• amymax318
    Hi all. I am starting a new job in 2 weeks. I’m a new wig wearer and I’m getting ready for Zoom calls. Do you all have a suggestion for a sister wig for Reese by Noriko? I’d like to have 2 to alternate that look familiarly similar. I’m wearing it in Ginger H in my profile photo. Thanks!
  • Elizabeth Wigs com Team
    Congrats on starting your new job! A few styles that are similar to Reese by Noriko are:

1. Dolce Wig by Noriko: https://www.wigs.com/products/dolce-short-wig-noriko
    2. Muse Wig by Raquel Welch: https://www.wigs.com/products/muse-lace-front-wig-raquel-welch

If you need guidance for color matching, please feel free to give us a call at 800-581-2001 (M-F 8:00 AM - 6:30 PM CST) Thank you!
  • amymax318
    Thanks Elizabeth! I have Dolce too. I wasn’t sure if I could pass it off as the same hair just being styled differently. I’m going to take a look at it again. Thank you!
  • Tav
    Welcome to the land of good hair days, ! I'm sorry I'm just now seeing this. I believe there are many brands trying to get in on the success of Noriko's Reese. Noriko is known for their caps running small.

A longer version of Reese with a good color selection. This brand isn't carried by many companies so I had to link from another company. I have 4 wigs by this brand and can attest that they're all comfortable and wear well. https://shopmimisdallas.com/karis/ (Careful here - no returns.)

Reese got a hair cut? https://www.wigs.com/collections/envy/products/delaney-short-lace-front-wig-envy
    Reese Junior. https://www.wigs.com/collections/estetica-wigs-hairpieces/products/monika-synthetic-wig-estetica
    Reese extra razored: https://www.wigs.com/collections/hairdo/products/sleek-and-chic-short-wig-hairdo
    Fluffy Reese: https://www.wigs.com/collections/tressallure/products/aria-synthetic-wig-tressallure
  • amymax318
    Hi Tav,

Thank you so much! Karis is pretty and looks like a good sister. I do worry about spending $300 and not being able to make an exchange.

It’s funny I have Dolce by Noriko in the average size and it fits fine. My Reese is a large and it almost feels too tight.

Thank you for taking the time to send all the links!

Amy
  • amymax318
    Thanks Tav and Penny!
  • amymax318
    Hi Tav. I got Karis and I love her! I agree—the fibers feel great! I really like the monofilament and lace. I’m feeling more comfortable on Zoom calls. I was initially worried people would notice if I switched wigs. Now I realize a subtle length or color change is probably not that noticeable. I think my hair looks slightly different depending on the Zoom background I’m using anyway.

Thanks for your help!
  • linda
    Hello Tav and all.
    Quick question about Wyatt, by Rene" of Paris. Has anyone here bought it? If so what do you think.
    I did see it on Wig Wednesdays and thought it to be super cute. Wondering if it is like Rae by RP.
    Appreciate all comments.
    L
  • Tav
    I'm so glad you like Karis! I almost bought her this past weekend. I had to use restraint and promise I'll be back around for the Easter sale.

I just looked at Wyatt on line. Has anyone else noticed how they photoshop the model's necks? She could almost be a giraffe. I had to look at the video to see what it looked like on an actual human. I agree, it's a cutie but I can't buy by what looks good on Misty or I'd need a bigger house. I normally judge by Kim and how wigs look on her. Poor Kim sitting next to a wig wizard that looks good in everything.

I never paid attention to Rae, it's koot (cute) as Misty would say. I ignored it because of the white wig shown with an unrealistic part. It looks better in colors. I hope that helped some.

