• HeatherE
    I found out toppers were a "thing" around xmas time. I had just gotten my hair cut, took some selfies to send to a girlfriend, and happened to take a photo that had just the right light and angle to show how bad the thinning had gotten. :yikes: While it was absolutely sickening to me to see at the time, it has brought me to this new place of scouring youtube videos, checking out different brands, trying new pieces, greater self-confidence, and the excitement of getting a new piece. It's been fun and really almost feels like a hobby at this point. Guys, my hair had brought me stress and self-consciousness and misery for over 15 years. What a feeling to be free from all that negativity. :heart:
  • Katooshie
    Absolutely wonderful hobby...so much more fun than collecting coins or stamps! Hehehe love my growing hair collection! Obsessed!!
  • Moonlitnight
    Heather, you speak the truth indeed! I had no idea how much more confident I would feel in my appearance. Still having a few little issues around the 'hood but I went out with friends a couple of nights ago and no one said anything. One friend actually asked me if I was wearing my wig and I said no. I was just about to add, "I'm wearing a topper" when she said, "Oh it's your own hair. I thought so." LOLOL.
  • Moonlitnight
    What do you mean, Kat??? :lol: Can't I do both?

k12tle78vi7ur7qg.jpg
  • Moonlitnight
    She wants to get a topper as she has extremely thin hair but she is not feeling or looking too well and is not really motivated at the moment. I am quite concerned about her. Yes, asking THE question when the server is hovering is also not a good idea!
  • Shar W
    I am with you. I tried for years to cover my thinning hair on the top. I did pretty good for awhile. But depending on light, wind, or any other situation I was very self conscious of it. My friends and family would say, "It's not as bad as you think." Really??? It's bad but not that bad? That would drive me nuts. But now I have thinning all over and it's frizzy. I am just done with it. I love wigs and toppers and it's my new hobby.
  • Katooshie
    Or people who rub pregnant women's bellies without asking permission! SO intrusive!!!
  • Moonlitnight
    That is just disgusting. It's as if your body isn't yours because there's a little person inside there.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.