• Faye18
    Hi, everyone.

Can anyone please tell me where I can buy online, a short synthetic wig for an extra-large head.

My head circumference is 25".

Even if I buy a wig in Large size and I take out the velcro tabs, the wig is still too tight.

Thank you.
  • alicexm
    Some wig sellers offer customized fit. One I’m familiar with is Patti’s Pearls.
  • Elizabeth Wigs com Team
    Hi Faye,

Unfortunately, Wigs.com does not carry any extra-large cap construction wigs. If you don't mind me asking, what brand or style have you tried in the past?
  • HairLove
    Hello Faye! A quick look round shows how challenging it might be to find a 25” lrg cap wig—esp, then, to enjoy much choice. However, that would just make me more determined...and inquiring on hair loss forums is a great idea! Another thought, tho, might be Etsy. I spent a while searching there myself initially and found there seemed to be several popular wig makers. Perhaps you could find one you like and then scroll thru their reviews (hopefully one of the more favored ones) then contact them w/your own particular needs. If good, they’ll want very detailed measurements and also be upfront about price. Many offer either HH or synthetic choices (some even a combo thereof) and I’ve seen prices run the gamut from very affordable to more pricey, as well. I actually ordered a custom piece once—but the woman encountered a personal family tragedy before completion. As a result she offered several options to make things right for me. Unfortunately, I wasn’t in a position to wait—but will never forget how professionally she handled the situation. Hopefully, this helps in some small way and I certainly wish you the very best of luck in your search!
  • linda
    Hello everyone. I need help!
    I recently purchased Fresh Chic by Gabor, and it arrived yesterday...yea. I was really excited to get it and so quickly. I put a lotta time in researching the style, color, and I own Sweet Talk, which I love. So I felt pretty confident all would be fine.
    HAHAAH! I could tell even without trying it on that this wig was gonna be too small. Oh my! When I finally managed to get it on it nearly popped off my head. I do have a "big head." Measures 23" inches, but come on people. Where's the consistency.

So I am asking y'all for help...PLEASE! Who is the most consistent in all areas of wig making??
    ANY and all input will be greatly appreciated
    Linda
  • animallover
    OH NO! I was just going to press buy for Fresh Chic after spending ALL day looking at reviews and colors! I'm so sorry to hear this....and I feel your frustration. I have wigs by Gabor, ROP, RW , Henry M, and Hairdo ....Hairdo is the only consistent one, I have 3 and all fit the same. Again, I'm sorry , waiting and then being disappointed is such a let down.
  • linda
    Thanks so much. I will let you know what the company says about the size. It is so small that I am wondering if it is a petite?? I dunno. But I’ll keep you posted.
    What styles do you prefer? Curly, straight, short, long? Or all of the above:)
  • animallover
    Yes, please let me know what the company says....I see the sale is still on for today so maybe I will still order it if your size is a fluke or petite. Do you like the style, the curls? the color? My bio hair used to full of wavy curls and I wore it about shoulder length so I prefer curls but I have wigs that are short and straight, long and straight, long and short wavy. Straight Talk is my waviest/curliest so far. I prefer shorter wigs due to the friction and frizz that happens to longer wigs.
    I just returned a JR wig that I ordered from the last sale. I waited a year to order it and it was a nice style, fibers nice, color was pretty but it just wasn't me.
    Hi Linda, did you try on the piece? We'd love to hear your feedback. After reviewing Fresh Chic by Gabor, it looks like the capsize only comes in average. The circumference of an average cap size is 22 inches. Many wigs have adjustable straps that give up to 1.5" so that you can achieve a comfortable and secure fit.
  • linda
    Elizabeth, thanks so much for such a rapid response:) I appreciate the information on sizing.
    Yes I did try it on a few times albeit with a hair cap. I did release the adjustable straps, and it didn't give at all. The ear tabs were too far above my ears.
    I have several Charlottes by TressAllure(?) and they are around 22" and when I make the adjustment they fit fine. And I can wear it all day.
    I do like the Fresh Chic. The fiber and curls are very pretty. It's simply too tight.
  • linda
    Animallover,
    So I tried "FreshChic" on one last time. Still too tight for me:(
    I did speak with a rep at the company, and she said that while Gabor's wigs are considered to be a "regular" in size this one could be on the lower end of that measurement. I measure 23"
    and the adjustments did not open at all. I will return her, and wait for awhile then reorder the Fresh Chic.
    I Have several Charlottes by TressAllure, and each one is different in size. However, I can adjust them to fit. Cant do that with this one.
    So it could simply be this batch of FC's. I will wait a couple months and try for her again.
    I also wanted to say that contrary to a few videos I've watched Fresh Chic is less dense than ST. At least this one is..lol. With that FC looks just like the pictures and video's. Very pretty, the curls and fiber are nice and soft.

