• KellyA
    When is super thinning hair enough to go wigs full time? And once you do, why keep any bio hair? You know what stops me? If it was like mad max or walking dead end of the world, no wig would really hold up for long...haha
  • Deleted User
    This user has been deleted and all their posts removed.
  • Katooshie
    I agree with Alex. Even when I transition to wigs, I will keep as much bio hair as I can. I've seen lots of videos of incorporating the bio hair in with the faux hair to make it look even better!
  • Lynn
    As far as when’s the right time to wear a wig full time, that’s pretty much up to the individual and there’s ups and downs to keeping any or all the bio hair you have I choose to buzz mine down it’s so much easier to maintain and I’m not worrying is any of it sticking out from underneath my wig but that’s also personal preference, good luck with whatever you deside your sisters here will have your back.
  • Moonlitnight
    This is a great thread. I decided to wear just my bio hair today and I did not like how the lack of fullness on top made my jaw look larger. It's interesting how the fullness of a wig can "change" the shape of the face, giving more emphasis to upper part of the head. I do want to keep my bio hair as I like to see something when I take my wig off, even though the flattened hair makes me look close to bald. (I now spray it with water and quickly blow dry it before bed.) Looking forward to seeing if the topper works!
  • Cathe Lartigue
    I kept my bio hair even though I wear wigs full-time. Here's why. I swim in the summer. And I dig a messy bun during summer months. With my bio hair, I can incorporate it into a longer topper, gather both hairs up and wear a messy bun. I also like to pull out some of my bio hair when wearing darker wigs to make the hairline look very natural. Lastly, my bio hair kind of acts as a base to keep my wig on. It's such a subjective and personal thing and everyone does whats the most pragmatic choice that works for them:)
  • Deleted User
  • Moonlitnight

"...gather both hairs up and wear a messy bun." Both hairs? :rofl:
  • Deleted User
  • Moonlitnight
    Too funny. I missed that part when I read it the first time.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.