I've gone off down the Tony of Beverly path due to the massive amount of color choices. I'm looking at Karis, Tasha and Starly as possible come to mama wigs. Macie has me drooling, but I don't think she'd look good on me. Honestly, that many color choices is spoiling me.
  • linda
    Thanks Tav.
    Really right on about Misty. Like Taz she looks good in everything. Thanks for the tip there. Sometimes I need to step away from the videos and back in to reality when it comes to wig purchases:)
    Regarding Rae I ruffle the part and send in the opposite direction. Takes care of the helmet head look.
    Im gonna check out those TB wigs.
    BTW, I am liking the Wig Wednesday ladies. They are real...fun too.
    L
  • KB7707
    Does anybody have a problem with what I would call”kick out” in the back at the nape of Reese. Mine doesn’t stay laying on my neck so I feel like when I bow my head or after wearing for awhile it doesn’t stay flat so I think people know it’s a wig.
  • Tav
    Try using a wig grip . It has a gentle velcro like quality and has to go the right direction in order to hold it on your head and keep the wig from slipping or moving (unless it's too loose).
  • Tav
    I was in the hospital earlier this year and ran my data to the limit watching the Wig Chicks. It was as close to normal as I could get. The first time I saw them, I clicked off because I didn't get what was going on with 2 women sitting at a table talking. Of course, I came back and have learned so much from Kim and laughed with Misty. It's not right for her to look so danged good in nearly every wig!
  • linda
    Yea, me too. Think I told you, they just need to get on it and Show me the wigs, right.
    Are you still liking your Fresh Chic? I like mine, but I feel like the Flying Nun sometimes. With a little more hair around the nape that probably wouldn’t be a problem.
  • KB7707
    I do wear a wig grip, I probably didn’t describe my problem correctly. My wig doesn’t move it the hair that sticks out. It’s really hard to explain but the hair doesn’t lay flat against my neck. When they are new they lay perfectly but the more wear they get they less flat they lay. I have alopecia so I wear my wigs every day all day!
  • Elizabeth Wigs com Team
    Hello! Thank you for your comment. There are a few questions I have for you! It sounds like the hair on the wig starts sticking up, especially where the nape is, correct?

Do you mind posting or sending a picture of the wig and what it's doing when you put it on, please? Another option is that you can give us a call at 800-581-2001 and set up a Virtual Consultation with our Wig Experts to assist you better! :smile:
  • Tav
    The sides on my first FC were sticking out and my brother laughed at me. I think he called me the flying nun. Taz has a video about using thinning shears to lessen the density in a wig. I think the density around the ears is to blame for the sticking out. It shouldn't be over done, but a little tweaking should help.

