• Dogmom
    Hi,
    Like so many women, I lost my hair back in 1995 when hypothyroidism went untreated for a long time. The result was secondary alopecia. To me, it was really no big deal, I thought it's only hair and I already was familiar with the world of wigs. After I graduated high school I thought I would study cosmetology and stage and print makeup at the Wilfred Beauty Academy in New York. Back then, wigs were nothing like they are today, we have come a long way and back then really only celebrities wore wigs and hairpieces for stage and screen.
    I thought to myself, why shouldn't every woman have the luxury to be beautiful inside and out. Celebrities are no different than us. At first, I was a bit uneasy about telling men I dated I wore wigs because sometimes I would get weird looks. LOL
    Now, I could care less, I'm a nationally known author and I have to be on television occasionally and must look my best, like many of you, you must put your best foot and hair forward!

I have been a Wigs.com customer for a very long time and I consider them family. They truly are a savior for every woman that needs to wear wigs. One of my all-time favorite designers is Jon Renau. I wear Alessandra in 32F and absolutely love their wigs. I hope someday to meet the designers and thank them for being there for so many women and designing the most beautiful wigs.

Today, I'm actually happy I lost my hair, it has opened a brand new door for me and I never have a bad hair day and my husband loves me with or without hair.

My advice to all women who must wear wigs... Always let your beauty shine on the outside. There is no excuse to look fabulous because when you look fabulous... you feel fabulous.

Shine On!

Patrice Marotta

pcmarotta.com
  • AllieCat
    Patrice.. thank you for sharing. Your story is both beautiful and inspiring. Please continue to share and I look forward to seeing more posts from you!!! *Much Love*
  • Amber
    Loved reading your story Patrice!! Thank you so much for sharing!
  • Lori
    I loved reading your story too and you're right...Wigs.com is like family and this forum is such a great idea for us beautiful ladies to inspire each other. It would be so great to meet the designers!
  • Deleted User
    This user has been deleted and all their posts removed.
  • Lori
    Thanks, Alex! You do a great job...we appreciate it!
  • Deleted User
  • Katooshie
    I totally agree with you! We don't have to be celebrities to look our best every day. We are the STARS in the production of our own lives. Why schlep around looking like a hag when you can add to the beauty of your own movie set in a fabulous wig or hairpiece?? To me, it's just bad manners to go out (or even stay in) looking anything but your best. Even when I went to the hospital for tests I took my hair and makeup with me. Good thing I did! There were so many great looking doctors and nurses in that hospital it was like I stepped into my own episode of Grey's Anatomy! My personal motto is ALYB (always look your best!) :) Love you guys!
  • Katooshie
    PS: Your website is FABULOUS. Do you do the illustrations for your books? "Peonies For Pea" looks really enchanting. I collect peonies in my garden. I probably have about 40 or 50 varieties. Love your collection of photos too. It looks like you have an amazing life! Just seeing your website made me feel happy! And you look GORGEOUS! :) Katooshie
  • Dogmom
    Hi and thank you so much for all the nice compliments. If you call an amazing life being with my dogs and husband, then yes! Writing books is very very hard and unappreciated and it cannot pay the bills. I love it tho. Each one of the dogs is a real dog and the books are educational for children, teaching them about life. No Peonies For Pea is about saving the environment in a very cute story. Peonies are my favorite flower. Thank you again so much and as I will tell all you ladies, a very well done makeup application can make anyone look amazing. It just takes practice and time. Most days I wear no makeup at all. We are all in this together and life is very short, live it up and rock your look. We are all beautiful.
  • Moonlitnight
    "Why schlep around looking like a hag" :rofl: Oh dear, caught my funnybone. You are so right.
  • Katooshie
    you eould be GREAT doing makeup and faux hair tutorials on your youtube channel!! Pretty please give us some makeup pointers? You are so gorgeous!
  • Katooshie
    this is a no schlepping zone! Lol
  • Moonlitnight
    Yes indeed. Good morning over there on the mainland!
  • Katooshie
    good morning my sister! Waving at you and our friend in Japan this morning! Hows the weather? Sun is trying to come out here! Yay!!
  • Moonlitnight
    Same here! I am waterfront so looking out over the Stuart Channel at Thetis and Penekalut and waaay beyond to Vancouver. Two otters are bobbing around and a seal. Our friend in Japan rocks that Spotlight Elite like no other.
  • Cathe Lartigue
    Patrice! You hit the nail on the head! And we should all be our own celebrities and celebrate the fact that we can change our hair anytime we want! This born and bred New Yawka thinks you're gawjous!!!!!
  • Katooshie
    Thetis Lake? Watch out for the Thetis Lake Monster! I've hike around that lake and camped there a few times...but never saw the monster!
  • Deleted User
  • Katooshie
    ABSOLUTELY! We are the star of our own life production!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.