• Vee1028
    I'm trying to decide if I should keep this new wig, Kona, or send her back. I am not able to play with her much until I know if I'll keep her. So, it's kind of hard to see what she will eventuslly7rh47n6hh362y2l0.jpg
    look like. So, should I keep it hoping I'll love her after I've been able to fix her, trade for a more conventional curl pattern like Modern Motif, or trade for a straight bob like Kristen. uzvcyg455itw6y7y.jpg
    1. Keep Kona (5 votes)
        Different curl pattern
        40%
        Straight bob
        60%
  • Cathe Lartigue
    What would you be more comfortable with?
  • Vee1028
    I have worn my own hair short for 20 years and when I began wearing wigs I wore short wigs period recently I've had a couple that were tiny bit longer and I thought they were better suited to my face shape. I am obviously not really comfortable with this wig. I'm not sure if it's the new length that I'm not used to or if it's just the fact that I have not been able to disturb the curl and move the hair around a bit to see how it will actually look just in case I want to send the wig back. I have never ever worn up straight bob although my own hair is very straight.
    I am convinced I could eventually with a little manipulation get Kona to look like Jill has it in this video.
    https://youtu.be/Zrzjb0S7rRA
  • Katooshie
    Can we see the back please?
  • dc21
    I think you look good! But if you are having reservations, you should send it back. Everytime I go against my first instinct, I end up with an expensive mistake.
  • buckeyegal1963
    I think Kona looks fantastic on you, you look very pretty and youthful and that color really suits you, I like it! In the end though, it's your opinion that matters most, so if you're not happy with Kona send her back.
  • Vee1028
    I didn't fix the back at all. It seriously looks like snakes back there. I took these pictures yesterday and put her back in her box afterward without trying to take pictures of the back. It's pretty much the same length all around.
  • Vee1028
    thank you so much. I do love the color and the hair feels really nice and soft. I am just seriously afraid of looking foolish in a wig that is too young for me.
  • Vee1028
    thank you. Yeah, I really do not want to make an expensive mistake that I will eventually regret.
  • Katooshie
    i like those waves on you and that color is super. What is that color?
  • Katooshie
    that wig does not look too young for you at all! It softens your already pretty features very nicely but looks totally appropriate
  • buckeyegal1963
    You do NOT look foolish, now the pic I posted of myself wearing Goldie the other day, well that is looking foolish in a wig, lol. Nor is Kona too young for you, that's nonsense, the chin/jaw framing length and waves are very flattering on you.
  • Katooshie
    agree youthful but NOT too young!
  • dc21
    I don't think it looks too young either. The relaxed wave pattern is a natural, casual look.
  • Katooshie
    totally agree very flattering
  • Vee1028
    thank you so much. I have decided, after looking at a few pictures of myself in my short wigs and then in this one, that the longer curls help disguise my big nose and yes, soften my face.
    I appreciate your comment and your help.
  • Vee1028
    lol...I think I missed the picture of you in Goldie but cannot imagine you looking foolish in anything. Thank you for your sweet comments and your help
  • Vee1028
    thanks so much. I think I am just so accustomed to seeing myself in short hair. I need to look at it for a bit. But, like I told Katoosie, I do like the way it frames my face and d itstracts from my nose!
  • Moonlitnight
    Well, I love it! It is fresh and sassy and makes you look energetic (if that makes sense!) In that last photo, the length really shows off your lovely jawline.
  • Moonlitnight
    And you do not look faintly foolish!
  • BeatA
    ngsqrfadhbud0ban.jpeghfhihi88a7hufc2h.jpeg@Moonlitnight@Shar W
    @Katooshie@dc21@buckeyegal1963
    Ok Vee my Kona came in. You weren’t kidding with the Medusa comment. I want to comb it out so badly.
    I like it, but it is very similar to my Soft and Subtle which I am already keeping ( I made some alterations) here it is for comparisonc8yx1u2rfivrhnz9.jpeg
    sbxck5xicjgv5zd2.jpeg
    Im tempted to keep them both, but it would be a bit frivolous ( $168 worth of frivolousless) and I do have Cameron coming. I know my husband would never know that I have them both because they are so similar. What to do what to do. I definitely don’t like it Medusa style. Too messy for my taste. But it does seem to be a bit more fun. It’s also heat friendly. I could
    Straighten it if I wanted to or if I get tired of the curls.

I also watched that video you posted from Jill again, which was the one that made me order it and I think I want to keep it now... frivolous or not. other women buy shoes, I pretty much wear the same three pair of shoes until they fall off my feet before I get new shoes, so I spend my money on wigs... look at me rationalizing on this forum... :groan:
    What do you think?
  • Crystal
    I think it looks really pretty on you.
  • Katooshie
    it accentuates your beautiful eyes!
  • Katooshie
    i would never look at your pic and think you have a big nose. I like the way those waves bring out those beautiful eyes of yours
  • Katooshie
    it is NOT frivilous to invest in your happiness!! Plus you are adding beauty to the world around you ehich is a high spiritual service. If you like both...keep them...enjoy them...and order MORE! There is always room for more beauty in this life and furthermore we deserve it! You look great in both and i would love to see Medusa brushed out! Why cant we rock a style thats a bit more wild and exciting? We can!!
  • Moonlitnight
    Why cant we rock a style thats a bit more wild and exciting?Katooshie

And on that note, I am ordering RW Editor's Pick as my next wiggie.
