• animallover
    Does anyone have Kate by Noriko? I have been wearing Reese (which I like a lot) and Jett (on the real hot days, like her too) but I get bored easy with hair so am looking at Kate, she is a lot like Reese so not many would know the difference. I wear Jett away from people who see me in Reese. I saw Kate on Misty of Mimi's in Dallas and it was so cute. Of course, everything looks great on her!
  • Tav
    I had to go back and watch the video. You could absolutely get away with Kate, but it would look like you'd trimmed your hair in back from Reese. It's adorable, so I don't blame you one bit for wanting it.

I've been foaming at the mouth over the Jon Renau lite wigs. I got Cameron in Salted Caramel today. I can't wait to wear her.
  • animallover
    I saw the Cameron in Salted Caramel in the lite line, very realistic looking, so much less dense and I love the color Salted Caramel from what I can tell. It looks like the Noriko Bronze color I have, which I love Are you getting the ear to ear lace? I can't wait to hear what you think of her!

When no sale is going on I make up my mind what I am going to get when a sale comes......than the sale comes and I can't decide what I want.....Kate by Noriko? Ryan by Estetica? Another Jett? Another Reese? Or something totally different like January by JR?? I think there is something wrong with me!!!!??? :gasp:
  • Tav
    Something is very right with you. It's wise to use the down time (no sales) to decide what to purchase when the time comes.

I've been torn between Cameron and Julienne. Straight or curly? I decided to go straight and then which color? I chose a different color, but was intrigued by Salted Caramel. I don't buy just because it looks like a million bucks on Misty any more. I'd be broke. The color I chose was on back order and not going to be available until October. I emailed them back, Kim called me, I found Salted Caramel was available so I bit. The color doesn't look as red to me as it did on YouTube. I'm very pleased with it.

The fit? Think comfy pajamas for your head. It fits my 22 and 7/8ths sized head like a champ. The ear to ear lace is legit. I can't wait to take her for a spin around town. I'm also looking forward to more styles with the Lite cap. The one down side is the ear tabs don't come down far enough for my side burns. However, that's the case with most wigs. I trim them back regularly.

A quick confession, I found Julienne Lite in Shaded Peach on clearance at one retailer and got her. She's definitely in the red family. I'm not sure what to do with the curls yet. I will figure it out though. The cap construction is just wonderful.
  • linda
    Animallover, I am sorry I haven't replied sooner. Been on a little vaca:)
    Kate is really cute. And Tav is correct it looks like you trimmed your hair.
    While I was scrolling thru Noriko's site looking for Kate I found Nori. Really cute!
    Have you noticed her:)
    The JR color Salted Caramel is gorgeous. Do you have an idea what color might be close to it in a Noriko??
    Linda
  • animallover
    I like both straight and curly wigs! My bio hair is natural curly so I tend to have both styles of wigs but have a little more straight .....just because!

Hope you had a good vaca! Kate is cute.....on MIsty, it is hard to go by how it will look on someone other than her! I will look at Nori....
    I heard on wigtalk that the bronze color by Noriko (which I have and I adore) is very close to Salted Caramel by JR.
  • linda
    Thanks for the info on the colors.
    Funny, my bio hair is straight, but always wore it long and curly well into my 60's. Then cancer.
    I was fortunate and didn't have chemo, but it still thinned due to the drugs and radiation, stress, blah-blah-blah.
    SO Im loving the curls. However, like you, I have both straight and curly. Interesting, to me, anyhow, is that I get more compliments when I wear the straight pieces than the curly ones. Ha, when I wear Charlotte the compliments just keep on comin'. Still I feel more "me" in curls.
    Tav mentioned the "JR Lite wigs" and how much she likes them. Think I may check them out. What about you?
    Take care.
    L
  • linda
    Animallover and et'al,

You have mentioned several times using "dry shampoo's."
    Please share your favorite's? Plus how does it affect the fiber of the wig? In addition, to making the wig less shiny, how does it impact the fiber?
    I sincerely appreciate the input.
    L
  • Tav
    Kim and Misty prefer the Jon Renau dry shampoo. Kim explained it as saying the particles were finer which didn't clump. It's one of the first thing they do to their wigs. I have no idea about impact on the fiber though.
  • linda
    Tav, thanks for the reply. Good info.
    It seems to me that there is a thought that “shiny” hair says “wig.”
    As a former hairdresser shiny hair meant healthy hair.
    Im not a big fan of using a lotta product, because it, to me, makes my hair feel ruff:)
    For my Gabor wigs I wash once after I get it. And that seems to calm it down, and looks more natural. Still a little shiny, but good to go.
    What about you and dry shampoo?
  • Tav
    Hey Linda! The reason I couldn't give personal experience is because I like the shiny hair. I tried to get my bio hair shiny through oils. I don't like products in my wigs any more than I liked them in my hair. They change the texture of the hair and my hair rebels in spite of the strength of the product used. Part of why I enjoy wigs so much.
  • linda
    Yes!!
    Me Too!
  • animallover
    Linda, I get more compliments on my straight wigs than my curly ones too, and I, also, feel more like myself in curly wigs because my bio hair is wavy/curly.... I wear straight more often because I always wanted straight hair but I so miss my bio curly hair now!
    I like the JR lite wigs but way too much $$$ for me so spend on something that may or may not last too long! I use dry shampoo I buy at Walmart when or if I need it. I don't like what it does to the fibers either, makes them feel dry and stiff and dirty, I think. I don't mind a little shine but too much shine I think looks unnatural, at least to me......I had healthy hair most of my life but it wasn't overly shiny.
  • linda
    Ha, are we ever satisfied...not:)
    Good to hear from you.
    L
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.