• animallover
    So I ordered Estetica Jett on wigoutlet. It is my first Estetica wig so I am not familar with their lace fronts. First, I love Jett. Love the fibers, the style, the color......it is lightweight and so comfortable and looks great with a turtleneck! It is very roomy though, maybe because my head is buzzed, but seems like I could fit one of my cats in there! Anyways, the lace fronts on my RW's and Gabor wigs are virtually invisible. The lace front on Jett is rough, seems to be "lifted" a little and I can see it as a line on my forehead. Now, maybe that is the reason it was on wigoutlet but I don't know if this is how Estetica lace fronts are. I can't cut any off of it as there is not a lot of it. Can I somehow smooth it down? Camoflage it? Any advice would be very much appreciated!

Oh, and one more question, I forgot to order JR's piece out creme and I'm wondering if I can use regular piece out creme or texturizing creme on this wig? I love Jett the way it is but I would really love to put some of that kind of product in it to give the front and top some lift. Thanks again!
  • Tav
    I responded but it's under review. I'd forgotten, but I had problems with my Mellow's lace front by Estetica. Washing may help. I don't remember washing mine, but I may have. I think I trimmed the lace front as well. I remember one of my wigs having an obnoxious lace front which was scratchy and obvious. I believe it was Mellow with those dark roots poking out willy nilly in the lace. Best of luck with your Jett, she is a cutie. I wanted Jett, but have no control over my Elvis Presley side burns. It's really not that bad, it just feels like it.
  • linda
    animallover, I had a similar problem with my Kona. The lace was scratchy and it irritated my skin. So I carefully trimmed the lace back as far as I could. Then I soaked just the lacy part in softener for a few hours. It worked. No damage to the wig.
    If you are nervous about doing this yourself perhaps your hairdresser could help.
    Good luck.
    L
  • animallover
    Thanks guys! I will try washing and putting extra softener on the lace part.
    Tav - I do like Jett. I bet she will be great in the summer when it gets really, really hot out. She is adorable.
    Linda - I had to laugh when you mentioned my hairdresser......that would be my hubby! He buzzes my hair!
  • linda
    I knew that...LOL!

I think about a buzz cut, but so far that's all I've done is think about it.
    Do you wear head-wraps, scarves, or caps during your down time from wearing wigs?
    If so, what is your fav?
    L
  • Tav
    I have 2 Estetica wigs. One is Mellow with a lace front and the other is Jones with bangs and no lace front. I didn't wear Mellow over the summer because it's noticeably warmer than my other wigs. I remembered having issues with the lace front. It was uncomfortable and prickly. There isn't much there and I can't remember if I'd trimmed it. It had slipped my mind until you brought that up. Jett's a cutie and I hope the issue resolves it's self.

I prefer bangs over a bad lace front, so going medieval on a lace front isn't out of the question for me. Maybe washing it will help calm the lace front down. Mellow got a lot of use this week and didn't bother me but I've yet to wash it. Also, I bought an extra jar of piece out cream if you want it.
  • animallover
    When at home I hardly ever wear a wig and I don't wear any other head coverings.....except in the winter when it is cold, I will wear a warm winter hat when in the yard. I keep my buzzed hair colored ....right now it is burgundy. I must admit it is very freeing, something I always wanted to try and I am so glad that I finally did. It is a wonderful feeling when being buzzed (no pun intended!). It is something that you really have to be mentally prepared for though....no turning back when the process has started! LOL
    How do you like Jones? I had thought of her when she first came out but I watched Taz's review and she "talked" me out of it. I still look at her when they have sales though......how do you like her? Is she as hard work as the reviews say?
    Thank goodness that Jett has a bang, side swept but it still hides the lace front a little.
    I would love to purchase the cream from you......I was looking online where I could buy some and haven't made up my mind yet. Thanks for the offer!
  • Tav
    I have tried to wear her once. I took her off, boxed her and wondered what the manufacturer was thinking. The photo does justice to the wig, that's how it looks. At home, it's the same minus the pretty model. I look like I've had an accident with electricity. The bonus is no lace front and it's comfortable on my right at 23" noggin. I believe Jones is going to be great for so many women, I just didn't have the right frame of mind to carry it off. I'm sure I'll get there.
  • linda
    Happy New Year Tav, animallover,
    and et’al.
    Linda
  • animallover
    Happy New Year right back at ya Linda!! And to all others!! :party:
  • linda
    Thanks you!
    I am waiting on my reorder of Fresh Chic.
    Excited:)
  • Tav
    Happy New Year , and everyone!!!! Wishing a better 2021 that behaves it's self.

