• Katooshie
    My mother had a friend who always looked great. That lady was always perfectly dressed, fully made up, and not a hair out of place. One time a cashier in a store asked my mother, "Is she an old movie star or something?" Mother's friend stayed overnight at our house once and my brother was amazed when she appeared at breakfast: perfectly dressed, fully made up, not a hair out of place. He asked my mother "Why doesn't your hair look that good in the morning?" Mother laughed and replied, "Alex, that is a WIG!" He didn't believe her. So that night he peeked in her room after she went to bed and yep...there sat her hair on a wig stand by the bed!
  • Lori
    That’s a definite plus with wigs. Always look good. Love it!
  • Lynn
    I love that story too, The innocence and curiosity of a little boy.
  • Wigmate
    Lol, and that’s exactly why after I recovered from my surgery and Chemo that I set out to invent a better way to store your wig while not wearing it!
    Please check it out! Here
  • Vee1028
    welcome to the forum and congratulations on your recovery!
  • Moonlitnight
    Welcome, Wigmate. I second Vee's congrats there and the device looks brilliant. My wig keeps falling off the shower head.
  • Erica
    Hey Wigmate, your wig storage system is super nice! In fact, since this is a wigs.com owned forum, I added a clickable link to where we have it in our shop :) Hope that helps!
  • Moonlitnight
    Lol! I have never seen it there. Such a good idea.
  • Sunset
    That is a cute story. We are really lucky there are wigs, & much nicer ones today. I wish I had started wearing one years ago instead of fussing & worrying about my wispy, baby fine hair. I used to have to plan hours ahead before going to a special event to try to get my bio hair to look half way decent. Now my only concern is what wig or hairpiece should I wear. I love how in two minutes I can have beautiful hair now. I don't have to worry about waiting for my bio hair to dry, because I can completely cover it up now. My bio hair looks the best COVERED UP!!
  • Erzsike
    Welcome Wigmate! I loved your story and wishing you continued recovery in all ways.
  • goldcapp
    Loved the story! Since the new wigs are so natural looking, it is wonderfully difficult to point them out. I am often complimented on my hair and often wonder whether I should confess! My own hair was always baby fine and sparse (family trait), and I am sorry that I resorted to extensions because they did a lot of damage. I should have found wigs sooner!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.