You might have cinched the wig too much in the back is all I can think of.
  • linda
    Ive trimmed a little on one side and it looked better. So I'll do a little more.
    Im a former hairdresser, but really have no experience with thinning shears. So I'll stick with the scissors and go from there.
    Thanks.
    L
  • KB7707
    10t0q7xngeusog79.jpeg
    4hfl52f2d05f7zcm.jpeg
    I added pictures of what I’m talking about. This is Reese by Noriko
  • Tav
    I see what you mean . Have you washed it yet? If not, there's some good stuff on Amazon for wigs. Sometimes that resolves issues. Here is a video that may help if washing doesn't.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKyynC05ZFs&t=15s
  • KB7707
    Yes, I’ve washed it several times. I’ve been wearing it since December. I use Jon Renau products on all my wigs.
  • Tav
    That's not normal for a wig. How do you store it? I can't say that's an issue, but a shot in the dark. Amazon has plastic wig stands https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0793PSN8Y/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and then there's always styling cream.
  • KB7707
    It may just be me, but I had this problem with my Cameron by Rene of Paris that I’ve worn for years. I’m 58 and I’ve been wearing wigs since I was 23. It just seems like the Reese does it really bad!! I love both styles but it just make me a little self conscious. I’m not a long wig person, I like the shorter styles but don’t know what to do that particular issue.
  • KB7707
    That what color I have Maple Sugar-R. I love the rooted! I’ve been wearing this color for years! I get a lot of compliments on the color and style.
  • animallover
    That's what I was thinking the color was when I saw your pics. Very pretty color on you. I tried Reese once in Choc Frost but it was too dark on me. It was a pretty color though and I did like the style, it was one of the first wigs I ordered and seemed like too much hair for me at the time but now that I have been wearing wigs for almost 3 years I am used to having full hair again!
  • KB7707
    I was the same way. It always looked like too much hair in the pictures. But they talked me into trying it because I was tired of Cameron and I love it!
  • animallover
    Well than, I will definitely give it another try in Maple Sugar R! It doesn't seem too dark and it is warm.
  • linda
    I have two Reese's and loved them. But mine are very short in the nape.
    It almost looks like Cameron, by RP.
    Have you tried contacting the Company where you purchased it??
  • KB7707
    I don’t have Facebook either!! I’m old school I guess just never had the urge for it.
  • Tav
    I was talked into it and regretted it within an hour of joining. Closing my account was like filing my taxes. It was insanely drawn out and not worth it.
  • animallover
    I ordered Reese....in Maple Sugar R...fingers crossed it works for me. I believe I need a warm color, hoping this is it. :smile:
  • KB7707
    You’ll love the color. The style, you’ll have to play with.... let me know how you like it!!!!
  • linda
    I googled that color. It’s really pretty. Is it considered a warm color? Reddish highlights, right.
    I know you’ll love the Reese. But let us know.
    Good luck and have fun.
  • Tav
    WOOO! !!!! A new wig is always exciting. I think they had a Maple Sugar R on Wig Talk recently. It was calling my name. I have two Reese's in darker colors and they are both lovely. Let us know how you like it.
  • animallover
    I got Reese today......I love the color,(Maple Sugar R) it is beautiful, not too dark, not too light, a nice blend of colors. I love the style too. It is thick on the top/sides but now that I have been wearing wigs for a few years it doesn't strike me as too much, just like someone who has naturally thick hair. The fibers are wonderful and very soft. I can see myself ordering Reese in a variety of colors! I hope it is not too hot in the summer....
    I also got texturizing/shaping cream to help tame the bangs, which right now kind of fall in my eyes. BUT I won't even try to cut the bangs, I did that on Cameron by ROP, those bangs now stick out straight but hopefully the shaping cream will help! I've been wearing Cameron lately just to get used to the amount of hair so I wouldn't be shocked at Reese, but I think Cameron has more bulk/thickness than Reese.
  • Tav
    That's wonderful! I hope you enjoy your Reese. New wigs are like new boyfriends. Let's see if this one behaves better than the last.
  • linda
    Good to hear from you and that you like Reese.

Tav, just Hilarious, and so apropos!
    L
  • linda
    Hello everyone, so I bought the Reese in Chocolate Frost. The color is so wrong for me, plus "my" Reese is stick straight.
    I am just wanting color that is medium brown with highlights. The "frost" should have been a clue, right.
    O'well, back to the drawing board.
    L
  • animallover
    When I first started wearing wigs I ordered Reese in Choc Frost.....the color was beautiful but didn't look good me and at that time I found Reese too full. I found that color too dark for my skin. I am loving my new Reese now, so comfortable and lightweight! And I love the color Maple Sugar R. My Reese is straight but has great body and a little wave here and there. Sorry to hear your have to return it.
  • linda
    I know that the current Coffee Latte color by Rene of Paris is very different as compared to my toppers and wigs from a few years ago. Very little highlights and too dark. Especially around the face.
    It's interesting to me that you found Chocolate Frost too dark. Do you mean the blonde is a darker blonde??
    So I tried it on for my husband and he really likes it. However, he likes everything I wear. But he prefers the straighter styles than curly. Im the opposite.
    You are right it is a very comfortable wig, and the style is adorable. So who knows what the next hour will bring:)
    I'll keep you posted.
    L
  • linda
    Hi animallover,
    Gosh I just went online to view Chocolate Frost and I can now understand why you thought it was too dark. That color shown here is not the color I have.
    Mine looks like they put all the frost in the front, very interesting. Hmm, its like a box of chocolates, ya just never know what you're going to get.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.