I've been seduced by the Wig Talk Wednesday gals again. A darker Dylan by Tony of Beverly is on the way along with another In Charge by Raquel in a different color. Both are straight hair that curves on the ends. My hair was never straight, so that grass is greener saying applies here.
  • linda
    Hey Tav, you know how to start the New Year out just right.
    Take care and keep us posted on Dylan.
    You say “darker” what color?
    My te-order for Fresh Chic is on the way.
    Excited
  • linda
    OOOPS, that would be re-order of Fresh Chic:)
  • Tav
    Hey Linda! I really hope this FC comes home and is the perfect size. I have Dylan in Bamboo and just ordered Caramel Kiss. A slightly darker brown. It hasn't shipped yet, but I'm enjoying the Bamboo. My original In Charge was at such a good price that I wasn't as concerned about the color as I should have been. Hopefully the next color will agree with me.

Let us know about your new FC! I got mine in and was in a rush to get to work. It wasn't styled and I heard the sides were sticking out along with some amused chuckles. I will get her flying right because she's comfortable and adorable.
  • animallover
    Yay, that is exciting! I bet this one will fit perfect. What color did you get? She is super cute!

Hey Tav! I have been kind of hooked on Wig Talk, thanks a lot!! LOL They just did an unboxing of 2 wigs by Tony of B.....the shorter one was really cute but the longer one reminded me of way way back in the 70's! I was curious as to why wigs.com doesn't carry that brand and I did a google search and came across a utube video done by cysterwigs and she was saying that they were dropping that brand , not because they didn't like it but because they aren't allowed to offer sales or discounts. Too bad!!
    I looked at both Dylan and In Charge, both cute!! Hope you like the colors when you get them.....
    I never style my FC....oh oh, better keep checking my sides! LOL
  • linda
    Hi animallover, I reordered FC in Hazelnut GL-8-29 SS.
    First order was Honey Pecan. I love this color, but it didn't work for me. My natural hair color is very dark brown. Nearly black with sorta blue green eyes.
    As a hairdresser and in beauty school I changed my hair color like I change wigs today. But even then and now I still have not found a blond that I can live with. However, I like highlights..lots of highlights. Especially highlights which frame my face...go figure.
    The ladies on Wednesdays wig talk are amazing. And very fun to watch.
    I have a question for you and Tav. Is there a place on this forum where our communications are private?
  • animallover
    Linda - I think I just sent you a private message......
    I have RW's Voltage in Hazelnut, it is a beautiful color. I have Gabor's Sweet Talk in Honey Pecan (I think) and it is quite light. I have found a balance that I believe works for me in colors.....some variety of red/auburn. I find that too blonde washes me out and too dark makes me look older (my personal opinion about myself, my hubby doesn't think so but I am having a hard time growing older gracefully!)
    My bio hair is dark brown with dark auburn tones. Or at least it used to be, now it is salt/pepper, mostly salt.
    I just saw Ryan by Estetica with new eyes...kind of cute but I am wondering if I have the huzepa ( I don't know how to spell it or if it is a real word or not!) to wear it in public.
  • Tav
    I don't have this site figured out. I get some of my messages blocked, so it gets frustrating. I'm not saying anything bad, but maybe my references to other sites draws their ire. We need knowledge to make informed decisions when purchasing wigs. I share what I've learned when the site allows me.

I have Sweet Talk in Honey Pecan, too along with Sugared Nickel. Gray (or is it grey) hair doesn't seem to bother me as much when there are dark roots.

I think the word you're looking for is chutzpa. I do not get these languages that ignore legitimate consonants. I'm not going to go down that rabbit hole because I could spend all day there. I've given Ryan the eye myself, but I shy away from shorter wigs. Fresh Chic is my shortest wig. She's got to be washed because taming the Flying Nun curls ended up in a hair cloud on one side.

What did y'all think about the Starly by ToB shown on Wig Talk last week? I have a growing infatuation with that one. The colors are immense and mind boggling with that brand. I'm sure anyone could find a color that works for them. I have one in Isla and one in Dylan with another on the way.

It's getting crowded in my collection, so I'm thinking about my very own Taz's wig closet.

Have a good day everyone!
  • linda
    You are right on!
    It seems random. I've mentioned Patti's Pearls and Cysterwigs and more:)
    No one appreciates being censored.
    L
  • linda
    Thank you!
    L
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.