• Vee1028
    I'm sorry you're regretting keeping Kona, was it the curl pattern you don't like? I think it is very similar to the soft and subtle except a bit shorter. I struggled with which one of the two to order. I really don't like Coco or Chloe at all. Chloe is too much hair for me and reminds me of Crowd Pleaser that I sent back. I just don't like the waves on Coco at all. But agree that creamed coffee color is pretty.
    My daughter liked Kona on me and my sister said I should keep it, so I finally wore her to lunch with the 2 of them.

kizip85za8ecc966.jpg
    haqgiw78kctg03nc.jpg
  • Moonlitnight
    I really do like this one on you Vee. I also love the top. So pretty and feminine.
  • buckeyegal1963
    I said it before and I'll say it again, in my opinion this style and color is really beautiful on you Vee, you look youthful, vibrant and fun, especially in the second photo with that hint of a smile and mischievious look in your eye, just lovely.
  • Katooshie
    SO glad you kept this one! Very pretty and feminine without being over the top! Just right for you!
  • Katooshie
    agree! I love Vee in a little curl or wave!
  • Moonlitnight
    It is very soft and pretty I think!
  • Katooshie
    oh yes i really like that style on her A LOT
  • Vee1028
    Thanks so much. I figured I could never get EP if I couldn't wear this one! The top is my favorite right now in this blistering heat!
  • Vee1028
    you're so sweet. My sister hates when I don't smile at all for a picture.Thanks so much for all your help.
  • Vee1028
    I'm happy I kept her too. Thank you so much for all your input. It's so difficult sometimes to step out of our comfort zone! I feel lucky to have you guys here to help.
  • Dogmom
    I love it on you. You wear it well but at the end of the day, you have to be happy with it. These are expensive items we are buying. The color looks awesome as well.
  • Dogmom
    I love this on you!
  • BeatA
    oh wow!!! That looks amazing. It looks so much softer now and the color is perfect too! Yeah good call keeping it for sure.

I don’t know. Maybe I picked the wrong color too blond( kinda yellowy blond rooted) and also I don’t like the way it poofs when you brush it and gets strawy. But when you just finger comb it it’s ok and it feels soft just looks like it’s dry and over processed. I’m definitely playing with it more and it is very comfortable and so light! It definitely has a lot of pluses! But hands down looks much much better on you.
    Dahling you look mahvelous!
  • Shar W
    I think you look great. But in the end it’s how you feel wearing her.
  • Vee1028
    thanks, and you're right! I just need to get used to the longer hair.
  • Vee1028
    thanks so much. I ldo love the color and the hair is very soft. I will eventually grow more accustomed to the length.
  • BeatA
    @Vee1028 UNCLE! I worked and worked on Kona today and just couldn’t get her the way I liked it so I finally straightened her. I was surprised how smooth the hair got and how fine and thin who knew. It is actually very soft nice hair! Maybe I will try some soft curlers and steam. The thing I hated most was the rough texture and it’s not rough anymore. Looks a bit flat now but I’m a bit happier. Now it does look a bit like Cameron which I just got ( but Cameron has a much nicer cap )

1807c9fz9snnwkzd.jpeg
  • Vee1028
    oh wow! I was going to write today to tell you to give her a bath to see if that tamed her down a bit for you but it looks like you have her completely tamed now! I have been impressed with how soft the hair feels and am surprised that you didn't think so. You're right, she does look a bit like Cameron now. What kind of curl are you thinking of putting in?
  • BeatA
    I have no idea! I’m not really good at that. I know how to do the beach wave with a flat iron pretty well, but that didn’t work so well when I tried it with her before. Maybe it will now that I have “ reset” her. Maybe curls just aren’t for me.... for now she stays straight.
  • Shar W
    Oh wow! It looks so different. I think she looks really nice.
  • BeatA
    yeah I was kind of shocked. It is actually a pretty good haircut, but the tips are a bit thin just like you were describing Peppermint. I guess it’s a short version of Peppermint once you straighten out the curls.
    It’s probably almost the same as Cafe Chic now that I’ve looked at the BelleTress collection.
  • buckeyegal1963
    I'm going to have to youtube how to create beach waves with a flat iron, I may try that on Peppermint. I hung her upside down and sprayed with dry shampoo, but I haven't tried it back on yet to see if there's any improvement. I don't want to be disappointed, so will wait until I have a little more time to play around with Peppermint. I still hate that the roots are sooooo dark, I wouldn't mind if they were a light, maybe even a medium brown, but they look almost black.
  • Shar W
    I was thinking the same Cafe Chic.
  • BeatA
    yes they are dark!
    Yes there was a pretty good video that I found but I forgot who the YouTuber was some young girl
    She did it in like ten minutes. It really is pretty easy.
    Today I got my flexible
    Curling rods from Amazon so I want to experiment with those and steam, but I need a YouTube video for that first. If I find something and do something I’ll post results.
  • Erzsike
    A bit late to the party, but here is my two cents -- The wig is lovely on you just out of the box. In my experience, we need to make the wigs our own, manipulating to our taste. If you do not "see" that you could do this, I would send it back. That is how I decide. The color is perfect! xxoo Hope I have been helpful.
  • goldcapp
    Moonlitnight - I LOVE RW Editor's Pick and have it in RL19/23SS (that's shaded biscuit, I think?). It is now my very favorite. It frames the face beautifully, is very playful and you can do with it whatever you want. I don't know whether you ordered it already, but I know that you will love it.
  • Twinkle
    I kinda love this on you!!! I would just love to see some wispy bangs. Just a smidge. It’s sexy and flirty!
  • BarbT75
    From experience trust me if your instinct says ur not sure send it back! I have kept wigs where my first gut was to send it back then looked at other ppl who look good and thought maybe it's me and kept them only to never wear them. I played with them and puffed them but still hated them ! I have two RW wigs cost me a lot of money and here they sit in my wig stash never to be worn again :) I tend to just buy the style I know I like and not try to look different at my age anyway :)
  • Happy to ve Retired
    Hi - I am actually considering Kona - saw it at a wig store yesterday and I like that it is less dense than some of the others. What color is your Kona? It looks like a great color. I currently wear jon renau shaded mocha and love that color. So - I might try January instead since at least I know I like the color.

