• maroper
    I have worn toppers for about 8 month. I have purchased four of them. Although I like them, the clips are sometimes uncomfortable and my hair is definitely thinning more in the area that clips to my hair. I have found a color I really like and have been considering buying something else in that color. If you transitioned from Toppers to Wigs, which did you like best? I would love to hear your feedback. Is it difficult to get all of you hair underneath a wig? I just don't know what I should do. I definitely need one or the other because my hair is thinning in front and at crown? Also, I like to wear my hair tucked behind my ears. Can you do this with wigs?
  • Elizabeth Wigs com Team
    Hello Maroper,

When wearing a topper, the clips may cause further hair loss due to Tractional Alopecia, so when wearing one just be sure that it is healthy hair that you are clipping into. With the information you have provided, moving into a wig may be a good step to prevent further hair loss from the clips.

Every person will have a different opinion on which is better for them. We even have clients who will switch back and forth between the two options.

Getting your hair all under the wig isn't difficult at all. Many clients will even blend some of their own hair in with the wig itself. You can see how to put your hair up with the link provided below. You can also definitely wear the wig with the hair tucked behind your ears.

How To Prep Your Hair For Under A Wig:
    https://youtu.be/dM8lO244X5Y

We would recommend contacting one of our experts and setting up a virtual consultation! We feel this would be helpful for you in seeing styles in the color you like, as well as answering any further questions you may have. If you would like to set up an appointment for a virtual one-on-one consultation please let us know! We would be happy to walk you through measuring, selecting suitable toppers or wigs for you, and answering any questions may have.

To speak to us directly, please call toll-free 1-800-581-2001 (outside the U.S., please call 1-214-443-4848). Licensed cosmetologists are available to take your call Monday through Friday, 8:00AM to 6:30PM CST.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.