• kaileeren
    Is there a trick to making these wigs last more than a month? Is it just me because I don’t see many complaints about how these expensive wigs look ratty after a month or so. After throwing out thousands of dollars in ratty looking wigs I stopped buying them for over a year. I recently came back and I purchased pretty please by RW. Omg how I love that wig. After 4 wears, it’s looking bad. I’m having a difficult time understanding how these manufacturers cannot come up with something to make these wigs look good for longer periods of time. Maybe it is just me. I’m going back to wig hiatus.
  • PhyllisB
    Are they long wigs? I have heard that longer haired wigs don't last as long. All of mine are short (I have four that I rotate) and the oldest is Tab by Ellen Wille and it's three years old. The only reason I just bought a replacement for it is because the elastic is all stretched out and the Velcro at the back will no longer stick. But with that being said, being retired I also don't wear them every day and wash them about once a month.
  • Tav
    RW uses HD fibers which are higher maintenance than regular fibers. I have maybe 5 RW wigs, but don't wear them often. I have other brands with regular fibers that are much easier to maintain.
  • kaileeren
    Thanks guys for your comments. My wigs are shoulder length and I truly do not wear them often as I’m retired as well. If I wore them daily I think I’d only get a good week out of them. Yes the HD fibers are harder to maintain. They claim to be heat friendly but I wouldn’t dare. For the money they charge one would think they’d come up with a way to make them last longer.
  • alicexm
    I have several Envy wigs with HD/HH blend, making them more labor intensive. I find steaming the ends after washing removes the frizz, then when they dry I use my curling iron on low to restore the style. May be more than for my other synthetics, but my Envy wigs are going on three years old.
  • goldcapp
    Maybe the trick is to have several wigs that you can change into, so that you are not using the same wig every day. I find that wigs do have to be handled with care when shampooing so that you do not stretch the cap. Also, it is important to use the spray-in conditioner. I like Ellen Wille wigs because I am petite, and they look very natural. The new Jon Renau wigs also have great synthetic hair quality as well as Eva Gabor's Flexlite line. I have wigs that are four years old.
  • Elizabeth Wigs com Team
    Well, don't go back to that hiatus just yet! When ordering Synthetic and Heat-Friendly synthetic pieces there are tricks that you can apply to your everyday or once-a-week cleansing routine that will help elongate the life of your piece.

We recommend washing your piece with BOTH Shampoo and Leave-in Conditioner every 6-8 wears as this will supply the piece with needed moisture. Remember not to soak your piece but wash it under running cool or room temperature water.

We would also suggest getting a bottle of our New Smooth Detangler by BeautiMark as this will help with the tangling and frizzing that happens in the nape area and renew, repair, and prolong the life of your piece. You will spray this onto the hair at the nape of the piece before putting your piece on.

Also, Pretty Please by Raquel Welch is a heat-friendly fiber. So don't be afraid to use your straightening iron to straighten out that frizziness. We would recommend not going over 325 degrees and make sure you are using a temperature-controlled heating tool.

And lastly, call us with any questions you may have. Please know that no question is too big or too small for us to answer. We know that these pieces are an investment, and we would love to see your investment work for you to its fullest extent. You can call us anytime Monday - Friday, 8:00 am to 6:30 pm CST. Call TOLL-FREE 1-800-581-2001
  • kaileeren
    Hi all. Thanks so much for your comments and suggestions. Trust me I baby my wigs and treat them with extreme care. I do not wear them daily or weekly. I’ve only worn Rachel Welch 4 times in the 3 months I’ve had her. I love it so much I only wear it on special occasions because I want it to last as long as possible . It started looking kinda bad the 4th time I wore it so I simply put it with all the others in the “another one bites the dust” pile. Maybe I just expect too much. But I will take all your suggestions and try again. I’ll let you know what happens. Thanks again.
  • btrflygal7
    I wear a lot of shorter styles, mostly bobs and trade off a lot so have had a lot of them for up to 3 years, HD and regular synthetic and they still look good.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.