• Diane
    Lat summer I participated in a fashion show for the Ronald McDonald house. As I was waiting my turn to have my hair done we started talking about easi-hair. A number of the women were wearing extensions and ponytail add-ons. The stylist showed us a few tricks on how to incorporate the add-ons into your natural hair for some really spectacular designs. How many of you keep clips and extensions on hand for summer parties?
  • Katooshie
    Yes i buy ponytails and bun pieces for summer. I have enough hair to wear these. I've got a new pony coming with blue tips! Excited!!
  • PinkEvie
    Now my hair has started to grow and staying put, I have just bought a blonde clip in pony tail with pink tips on the bottom, I love wearing it.

Looking at the videos some of you have made, I have learnt so much and getting a bit braver with my hair styles.
  • Katooshie
    can you link to the blond ponytail with pink tips? Sounds lovely!! Post a pic of you with it if you are comfortable? Thanks!!
  • Moonlitnight
    I have bonded extensions and a rhinestone clip in extension. I sometimes wear that for the summer. I would love to put my hair up but my extensions are very low at the back as they show when higher due to the thinness of my hair. I have seen people put wigs up but have no idea how to do this myself. This is a great topic.
  • Diane
    Where did you find a rhinestone clip extension? I love sparkle!
  • Moonlitnight
    Hello Diane! Have we met before? I don't think so, so welcome, and excuse me if I am getting repetitive. My stylist get mine for me four years ago but here is one that looks similar: https://www.amazon.com/Rhinestone-Diamond-Extension-Crystal-Strands/dp/B01BZ7VTS8?th=1
  • Diane
    I do not think we have met - so thank you for the welcome. I will check out the link. Here are some simple instructions for creating an updo with your wig:

• Position the wig on your head and secure with a clip-on chin strap.
    • Lightly back-comb the top and sides of your wig using the teaser lifter comb.
    • With a stainless bristle wig brush, gently brush fluff the front of your wig to create soft tousled bangs. Smooth the hair just behind the bangs going towards the back.
    • Use your fingers to create curly wisps in the smoothed hair at the top area for added interest.
    • Brush and smooth the sides and crown towards the back center. Do not brush the sides too severely so you won’t expose the wig’s side hair lines.
    • With the pic end of the teaser lifter comb, lift to adjust the height of your style at the top and width at the sides. If you like, you can pull down thin wisps of hair to create tendrils at the sides of the wig using the pic end of the teaser lifter comb.
    • Pin both sides of the gathered hair equally at the back center of the wig.
    • Fluff loose pinned hair with a wig brush. Then, arrange the fluffed hair into soft curls with the brush.
    • Mist lightly with Wig Spray for a touchable, flexible hold.
    • A beautiful hair accessory will add more glamour to your party style.
  • Moonlitnight
    Thank you Diane. This is very helpful. I had never heard of a clip on chin strap. I will have a go with one of my wigs for sure. xo
  • Diane
    I actually do not see one at wigs.com . You can find it at competitor sites. Hopefully, someone will see this and add the product. It is very useful for styling your wig while you are wearing it.
  • Moonlitnight
    Alex, please see above comment! :)
  • Lynn
    I have seen the chin strap at the wig company.
  • Moonlitnight
    Thanks Lynn and happy Friday! (Although I know that, on a farm, there is never truly a Friday.) I will go check. xo
  • Lynn
    Happy Friday my dear friend I hope you are migraine free today xoxo
  • Moonlitnight
    Thank you Lynn. I am finding that taking an antihistamine is helping with the nighttime migraines.xo
  • Lynn
    I truly hope they continue to work for you, I have had a few migraines over the years I could not even imagine having them as often as you are. God bless you sweetie
  • Moonlitnight
    Thank you my friend xo
  • Deleted User
    This user has been deleted and all their posts removed.
  • Moonlitnight
    You're quick :hearts: Have a lovely weekend!
  • Diane
    Jon Renau has one. Hair u Wear used to, but I am not sure if they still supply that product.
  • Lynn
    lol oh yes everyday is a workday here just some are harder then others.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.