• Ann S
    Hi. I decided to go short and I've made sure it fits well. But it wants to slide up and I'm always pulling it down. Would like to know what others do.
    Thanks!
  • animallover
    I don't really have any good advice for you but I have both short and long wigs and I prefer the shorter ones. When I put a short wig on, at first I do have to keep tugging it down but I find that after a while I don't need to do that so much. Maybe it forms to my head?!? IDK. Sorry I'm not much help. Have you googled the Wig Talk Wednesday ladies videos? They might have a topic on that.
  • Tav
    Hi ! It sounds like the wig is too small. Have you let the bands out on the back of the wig? You could consider going with a larger cap, but the choices become limited. Certain brands run smaller as well. I stick with brands that run average or a little bit bigger. I also have 3 large caps which give me no trouble. I'm right under 23 inches on my head circumference. Measure your head. Wigs.com has helpful tutorials for you.
  • Ann S
    Thank you. I think it fits just fine, maybe it's my head!
  • Tav
    If you don't think the wig is too tight, you may benefit from a wig grip. They keep my wigs from going anywhere without permission.
  • Elizabeth Wigs com Team
    Hi Ann, I'd love to give you a few tips on how to get the most comfortable fit if you are having trouble with your new piece.

I have a few questions, what is the name of the wig? Have you tried adjusting the ear tabs? Are you using a wig cap? If so, nylon or mesh?
  • Ann S
    Hairdo, Fringe Bob I've never in 15 years used any wig cap. Yes have tightened the ear tabs.
    Thanks!
  • animallover
    Hmmmmm....I have 3 Hairdo Textured Fringed Bob's and don't seem to have that trouble. In fact, it is the wig that fits me best of all my short wigs. Weird.
  • CJK
    You may have a flat occipital bone.
  • Misty
    Following this as I wear long wigs, and still have the same problem! I have tried silicone strips at the nape, which helps a little. I've tried a wig grip, which strangely worked really well the first day, and not so great afterwards. I also find the wig grip a little hot with the humidity we have here in summer. And, yes, I do have a flat occipital bone! :hearts:
  • CJK
    Flat occipital bone is the bane of my life! I have moved to the wig grip that has the elastic at the back (not velcro). I hook that under my ratty ponytail and that helps to anchor it. If my hair is particularly slippery, I will use the Revlon type pressure clips to anchor the wig grip down in the back.
  • Ann S
    ugh. This is really an issue, huh? I've tried that "stay" type roll ons, toupee tape, and noting seems to work. It fits just fine, that is not the problem. It's so embarrassing but one must check every so often to make sure the back of the wig isn't sitting on top of your head LOL
    Thanks everybody for your admissions..
  • Jnc
    I have the same problem. I finally bought a silicon headband and now it isn't a problem. It even holds the back down, which is where my wigs were really riding up. The band is about 1" and is kind of flat on the head side and little nubs on the other. Keeps my wigs much cleaner too. No glue or goo. :)
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.