• BeatA
    Ok help me out. I need to send one of them back. I just received Beach Mono today. Soft and Subtle a couple of weeks ago. Which one do I keep? The price difference is about 80 bucks. I got soft and subtle on 30% sale and beach mono at wig outlet.com . I think I prefer the beach mono...

Here is soft and subtle:
    6wso6k2ko38jd2z2.jpeg
    kbka79nehptojfqv.jpeg
    ozxagc8ol3chj6n6.jpeg
    And here is beach mono:

opr1ptd5nznt6wgd.jpeg
    4ksnstkmh343huj2.jpeg
    pkolfnxctiinyrr9.jpeg
    1. Gabor Soft and Subtle VS Ellen Wille Beach Mono which is better for this curvy lady? (14 votes)
        Soft and Subtle
        36%
        Beach Mono
        64%
  • Vee1028
    I really love Beach mono on you. Keep her!
    I've been trying to decide between Soft & Subtle and Kona. Last night I decided on Kona but now I really like Beach mono!!
  • BeatA
    I don’t like how they did the front in soft and subtle. It looks fake. RW does that too they put a tripe of the lightest color all in the front looks weird.

Also EW is really really nice. They are so high quality and it fits so well. But s&S fits well too it’s also petite.
  • Vee1028
    I really think S&S looks very natural on you. I just don't like her curl pattern as much as I like Beach mono.
    I'm not a fan of RW colors at all. They seriously have none that I like.
  • Shar W
    Love the beach mono. My next wig will be a EW, just not sure which one. Looks great on you.
  • Moonlitnight
    Beach Mono for me Beatrice. It is so pretty and soft looking. I absolutely hate the light skunky thing that RW does. It really does look fake. I am not familiar with Soft & Subtle but, if it has the same, then I would most definitely go with the Beach Mono.
  • Lynn
    I’m a huge Ellen Wille fan so I voted for Beach Mono and I think it looks fantastic on you, very youthful :smile:
  • BeatA
    haha light skunky thing... exactly! Why do they do that???
  • Moonlitnight
    It is supposed to be flattering to all skin tones. The problem is that if you have wigdar, you immediately know it is a RW wig and isn't someone's natural hair.
  • BeatA
    @Shar W@Vee1028@Moonlitnight@Lynn well that’s unanimous so far ( including myself). Thanks for your input! Whatever did I do before this forum?

You know I have heard so much ( and seen on YouTube) about Belletress wigs, I am very curious and I want to vote for wigs.com to carry that brand. Does anyone remember how to do that on their site? I was trying to find the link that @Alex Kautz posted a while back, but I just could t find it anymore and I can’t find it on the website either.
  • Moonlitnight
    I have also suggested Belle Tress

https://www.wigs.com/pages/suggest-a-brand The reviews on other sites are very positive.
  • BeatA
    Thanks. I did it.
  • Moonlitnight
    Cool. You should receive a receipt that cuts off mid-sentence :)
  • Vee1028
    seriously everything I have seen and heard about Belle Tress is positive, too.
  • BeatA
    @Shar W@Vee1028@Moonlitnight@Lynn
    I think I’ll send them both back. I don’t like the way Beach Mono is layered. I will keep
    Looking. Ordered Kona on competing website. Sorry Alex I started for the first time ever.
    I’ll
    Let
    You all know how I care with Kona. I really wanted to love Beach Mono and I did at first but then I really did not like the layering.
  • Lynn
    That’s fine your the one wearing her and have to be happy with the look, good luck finding your “just right” look :smile:
  • BeatA
    thanks. I am looking for several just right looks. This one ended up looking too wiggy. It made me sad. I really like Ellen Wille. I’m think I’ll try Glamour Mono in the near future.
  • Lynn
    We all go thru the same thing, what else would we do to drive our husbands crazy lol
  • Vee1028
    I ordered Kona 2 nights ago. I had considered a few other wavy styles but just kept coming back to this one. I think what finally sold me on her was a video by Jill Lynn. She and I have similar face shapes and head measurements, so I kind of go by what I think looks good on her. And yeah, I have strayed for good.
    I know you have to go with your own feelings but I really thought Beach Mono looked so good on you. Did you get to play with her enough or afraid to just in case you had to send her back?
  • BeatA
    yes I did play enough that’s why I’m sending her back. Because of the layering it had a mullet effect and it started looking a bit wiggy. Made me get sad
  • Deleted User
    This user has been deleted and all their posts removed.
  • Ali
    You look great in both!
  • Katooshie
    That bottom pic of you is so beautiful...love what those layers and curls and golden streaks do for you! Wow!!
  • Vee1028
    Did you like Soft and Subtle better on you?
  • BeatA
    @Ali@Alex Kautz@Katooshiethat’s so kind of you guys, but I’m just not so convinced anymore. It just looks too wiggy now and the layers are a bit too much. Unless I cut a bit off the bottom it is looking a bit like a mullet. Not in these pictures but in real life. I just can’t keep it. I am going to try Kona I think.
    I don’t really want to try Julianne because I don’t like wigs with too much hair.
    I’m gaining a hard time deciding with the wavy hair. I’ve only ever tried straight, so it takes some getting used to.
    I got Beach Mono from Wigoutlet.com so i don’t think I can get store credit for wigs.com and will take the 10% hit instead. I am just not happy enough. The color is simply perfect though. As is the cap and the hair density. Pretty much everything but the cut. Sigh.
  • BeatA
    maybe... not sure. Husband says yes. I think I will send both back and get Kona. I have already waited over two week s on the soft and subtle so I better get her back if I want the refund/ store credit.
  • Vee1028
    I really liked S&S on you but thought the curl pattern was prettier on Beach mono. I waffled back and forth over SS also and will probably still buy it. Take a look at this video of you haven't seen it. It showed me better than any other how to work with it.

