• amyonwigs
    I am almost 54 years old, and I've always been told that older women shouldn't have long hair. So, I never grew my hair very long nor have I purchased a long wig. However last night, a wig sister let me try on all of her long wigs, and GIRL, it was SO AWESOME! Let me know your thoughts below on whether or not you think "older" ladies can rock the long hair. :wink:

Blake by Jon Renau:
    8ktfmwdbt44l86c5.jpg
    Zara by Jon Renau:
    5kmffyeopj9ryxnn.jpg
    Zara by Jon Renau:
    81wc3m0lappmdke5.jpg
    Longing for Long by Raquel Welch:
    3e7uk5kl5aougjns.jpg
    Haute by Jon Renau:
    yahe9z3st65eljg1.jpg
    Mizzy by FreeTress:
    d09due6eynzeo8vl.jpg
    (not sure of the style, but this one is also by FreeTress:
    ycg1qtz0hgx3ulyb.jpg
  • dc21
    Yes, you can go long! Blake and Zara, followed by Longing for Long, have my vote!
  • Deleted User
    This user has been deleted and all their posts removed.
  • Katooshie
    You look beautiful and youthful in long styles
    Definitely older women and men can look great in long hair!
  • Deleted User
  • buckeyegal1963
    I agree, older women can most definitely wear longer hair, you look terrific in them Amy! I haven't pulled the trigger yet on a longer than mid length style only because (1) I've heard that there are tangling issues and (2) warm weather is finally here and with summer looming I worry about sweating under it. Perhaps when fall/winter arrives I will take the plunge, I've been eyeing some, they are so pretty.
  • Moonlitnight
    The answer is, OF COURSE! You look fabulous in those. I love Blake and Zara. xo
  • Ann41m
    Amy, you look amazing in long hair. Zara is beautiful on you, it looks so natural.
  • BeatA
    @amyonwigs YES!!!
    This is what I’ve been saying ( well recently anyway). I am 56 and now that I am officially out of the wig closet, even at work I am having FUN!
    I went from fairly short bob styles to longer and I’m loving it. Also mixing it up with the colors.
    I’ll post some examples. 9vq2xjbw11uf6r5p.jpeg
    ahcgcuhmib30xzx5.jpeg
    4rd3isjzheohdr3n.jpeg
    ny3k7w85wica4xd0.jpeg
    rh0asa6b1zzl0j81.jpeg
    3esujfl3waop6u5c.png

Amy you look absolutely amazing. Now go and have some fun and play!!!
  • Katooshie
    you look great in everything. The longer styles are so pretty and youthful on you too!! The bottom long bob is awesome!!
  • PinkEvie
    I love having long hair, both Amy and BearA look amazing with long hair, especially the lighter colour.

I think we should wear what we like, what ever makes us smile.
  • Moonlitnight
    This makes me smile:

p3n2cm96rbxjw1zu.jpg

Milan topper by Noriko
  • Katooshie
    so pretty in pink! Love that style and colour on you!
  • buckeyegal1963
    I love the long bob on you, very youthful and you look so happy in it, are you wearing Elle? Elle is another JR piece on my wish list. the long lengths are very becoming on you, I envy your skintone, you look great in all the shades as well. Beautiful as always, very natural looking.
  • Katooshie
    I only wear my hair long. I would like to be able to wear short styles especially in hot summer weather...07lt1ok83prk9i48.jpg