  • Katooshie
    Ohhhh I can't wait to see you in "The Peek!" :) EXCITED!!!
  • Moonlitnight
    I am trying to decide if I should get Biscuit or Shaded Biscuit :)
  • Katooshie
    Which one does Nisha have?
  • BeatA
    I vote shaded biscuit I was going to get shaded wheat for editors pick but it seemed to be on back order so I got soft and subtle and then through this forum got interested in Kona.
  • Vee1028
    oh, thank you so much. I really do appreciate your comments. I have gained weight during my 2 years of retirement and it really makes me self conscious of the way it looks on my face. I do think it slims my face a bit and I like that.
    Are you really getting Editors Pick?? I love that wig but thought I should try a less expensive version before I invested in it. I think it will suit you well and if you get it in a color very close to your straight wig or your own hair people will never guess it is a wig. They would only think you had curled your own hair!
  • Vee1028
    thank you again but I do have a very wide nose....especially across the bridge. I actually considered a nose job just 2 years ago!
  • Katooshie
    You are beautiful!!! (Especially with those cute waves!) :)
  • Katooshie
    So the shaded biscuit looks like biscuit with dark roots? Is that the difference? Shaded biscuit is on top...
    efemedar08txx5sn.png
    bnnpjo1r257jqef0.png
  • BeatA
    yes. Personally I stay away from non rooted because of the zebra effect on the mono part. Also@Moonlitnightkeep in mind that RW does that Skunk stripe around the face.
  • Katooshie
    Why can't companies make PERFECT WIGS? lol
  • BeatA
    xfp6q03bbff2hmyv.jpeg
    w9a64i1qj6sjqest.jpeg
    So i combed it! Which means I am keeping it cause they won’t take it back now.
  • BeatA
    well
    Sometimes they do, or at
    Least they come close, but then we could not afford to keep playing like this and get all these different styles. We would have one maybe two wigs and wear them until they fall apart before we would be able to spend that kind of money again.
    There is something to be said fo being able to play around a bit.
    Having said that I think I may end up going back to higher quality wigs eventually, because for comfort and stylability and longevity you can really tell.
    But now I’m still having FUN!
  • Vee1028
    I think you are going to love Kona after working with her a bit more. And, definitely you should feel NO guilt over buying both of these styles. Kona is just a bit shorter and will not run against your winter clothes as much as Soft and Subtle. Also, besides your shoe thriftiness, you are not spending $150 every 6 weeks at a beauty salon which is what I did until this year. Also, wigs are not a luxury for you like expensive shoes and bags are. They are a necessity. And lastly, YOU DESERVE IT!!
  • BeatA
    I LOVE
    YOU! :love: :heart:
  • Vee1028
    you're too sweet. Thank you. We are our worst critics, aren't we?
  • Katooshie
    Totally agree. We women do so much for others...we really need to spoil ourselves a little bit in the process!
  • Vee1028
    Lol....you have to know that everything I said was true. And if we won't enable each other in our little addiction, who will?? I'm so happy you decided to keep her. She looks great on you.
    BTW....this is Jill's first video on Kona. I'm sharing it because I really like the way she dealt with the front of the wig at the part to keep it back a little.
    https://youtu.be/Zrzjb0S7rRA
  • Vee1028
    exactly! Most of our lives we spend taking care of others, many times going without in order for our children and family to have more. For many of us here this is our time.
  • BeatA
    yes that’s the one I watched before thanks for
    Posting that!
    I hope
    You kept your Kona and I did not talk you out of it?!
  • Vee1028
    lol...no, you haven't talked me out of it. But almost! I'm not ready to fully finger comb her yet, but maybe later today.
    I'm sorry about the video. I thought I had shared her 2nd video of Kona, but see now it was the 1st one.
  • Katooshie
    That's how I feel! I raised 3 kids while running a business, paid my house off, nursed my son thru a brain tumour and home schooled him thru to graduation with honours. I've taken care of my husband, kids, parents, sick sister, in laws....EVERYBODY...and invested richly in others. I contracted an auto immune disorder in the process, probably from the stress of taking care of everybody but myself, which caused my hair loss! SO... Now it's my turn! If I want to buy hair...I am going to freaking BUY HAIR!
  • Moonlitnight
    Vee, I'm sorry, I seem to have hijacked your thread with that comment. I agree that a less expensive shorter wavy wig would be a better choice but I can't find one I like. I love all the JR wavies - like Sarah, Julianne and Rachel, but the blondes are all wrong for me. (Actually, I just realized I haven't checked to see what blondes are available in Julianne.) I like Evanna by ROP but I really don't like hair that gets longer at the front and is relatively short at the back. I can always send it back! I don't think your face looks at all "weighty."
  • Katooshie
    Is it possible to buy a longer wig with a colour and wave pattern you like and get it cut by a good stylist?
  • Moonlitnight
    Yes, Nisha had Shaded Biscuit and reviewed it, but her mum loved it so much that she gave it to her. Then she couldn't get it either in Biscuit or Shaded Biscuit, so she bought (golden sand?) which is unrooted. I watched Nisha's review of it and the skunk wasn't visible...just a baby skunk maybe. I probably won't be able to get it right away as there is a long list for backorders. Which reminds me, my Sugar Rush hasn't been sent yet.
  • Moonlitnight
    That is what I am constantly seeking and not to have it cut, but there is honestly nothing. I love Sarah but YUK to the blondes.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.