• HeatherE
    I got a topper that has a lace front. I had watched several videos that said to use got2b. I tried it today- put a small dab on my part area of my bio hair, let it set for several minutes, then put my topper on and pressed it into the glob. It didn't do a thing. I can still lift the topper edge very easily. I'm heading to the salon to get the piece cut in 1/2 hour, not sure how she's going to cut it because the topper moves around so much. Any ideas?
  • Crystal
    I have no experience with toppers, but I'm sure someone here can help you out.
  • Moonlitnight
    Is the reason it moves because you don't have enough bio-hair to clip it to? I have a Belle Tress lacefront topper. I must say it is a challenge to get much hair at the back as the topper isn't very long and the front obviously has to be placed at the hairline. Once I have the front two clips in place and then the back two, it isn't going anywhere.
  • Shar W
    I let the glue dry a little so it gets tacky before I put it on. Or you can blow dry the glue a little to speed up the process. Hope this helps.
  • HeatherE
    It has a clip at either temple, then three going around back. The lace front comes up to the hairline but easily shifts frontward or backward. I feel like the clips hold it in ok but the front needs to be secured down.
  • HeatherE
    Ok so maybe I didn't let it sit long enough. Do you just put a dot of it, or a thin line, or spread it a bit?
  • Shar W
    I use more than a dot. Almost dime sized. It that's too much it will slip around. Just experiment. I do spread it around a little.
  • HeatherE
    Thanks Shar, good to know!
  • Katooshie
    I've seen videos of our AA wig sisters rolling on It Stays ... lavishing it on liberally from temple to temple like they are rolling on deoderant! Lol then then put the wig into the glue and blow dry it or tie a bandana on it to hold it into the glue while they do their makeup!
  • HeatherE
    Thanks! I will put that in my never-ending amazon cart if the got2b doesn't work out.
  • Shar W
    I use that for my lace front wigs. I need that extra security. That stuff is sticky.
  • Katooshie
    i ordered some it stays to prevent the wig creep back in front...where the bangs get shorter and shorter! Lol hope it works!
  • Shar W
    I hate when that happens...LOL
  • Katooshie
    i call it bangs creep
  • HeatherE
    OK so the got2b did not work today either. Put it on, let it set a good 5-10 min, dried gently with a dryer, put on topper, pressed firmly down for quite awhile, and it still moves around and can easily lift right off my head. So I am ordering the other product today. Love this topper, love the color and the synthetic hair is ridiculously soft. But this lace front is making me insane. Not sure if I cut the lace right, not sure if I should pluck more for a part or more natural hairline. Here's a pic of it down, whichI won't wear for little while since it's several inches longer than my bio hair, and up. I hope it doesn't slide back as the day goes on.
  • Katooshie
    i ordered It Stays too. SO OVER these wigs creeping back up my forehead. Why cant they make wigs with elastic like a shower cap that stays put?? I literally believe the whole group of us...with our experience and knowledge...should form our own faux hair company and just freaking GET IT RIGHT!! If we pay hundreds of dollars the stupid pieces should stay in place right!? Even a flipping baseball cap fits better than all the wigs I've tried!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.