but i sm 5'10" so short hair makes me look like a pin head!
  • BeatA
    no it’s Chelsea from Envy a 30/70 human hair synthetic blend. I had it cut a bit. I’ll post another thread with the customization because I did some waves in it now which also looks nice I think.
  • Moonlitnight
    Thank you Kat, and I love that pic of you and your hair among the pretty flowers! Like yoiu, I have difficulty with short. I see Nisha in short everything and she totally rocks it. I love her in Editor's Pick ("Editor's Peek") and Elizabeth.
  • Moonlitnight
    Beatrice, I have been looking at your pics and I have to say that you look much younger with the longer hair. Now, I have heard all this nonsense about long hair making women look older and they "should" cut it but you are proof positive of why they shouldn't necessarily do so. (So is Amy.) I think you absolutely rock the longer bobs and in the outside pic with the longest hair you look like a total stunner and someone I would admire in passing.
  • BeatA
    haha thanks. Keep the compliments coming. You are making my day! It stated with a migraine and now I’m feeling like a million bucks. I love my wig sisters! Muah!
  • Moonlitnight
    Migraine? I feel for you. I started my day with one as well. I get them 4 -5 times a week and have seen every neurologist in the land it seems. I am on zolmitriptan and codeine much of my life. Mysteriously, I will sometimes go a whole week without one, refuting the "It has to be rebound" theory. Right now, in allergy season, I can't even sleep for migraine. xo
  • Lynn
    I don’t know...post some pictures when your old :hearts:
  • Lynn
    There’s she is rockin that gorgeous longhair :smile:
  • BeatA
    I used to get them more often. I started taking magnesium 400 mg and Vitamine B2 400 Units every day it helped a lot. My neurologist recommended it. I also take tomamax for prophylaxis. Now I don’t get them nearly as often. I frequently get them on my day off and post call ( sleep deprivation is a definite trigger)
  • Deleted User
  • Katooshie
    Oh yes...Nisha in her Editors Peek! :) I think Nisha is quite petite judging by her fashion videos, so short hair looks amazing on her. Let's face it...everything looks good on Nisha! :)
  • Moonlitnight
    I take both supplements but no help. I thought of doing a preventive but Dr. Mauskop of the NY Headache Centre (my hero) says that daily therapeutic triptan therapy is perfectly safe, even in older women. I am looking forward to trying the new CRGP receptor antagonist injection, hopefully this year. You will get it in the US before us. It's a monoclonal antibody.
  • Vee1028
    You really do look stunning in those longer styles! Don't you hate that you waited so long to find out? Like me, you believed what you heard for all those years. Like dc21 I especially like you in Sara, Blake, and Longing for Long. You go, girl!
  • Vee1028
    You are proof positive that longer styles can make you look younger. I especially love the way you look in Code Mono. Hop e you're feeling better.
  • buckeyegal1963
    have you tried transdermal magnesium Moonlitnight? It's much more bioavailable since it doesn't have to through the digestive system. It has many health benefits, you can purchase online or make your own like I do. Combine equal parts of distilled water and either Himalayan or Dead Sea salt in a pot until salt is dissolved. Put in a spray bottle and spritz on your body, just avoid any areas that have cuts or scrapes, it will sting. I used to get leg cramps at night pretty frequently and it's helped immensely, I rarely get them now.
  • Vee1028
    You look amazing as always. No one would ever refer to you as an "older woman!" I would never know you were wearing a topper, either.
  • Moonlitnight
    Actually yes! I have rubbed the gel into the soles of my feet. It did nothing for my head but my feet were lovely and soft. I will try your method. Thank you xoxo
  • Moonlitnight
    Thank you, Vee! I shall walk out with a spring in my step. xo
  • buckeyegal1963
    Try spritzing some on your temples and back of neck. I've only had 3 migraines in my life thank goodness, they are the worst! Personally I hate pharmaceuticals and always try natural/holistic methods. I love essential oils, they have so many medicinal benefits, but have to be careful and do your research with them.
  • Moonlitnight
    I am fortunate in that when I have migraine attacks, I don't always get the severe head pain. Only 70% of migraineurs do. I am still completely incapacitated and nauseous but not in pain. I think a lot of people think a "migraine" is a bad headache but the headache is only a symptom of a migraine attack and not everyone experiences all symptoms. I will make up that spray and see if it penetrates enough to affect my physiology. Thank again for the recommendation.
  • BeatA
    have not heard of monoclonal antibody yet, but I am fairly well controlled right now. I’ll take my tryptan for break through and am glad it’s not any worse. I don’t know about Canada, but they do Botox here as well. The thought being that the migraines are triggered by muscle tension/ spasm. Side effects are... well I guess you might
    Look younger if they do facial muscles. Personally I wouldn’t want that constant look of surprise or lack of expression, but that’s just me. I would consider it for my occipital or neck muscles, but Botox is a toxin after all, so at this point I am just not desperate enough.
  • Moonlitnight
    Yes, it's up here too. Actually I used to work with the doc who invented the cosmetic version when she headed up the BC Ophthalmology Assoc. She was using it on a patient for strabismus and when the condition was corrected, the patient said she was pee'd off that she would lose her lovely serene appearance. That is when Jeannie, who was a pediatric ophthalmologist, started to experiment. I was one of the first to get it and haven't looked back since BUT my forehead looks rather flat and unnatural. I never even had wrinkles there but I have two "worry bumps" that make me look angry. Can you believe she and her derm hubby were not written into the contract with the manufacturer? Anyhow, I had it and it did absolutely nothing for my migraine attacks.
  • Katooshie
    I thought so! :) She's adorable!
  • Twinkle
    YES YES YES! I love the Zara especially on you!!!!
  • Cathe Lartigue
    Amy. You look fabulous in long hair. You rock long hair. And no woman is ever too old for long hair!!!ukvdsc3uehjz9rz4.jpg
  • Katooshie
    you look delicious in that rich chocolate brown! Love you in longer hair...ok...or shorter hair...heck all your styles inspire me!
  • Katooshie
    isnt she pretty in that??
  • Shar W
    OMG!!!! I love Blake, but Zara looks incredible on you. Just so beautiful.
  • Shar W
    Love all of your looks. The long style looks really beautiful on you.
  • Shar W
    Stunning. :heart:
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.