If you order FC Please let me know if she works for you and your thoughts.
    I truly appreciate your feedback.
    Linda
  • animallover
    Thanks Linda for the info. I took the leap on this sale and ordered her....it may take awhile to receive her though as I took advantage of the free ground shipping. I am glad to hear that she is less dense than ST, I can't wear my ST in the warmer weather as she is way too hot. I'm anxious to see the curls on her. I got the same color as my ST so I shouldn't be too surprised by the color...I hope. LOL
    I will let you know what I think when I get her. Thank you for your feedback on her!
  • linda
    Oh good for you.
    I look forward to your comments.
    L
    You're welcome! We're here to help. If you bought from Wigs.com, you can return your item with no restocking fees! You have the option to return and re-order the same style if you'd like. Just make sure your item is eligible for return here: https://www.wigs.com/apps/help-center#exchange-or-return-product-eligibility
  • animallover
    So I received Fresh Chic today. It fits my head perfect, right from the box, without any adjusting it fit great maybe even alittle big. The fibers are so soft, the Gabor lace front is fabulous as usual. I adore the style, the curls and waves are just like my bio hair used to be when it was thick and full. I wore throughout the day while working at home and every time I saw my reflection I was taken aback. I am not used to such a head full of waves. My go to wig for sometime has been my Hairdo Textured Fringe Bob.....stick straight.....and sometimes I would wear my RW Play it Staight. So FC is quite different. I do have Sweet Talk, which is similar but I haven't worn her for awhile . SW waves and curls seem different to me though. I do like FC though, and so far I plan on keeping her but it will take me sometime to get used to her full curls.
  • linda
    Thank you for letting me know. I am so
    pleased to hear this and very Happy for you too. That means there is hope for me...right. Do you mind sharing your head measurement, please?
    Do you find FC to be less dense than ST?
    I did. What color did you get her in?
    Thanks again.
    L
  • animallover
    My head (around forehead) is 21 1/4". I got GL11-25SS SS HONEY PECAN. It is the same color as my ST. I do indeed find her less dense than ST.....quite a bit less dense. And the fibers seem softer to me too on FC, although it could be that my ST is quite used and older. I do find FC shiny though, much shiner than I remember SW to be when I first got her. . I was shocked at first when I first put her on my head though, it looked like I had found my mother's old mop she had when I was a kid and plopped it on my head! I had to separate the curls and smooth some down. She did get kind of messy looking when I went out in the yard and the wind kicked up, but I like the messy look.
  • linda
    animallover, just checking in to ask if you are still liking Fresh Chic? I really hope so:)
    Couple questions for ya!
    How long do you wear a wig before making the decision to keep it? When you try it on do you wear a wig cap? If so does the wig still fit you comfortably, or is it snug?
    L
  • animallover
    I am still liking her, I think. I say I think because I am still trying to get used to the waves all over the place. I wish the bangs were slightly longer, just a little more, sort of like Voltage bangs. It is shiny though. I usually can tell right out of the box and a short time on my head if I am going to keep a wig or not. If not, I send it back within a day or two. If I am leaning towards liking it I wear it around the house and in the yard for a few days. I've only had one style of wig that I loved straight out of the box without trying it on and loved even more when on my head.
  • animallover
    I decided late last night to keep her. I washed her in Woollite, soaked in Downey, rinsed well and air dried. She is a little less shiny this morning but I still sprayed her heavily with dry shampoo. Put her on, put in some clips to pull back bangs and she is sooo cute....with curls and waves falling nicely!
  • linda
    animallover, Im really glad to hear. Now Im anxious to reorder my girl:)
    Question(s) What does Woollte do that wig shampoo doesn't.
    Which dry shampoo do you use and is it alcohol based?
    One thing that concerns me is when dining out and being seated next to a heater...zowza. I know, I know, so many more important things to worry about,right:)
    But I have to protect my girls.
    L
  • animallover
    Hi Linda - I really don't know if Woolite does anything different, when I first started researching wigs I was seeing that a lot of people were using Woolite instead of wig shampoo so I just bought a jug and have been using it ever since, last a long time as it's been over 2 years. I like the smell of it too, smells fresh and clean. For dry shampoo I use "Not My Mother's". It says natural but I see that the 3rd ingredient is alcohol. I don't use dry shampoo too often, just at first due to the shine that some wigs have. I kind of like HD fibers because they don't have that shine but they do not last as long as far as looking really good. Does sitting near a heater hurt a wig? We have 2 woodstoves and when I fill one I sometimes have a wig on but I lean way back.....but if I am taking something out of a very hot oven I have my husband do it as I did fray the ends of one wig once. Usually I don't wear a wig at home unless someone comes over.
  • linda
    I do the same when cooking and, especially when company is coming, I alert my husband that he is on oven duty. LOL!
    I do use softener on my wigs, but Ive never tried Woolite. I like nice smelling products so I will definitely give it a try.
    Thanks for the tips.
    L
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.