• RevDeb
    In four weeks, I am going to a ballroom dance competition. I will need to get a wig for my Smooth gown and one for my Latin/Rhythm gown. While I have been to competition before, it’s been three years and the wigs I wore then were not good (and we are not repeating them!) Here are two pictures of my Latin/Rhythm gown. The wig was donated—not my color and not a good style! The middle picture shows how I want my hair for my Smooth gown to look. Any advice or suggestions would be welcome!fvcb4k3bqyhqn62f.jpeg
    0e8fp651yed2cqnn.jpeg
    6n4jk2qwr7ymaw6v.jpeg
  • Katooshie
    you look SO beautiful! Have fun and WIN! :)
  • Moonlitnight
    I am clueless as to how to make the hair look like that Here's Roxy again: LOVE that gown...so pretty :love:

https://www.wigs.com/blogs/news/date-night-hair-with-wigs
  • Lynn
    I’m with you on this one Moon, it’s Roxy to the rescue, a trip to the hairdresser with a long wig or something custom made. Good luck with your hairstyle and the competition :smile:
  • Lynn
    Hey I have an idea for a new TV show.....”Dancing with the Wigs”!!

Ok maybe not :meh:
  • Vee1028
    ] I really think that style in the middle picture could be easily achieved by a good hairdresser with a mid length wig and a few extensions. For the other look are you wanting something wavy and mid length or more formal?
  • Katooshie
    i think all those dancing with the stars wear faux hair...so really it should be called dancing with the stars and faux hair! :)
  • Lynn
    You are so right. You know they put that hair in to stay!
  • Katooshie
    i wonder if they glue it to the dancers heads?
  • Lynn
    probably have to lol
  • Deleted User
    This user has been deleted and all their posts removed.
  • Vee1028
    I was looking at a wig called The New Romantic and I think it might look very elegant with that blue dress. Easier than an up do too
  • Diane
    You can achieve the look by weaving braid extensions into a longer wig and then style into a low bun. The easiest way to do it yourself is on a styro head form so you have full dexterity, or take all of the pieces and your photo to a stylist and they can pull it all together for you.
  • RevDeb
    Thank you all for your replies and interest! I have an appointment at Bravada in Dallas on May 5th! We will see what they can do for me. I’ll be sure to post pictures! Meanwhile, I’ll look up about those suggestions you made!
  • dress4dance
    Beautiful! Looking forward to seeing more!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.