https://youtu.be/TtxRQRlx2aE
  • BeatA
    yes! That is definitely a great review. I’m going to get it out of the box again and retry it.
    If I decide to keep it, I will get rid of the “ skunk line” (as Moonlitnight callls it) in the front. I absolutely hat that. RW does that too it looks awful. I get a rooted wig for a reason! Why would I want this light colored quarter inch front line? Ugh smh.
  • BeatA
    ok S&S revisited today. Now I like it better.
    sthfx318t33hltef.jpeg
    37kq3m5sj7265fr4.jpeg
    Good thing I did not send it back yet.
  • Vee1028
    I agree it's a good thing you haven't sent it back! I really think it looks so pretty on you. And your husband likes it? That cinches it.

The way you have it styled, I don't see any skunk line at all.
    I actually have the hardest time with my wigs that have dark colors in the front. My Ignite looks like I have a dark headband low across the front of my head.
    What color is it, BTW?
  • Katooshie
    that is VERY pretty on you!
  • BeatA
    thank you!
    It’s Buttered Toast. GL 15-26SS
  • BeatA
    aw Kat, coming from you that is a very special compliment. You always have such prettty waves in your hair and little accessories it’s always such a work of art.
  • Vee1028
    That color looks so pretty on you. I see it on the wig site and reviews and it look much too light for me. Is it much lighter than the Bernstein?
  • BeatA
    no it is just a bit lighter not much. The light Bernstein rooted just has more dimension to it which I love some strawberry some golden blond some ash. This one is mostly golden little ash. Not that light. Except for the skunk stripe that’s pretty light.
  • BeautyWithin
    Keep the S&S!!! It's great on you. Very flattering.
  • Shar W
    I really like that one. Sometimes you just need to wear it for a few days and play with it a little. The color is beautiful on you.
  • buckeyegal1963
    I think it looks great on you, the color is also very becoming, lovely.
  • Vee1028
    I tried one of EWs short styles in Bernstein rooted and it just looked like a very light brown, no strawberry or blonde or dimension. But, it looked really nice on your longer styles. I think the colors might just be distributed differently on the really short styles.
    I just checked the Gabor colors and the buttered toast might be what I need in this wavy style. Thanks
  • BeatA
    you are absolutely right! I got Star from Ellen Wille in Light Bernstein roten and it was a great disappointment. I am still kicking myself for not sending it back I really should have... yes the short styles don’t do the Bernstein rooted justice, has to be at least medium length. The beach mono colors in Bernstein rooted were stunning! I would recommend the sand rooted or the other more blond rooted colors for the short styles. I had some Talia mono wigs that were very nice. I’ll dig them up and let you know which ones were nice.
    Here is a picture of Star
    es6d31wizz9ebkkp.jpeg
  • Lynn
    I think that Star looks good on you, the color and style are very nice in a youthful way.
  • Vee1028
    pretty wig! She really looks nice on you. But, definitely not as much definition or highlights as in your longer styles. The one I had was Open...much shorterbettere and as absolutely not a strand of a lighter color anywhere on it. Maybe I could wear the sand mix, but most of their blinds are too light for me. The prettiest color I got from them was Hazlenut on their Date wig. Unfortunately that was just too short. I think I've sworn off Ellen Willie and RW for a while. Gabor and Jon Renau just suit me better.
    Would love to see your Talia. Thanks!
  • BeatA
    I don’t like it anymore and it is too expensive. Hand tied though.
    Here is the Talia mono in dark sand rooted from Ellen Wille
    wmbqwxtd2b33pw6f.jpeg
    l8el0b5ibspbidsk.jpeg
    Sorry it’s been a long day I look really tired
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.