Thanks,
  • BeatA
    o am not wearing my Kona at all. I have to check the box to see what the color is called it’s a rooted blonde. Color is ok but not very multidimensional.
    I did not like the curls at all so I straightened it but don’t like that very much either. It now looks like over processed hair. @Vee1028 really likes her Kona and looks great in it though. So she may be a better person to ask.
  • Happy to ve Retired
    Hi - am more interested in the color than t he wig style. The color on that wig looked great in the pictures - but it is always hard to tell from that.

I actually liked the kona on you with the curls - just as a different look. I have not tried any curly wigs yet and this one did not seem too overwhelming in the store - at least relative to the others there. I just took a quick look. Part of me wants a different look - and then I feel like - well I am "comfortable" with the current look so just stick with that.

Definitely on the fence. I also look at On Edge - which I actually liked a bit - it is Gabor. It is not thick at all - very natural looking except for the shine. But again - straight. Then online I saw Blair. This is the way I used to wear my hair and at least I am "sure" of the color I would want.

Anyway - I thought Kona looked different on you but nice. I think when we look at ourselves with a different look - it can be shocking. I tried on Editor's Pick and I felt like a clown:)

Cheers
  • BeatA
    look into Chloe by Envy. Also a good price
  • Vee1028
    since you usually wear shaded mocha you might like the color I'm wearing in my profile picture. Mine is mocha with cream
  • Vee1028
    thanks so much. I really like it but I'm still not accustomed to this longer style on me. My daughter and sister love it though so I wear it when I'm going out to lunch. I actually like myself better with some bangs but I am afraid to try to cut bangs into this curly Style
  • Vee1028
    have you tried putting a bit of wave back into Kona? I bet you could do that.
  • BeatA
    yes I did some beach waves... meh. I should probably sell her. Shouldn’t have bought her. Really never wore her just experimented with her styling. Maybe I should sell her on WigHub
  • Vee1028
    yeah, I have to say I actually gasped the first time I read that you had straightened her. Maybe you can get rid of her on Hub.
  • BeatA
    I know I just didn’t like her I was desperate I had already done too much to send her back. I learned an expensive leason
  • Vee1028
    hey...I sent you a PM about your wig outlet return this morning. Did you see it?
  • BeatA
    I answered, but sorry I didn’t see it at first.
  • Twinkle
    I’m loving long hair recently because it covers up a multitude of stuff!
  • Vee1028
    lol...yes, it can. But, I thought you always wore longer styles?
  • JeannetteB
    Both the color and the style suit you. I love it!
  • JeannetteB
    This is silly question but how do you “like” a comment?
  • Twinkle
    I guess it depends on what “long” is. To me, anything past my ears is long!!! So funny! I wore my bio hair very short forever and then also with wigs. Now, I’m wearing shoulder or a bit longer. Anything past top of shoulders is super long to me.
  • Vee1028
    thanks so much! As far as "liking" a comment, there is a heart in the lower right corner of each comment box. Touch that heart and it turns black to show you liked the comment.
  • Vee1028
    yeah, I think anything past the ears is long, too. I think I've only ever seen you in Bailey which I consider long.
  • JeannetteB
    Click the heart. Of course...silly me :)
  • KB7707
    LoL!!! I didn’t know either!!
1234Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.