• Dogmom
    Hi Ladies and Happy Easter and Passover!

I wanted just to address the "transformation" that we all go through men and women as time marches on. It's no secret that our bodies change and with that change either you can run away from it or take it on full force and say... bring it on!

Makeup and wearable hair is that transformation and who doesn't like to look awesome, awe-inspiring, fabulous and stunning!? We all do.... well, most people do. But some just need a bit of encouragement to get started. Remember, it all starts with a foundation, not makeup foundation, but your face, that's the foundation like building a house, you start building on a foundation and work your way to fabulous!

Granted, not everyone has the time in the mornings to put on a full face of makeup, I get it, it takes time even when you've been doing it for years that way, it still takes time. It's all about layering and contouring and when you have to be out of the house in 15, well... you know how that goes. But fear not... it doesn't have to be, just throw on the mascara and run routine. No way! You can still get the "OMG" look with just a few techniques.

Same with our hair, wearing hair for the first time can truly seem daunting to many. How do I wash it? How do I style it? All valid questions and they come with easy answers.

Not to get to scientific but way back when I was working with wigs many of the synthetic material used was called Kanekalon fibers. This synthetic fiber is composed of vinyl chloride. This synthetic fiber is composed of polyethylene terephthalate. This fiber is mainly composed of collagen protein as a raw material. Kanekalon is an inherently flame retardant product in which the fiber resin itself contains the flame retardant ingredient. Now I have no idea since I've been out of the loop for many years if they still use these fibers in the manufacturing of synthetic wigs. But make no mistake, they can melt!!!!

Many a time I've been camping and singed my bangs and too close to the oven and well you can imagine ... the same thing. It's very easy to care for and style synthetic wigs, especially with all the products they have today. I will write more on all these topics to help anyone out who has any questions regarding wearable hair and makeup.

Till then... Be Stunning!
  • Missmgmnt
    As far as makeup goes, fillers and botox have been a Godsend for me! It got to the point where the makeup was just accentuating the wrinkles, especially under the eyes. So depressing! :sad: Every picture I took required filter work or I'd look like I hadn't slept in a month. LOL - but after fillers and botox, my makeup looks smooth and my wrinkles are far less noticeable. It took like 5 years off my face, no joke. And it gave my confidence a much needed boost! :smile: Add in my wigs and I just feel beautiful!!!
  • Dogmom
    That's wonderful, I'm so happy for you. I have not had any cosmetic surgery done, yet, but I do believe in keeping things looking great as we get older. I do get Skin Pen done once a year and facials every month.
  • KellyA
    I've tried botox before. It's ok. It doesn't last very long for the money. I do use high end makeup and avoid the sun like crazy.
  • Paige
    I use very high SPF sunscreen DAILY. I don't necessarily *avoid* the sun, though.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.