• HeatherE
    So I ordered another topper- in search of "the one!" The one I have coming has a lace front. I've never dealt with one before, and I know I have to first cut the lace, then pluck some hairs at the part to make it realistic. Anyone have any suggestions or advice?
  • Vee1028
    There should be no need to cut any lace unless you ordered an AA wig or topper. No need to pluck hairs from the part either normslly.
  • BeautyWithin
    Good morning Heather. I did trim my lacefront Cameron a little bit when I first got it. I watched a video on YouTube and it was very helpful. I did also pluck a few hairs out of the part at the very front and I think it out to look more natural. Because my wig hair is medium to dark brown you could see where the little knots were hand-tied towards the front of the part. I took a teeny bit of concealer and made those flesh colored.
  • HeatherE
    I did a quick search last night and saw some videos, I will def. have to spend some more time on youtube. Does the concealer wash out and you reapply after washing the topper? The topper I bought def. needs trimmed- the lace hangs down to about your eyebrows. :rofl:
  • BeautyWithin
    Yes the concealer washes off. I have seen videos of people who use paint but I am afraid to make a mistake and have it stuck on there permanently and not look good
  • Lori
    Hi Heather. It could be that you might not need to trim it. But there are lots of videos on how to do that. I think Patti's Pearls has a you tube video on it. The most important thing to remember, if you have to cut it at all, is use really little scissors...like manicure scissors or something like that and only do a teeny teeny bit at a time. Patti recommends when you put it on to press the lace front down against your skin to make sure it sits nicely against your head. Also, I have used brown eye shadow to mask any imperfections where may be. That way, it washes out easily. This of course depends on what colour hair you are purchasing. Good luck! I am sure you will love it. I love, love, love my monofilament top, lace front do's! :smile:
  • Vee1028
    Oh, I'm sorry. I've just never seen lace that had to be cut except for on AA products.
  • Cathe Lartigue
    Take your time cutting the lace and don't be nervous about it either. I cut the lace fronts out of my AA wigs all the time.
    Use a smaller scissor because it'l handle better. Since this is your first time, pin the topper to a styrofoam manniquin head and cut from there. Go as close as you can to the hairline. See where you want to part the topper and gently tweeze the parting space. Lace can sometimes be tricky to tweeze and you don't want to rip the lace. You can do it!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • HeatherE
    What does AA stand for?
  • HeatherE
    Thanks for clarifying.
  • Katooshie
    my pleasure Heather
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.