH, however the area that wears for me first is the lace front, maybe because of the summer humidity we have where I live. The lace tends to get loose and rippled for want of another word. So I happily buy my Jon Renau Zara's, Kaia's etc, and enjoy them whilst they last!
  • HairLove
    I’m very happy that you may engage more often, then, Misty! I certainly know how life can get in the way, tho (perhaps you’ve already seen the ‘tome’ I just posted!) Once my guy returns home from hospital, I’ll doubtless have less time but still hope to continue making sympathetic new friends and exchanging great tips, as well :) Hmmm. It seems as though we’re in the same boat—yet on opposite ends—as I’m happy w/my HH wigs, while open to wearing synthetics, too! I haven’t yet had any trouble w/my lace, although I was strongly warned to avoid tugging on that area and to instead use the much stronger ear tab area to adjust the piece. Perhaps, too, the actual type of lace is important? I’ve also heard that Swiss, French, invisible or even HD lace all have their place...depending on your particular needs, right? Yikes. It seems there’s so much to learn—yet I’m finding the process rather fun! In the case of my first HH wig, the company I purchased it from has a maintenance programme in case we wish to cut, colour, add hair or even redo the lace altogether. In fact, I’ve seen women sporting the same wig five, six or even many more years later—and they report that it simply becomes more natural looking! However, I don’t expect my newest and already thinnest pieces to last nearly as long as that...but, then again, they were a fraction of the cost of my first (and - during Covid - I managed to snag a couple of beauties at an even better bargain, yet..) Hopefully, you’ll be able to advise me on my first synthetic purchase, tho! Oops. I’d better stop typing—before I write another tome..
  • animallover
    Welcome!! I've been a wig wearer for a little over 2 years. I initially tried a HH topper but found it very difficult to match my own hair, it looked like a bad toupee from 1920 on my head!! I than buzzed my hair and have been wearing synthetic wigs ever since. I reallly enjoy the diversity of styles and colors! One day I have straight shoulder length red hair, the next short curly blonde hair, etc.... I love RW wigs, the lace is awesome, I think I have 2 or 3 of her styles. I also love my Sweet Talk by Gabor, which has great lace too and has lasted since I bought it over 2 years ago! But, honestly, my go to almost daily wig is my "cheap" Hairdo wig. It is a heat defiant wig and doesn't have any shine and no one has ever known it is a wig. I have 3 of them. After a while the HD fibers tend to get a little stiff but that's OK with me. I usually buy them off of wigoutlet and get them for under $60. If you really want to try a synthetic, take a look on wigoutlet and purchase one when they have their 20 percent off sale.....just a thought! Of course, the color selection isn't as great as on wigs.com . Anyways, just thought I'd pitch in and say a very warm welcome! This forum is a blessing and has helped me a lot especially in my first year of being kind of afraid of wearing a wig in public......those fears are gone and I am having fun! :grin:
  • HairLove
    @animallover : Oh, I just love your name!! First, tho, please forgive me for missing this message initially, as I'm new to forums in general and also quite discombobulated (is this even a word??) over my husband's recent hospital stay...Oh my goodness, tho. So much information to digest! I really need to keep an eye out for the sales, as I fear my choice may rival your "bad toupee from 1920" :)) Isn't it amazing about your favourite piece being the cheapest one, too? You know, while scanning through previous posts, I happened to see someone else loving on a Hairdo wig...and when I looked it up, I fell in love, too! (can't seem to recall the style, tho will look back to check) I also admire the way you're so willing to change things up each day. I'm in the process of attempting to do so myself--but have to first get my newest wigs ready for the big "debut" (or as much of a "debut" as one can muster in the midst of a scary worldwide pandemic..) I posted some pics of them on the private forum but must have the lace cut properly first on my "thinnest hairline" pieces. Wow. That is a scary endeavour, as these very thin ones have to be cut v-e-r-y carefully around the ears--and I have zero experience doing this! However, I did study some great tutorials on YouTube by an amazing AA gal. Hopefully, I can do this myself, then bc it's not easy these days to get anyone to cut hair--esp "wig" hair! As well, I need to shorten the other - much longer - thin piece since I don't feel at all comfortable going any longer than 14" at my age. Ugh. Again, tho, thanks so very much for your warm welcome! I've been absolutely overwhelmed by everyone's kindness:heart:
  • btrflygal7
    Hi there welcome. I come on here occasionally. enjoy:smile:
  • HairLove
    @btrflygal7! It’s just such a pleasure to meet you—and here’s hoping you post more often, too, as I’d love to hear from everyone more!
  • animallover
    Thanks, I just love animals - so loving and always happy , my pets make me smile in these difficult times. I enjoy reading your posts and I pray all is going well with your husband. :pray:
  • HairLove
    @animallover : You cannot imagine how much your prayers are appreciated at this time, as he has somehow developed another devastating post-op complication :(( However, also has finally begun responding to aggressive treatment—and so we’re all very hopeful he can overcome resulting deficits. Once more, this lovely forum has added a much needed diversion, so I thank you all right back! Btw, if anyone wondered why I posted silly pics of the kitties in response to that other thread, it was just my way of stayIng as positive as possible—since I’m a huge believer in the healing power of laughter! (wishing I could learn to post hearts and curved arrows for you lovely ppl, too)
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.