• Vee1028
    someteimes it is best to take a step back when our minds become filled with choices to make a good decision. I hope for you that your hair will reach a condition you are happy with. I know from experience that hair appears thicker when it is colored and cut short. Have you considered this?
  • Moonlitnight
    No way will my hair ever be short. I am 5'10" in 2" heels. I would look like a pinhead with short hair :grin: I put a temporary colour on...it is supposed to coat it. It's that roux stuff that probably came out in the same era as the poodle cut. I am still hankering after the Editor's Pick. I heard that my Sugar Rush is on its way. I'm a bit nervous about the roots.
  • Vee1028
    lol....Okay, definitely not really short! I meant more like a midlength bob, lthough Hepburn was 5'7" when she wore a pixie. I think face shape and body type has to be considered as much as height, too.
    Sugar Rush looks very much like your own hair with your Milan topper on. Almost a perfect density. I still think you should order the EP now since back order is so far out.
  • Moonlitnight
    I have to wait for a sale and preferably free shipping as it's an expensive wig. :sad:
  • Tammy
    I really like Kona on you.
  • Vee1028
    thank you so much! I am still waffling back and forth on the idea of keeping her. I envy women who can do quickly make up their mind about a style. #beata decided immediately to keep hers and I've had mine a week longer and still afraid to miss with it in case I send her back.
  • Vee1028
    oh, yes, she is expensive for sure! I think I would try Scarlett first before buying EP.
  • Moonlitnight
    HATE the JR colours Vee. I watched Nisha and I also don't care for the flicks. Wigs are very frustrating!
  • Vee1028
    the flicks? What is that? The permatease or the waves?
  • Moonlitnight
    Ah...language barrier :) Nisha and I are from the same part of the UK. The little ends that flick upward or outward! Next, I'll be typing "bonce" just to get really confusing! "This wig doesn't suit my bonce."
  • Vee1028
    lol....thanks for that explanation. Was it you who gave me the quote that says something like "we are people separated by a common language" or did I see that someplace else? Now what exactly is bonce??
  • Moonlitnight
    No, that wasn't me but it is so true. Nisha has a video on it. It is absolutely hilarious. A bonce is a person's head. "Mind your bonce!" is quite a common saying when someone is entering those very low Elizabethan doorways throughout the UK.
  • Vee1028
    Ahhh....got it! I've watched every episode of Doc Martin and often wondered why the doorways were so short. Doc Martin was always banging his head on them.
  • Moonlitnight
    I think I am going to get Simply Flawless and root it myself. Again, thanks for the hookup. (Does that mean something impolite these days?) xo
  • buckeyegal1963
    :grin: lol Be sure to post a pic when you get Simply Flawless, I really hope the color works for you!
  • Moonlitnight
    Thank you and I will :) x
  • BeatA
    @Vee1028 well... now I’m not so sure about Kona anymore. I had ordered chloe and canceled but they sent tit anyway and it arrives today. So now I have three similar wigs. Ugh.
    I’ve combed Kona so much I don’t think I can get it back to the Medusa style to send it back but I could try... I’ll
    Let you know how Chloe turned out.
  • Tiramisu
    I like Kona a LOT on you! Keep it..
  • Moonlitnight
    Tiramisu (My husband's fave dessert!) Welcome to the forum :)
  • Vee1028
    oh, thank you so much! I appreciate your input. I still haven't decided and have just a couple of days to do so.
    Welcome to the Forum! Looking forward to getting to know you.
  • Vee1028
    oh wow! I don't think I've seen Chloe. I'll have to go check it out. But, no, you don't need 3 wigs th as t as re so as similar.....unless you LOVE all of them! But, I do know it seems to go right back to that curl pattern pretty quickly.
    Edited just to say I took a look at Chloe and she is a beautiful style. Too much hair for me probably, but so pretty!
  • BeatA
    I think I may just love her too!
    Maybe I should have met her sooner!
    It came unexpectedly early today. My husband was already home so I put it on and he said for $150 I should just keep it he liked it ( it was a one day 40% off deal at the sister place.) I got it in petite and Sparkling Champagne. It fits like a glove and might be a bit too snug but not bad. About the same as my EW Star.
    The cap is not super sophisticated but you get what you pay for. The hair and the color are super nice though and I like the style some wave but not total curly town like Kona. Similar to Soft and Subtle, but soft and subtle cap is nicer by a little bit.
    Here are the pics. adnno5xy0i0e2i0n.jpeg
    dggxb6e96l89o915.jpeg
    dmt1oclc1qlr3qec.jpeg
  • Tiramisu
    Thank you very much!
  • Tiramisu
    I love the Kona on you, too! That is a really pretty, fun wig! The waves are soft and add a lot of style (IMHO).
  • BeatA
    by the way it is not that much hair! It is one of the less dense ones. That’s how I found it in the sister site. They have that search option for less density wigs.

Boy after combing Kona she gets very, I don’t know she starts looking like dry over processed hair. I mean it is pretty realistic cause it’s a blond wig, but she kind of looks like I’ve had her for a while and I haven’t!
  • BeatA
    are you sure you meant Kina on me? The curls are t that soft...th0fopw77o29akq4.jpeg

I did mess with the front a bit to make it softer though.
  • BeautyWithin
    This looks so cute on you Beatrice.
  • Vee1028
    yeah, I've looked at several reviews and pictures of Chloe and she would just be overwhelming on me. Plus she has all her waves lower on the wig while I need it at about cheek level. Pretty style, just not something I could wear.
  • BeatA
    well keep it in mind for later whe. You’re ready to go a bit longer. You never know. I’m going to keep her. She is cute and did not break the bank. The color is great and the hair is nice. She will come to Africa with me!
    I think she may become the wavy version of Camron ( which is still in the mail)
  • BeatA
    muah thanks Steff I think this would be a very cute one for you too!
  • Vee1028
    I agree she will make a great sister wig to your Cameron. And she is cute, just not something I could pull off. I returned Crowd Pleaser for the same reason. Great wig but too much for me. But Chloe looks really good and natural on you.
    Going to Africa!!?? How amazing!! Howling will you be there? You must be totally excited!!
  • BeatA
    oh yeah I’m sooo excited. Going to be there for 3 and a half weeks. South Africa and Namibia. We have been to both places before and we just love it! Going to see some more of the Namibian desert.
  • Moonlitnight
    How madly exciting!
  • Tiramisu
    Yes, I really like the color and style on you. I’d get one myself if it was a topper. It’s new and up to date, but you have to feel comfortable with it. I admit it is hard to change from one style I like to another style, but I’m trying it out with a new topper.
  • Vee1028
    I've never thought of wanting to go to Africa, but if you've been once already and wanting to go back it must have been wonderful! Have you thought of trying some shorter, cooler wigs for the trip?
  • Moonlitnight
    Oh I LOVE Doc Martin. I think there is another series to watch. What a character!
  • BeatA
    since we are going to Southern Africa, it’s the Southern Hemisphere and it’s winter there ( like Australia). It’s more like a California or Florida winter, like lows in the forties at night. But the sun also sets at 6 pm, so it’s night a lot. It can get to be 80s during the day in some places, but them ok just do a pony tail or partial updo.
  • Vee1028
    ahhhhh....it is so awfully hot in Vegas right now (112 today) , that I never stopped to think that it would be winter anywhere!
  • BeatA
    oy Gevalt! That’s HOT!
  • Vee1028
    lol...it for sure is hot. People love to remind me that it's a dry heat. I remind them that, so is an oven!!
  • BeatA
    once it’s over 90 it does t matter if it’s a dry heat it’s just HOT.
    Are you making pancakes on the sidewalk?
  • Vee1028
    Amen!!! And, yeah. I probably could, but I'm mostly hiding inside!
  • buckeyegal1963
    Wow, and here I was hating the 90-93 degree spell we just had here, I couldn't take 112 degrees. When I was younger I loved hot weather, but once I hit a certain age not so much. I don't like extreme cold either, give me 70-75 degree weather all year round and I'd be a happy camper. So have you made a decision on Kona yet?
  • Vee1028
    As hot as it is here I still prefer it to the awful cold winter in other areas. We have wonderful winters that make the summers all worth while!
    I seriously have not made a final decision on Kons yet and I only have 1 day left to decide. The one person (my sister) who didn't like it on me at first now says she loves it since she's seen it in person. But, when I was getting dressed to go out yesterday and this morning I didn't even consider putting it on, deciding on one of my usual short styles instead. I'm afraid that might mean that I will never want to wear her. I still haven't missed with it either, keeping it in the same condition as when I took her from the box. I've never been so undecided about a wig before. Usually I either love it or hate it immediately!
  • BeatA
    I am kee[ping mine, but I do have buyers regret, I like the Chloe (longer though, so probably would scare you more) or soft and subtle( also longer, but not as long as Chloe) better. I think the curls are just too much on Kona and when you comb it it just goes nuts.. Check out Coco from Envy. About same price range as Kona and for color that compares to your Kona maybe creamed coffee (I have that in my Chelsea (the HH0synthetic blend) and I love that color, nice warm strawberry and reddish brown tones that are rooted.
  • Moonlitnight
    Morning Beatrice! Creamed Coffee has to be one of the prettiest colours. I think Coco would look lovely on @Vee1028 as well. I love all these coffee names, like with the BT line. It's like an instant dose of mental caffeine.
  • BeatA
    good morning my dear, I agree, I am a bit biased with all these coffee related names as well... however my first experience with Belletristik was not as good as expected, i am not loving the hair. maybe it‘s because it was too curly and hard to tame.
    I have to say though that it does make it look pretty real and it is definitely not shiny at all!
  • Moonlitnight
    Mine might arrive today. It's from the café line I think but the name Champagne with Apple Pie veered off course a little!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.