• Dolly
    When I wear different colored wigs, some colors seem to accentuate my under-eye bags and darkness. IS there any product that any of you have tried that will actually help those circles?
  • Moonlitnight
    I have tried many but the only one that works for me is Tarte Maracuja Creaseless Concealer. It's brilliant. I am fair like you and use the "Fair" colour.
  • Dolly
    Thanks Moonlitnight! Where do you get it?
  • Moonlitnight
    Hi Dolly. I bought it on Sephora dot ca. Now I see that they don't have it on the US Sephora, but they have a Maracuja Creaseless Undereye Concealer with a wand. It is described as a new product. Just checked on the Canadian site and it isn't there either. Darn! Fair is "Fair 10N" I think.
  • dc21
    I saw it in my local Ulta and QVC sells Tarte too.
  • KellyA
    Anyone go under the knife?
  • buckeyegal1963
    I gave up on concealers long ago, they just seem to emphasize my circles, although I've never tried a high end brand, just drug store brands. I did get a sample of a Peter Thomas Roth Firmx cream or serum and wow that tightened and lifted everything, but it left a white residue on my skin and my face felt tight (well duh, that's what it's supposed to do, right) It's temporary, and I didn't leave it on for long since it felt weird, so I don't know how long the effect would last.

I'm too chicken to go under the knife, I've thought about looking into fillers or botox, but that makes me nervous too.
  • Misty
    Me too buckeyegal1963. Too scary for me to go under the knife. I did try YSL Touche Eclat and thought for a while that worked. Until the day I re-checked the mirror a couple of hours later - never worn it again.
  • Moonlitnight
    Are you talking about blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery)?This is just to tighten. It doesn't get rid of shadows. Nisha on youTube had filler put in her tear troughs to get rid of the shading and shallow areas under her eyes. She looks really good.
  • buckeyegal1963
    I've never really given surgery much thought, I was just responding to Kelly asking if anyone has gone under the knife. I have that problem as well, the tear troughs being shaded and shallow and have thought at least researching fillers as a solution. I just don't like the thought of needles or something foreign being injected into me and so close to the eye.
  • Moonlitnight
    Sorry Vicki, I am half asleep.
  • buckeyegal1963
    Me too Antonia, it's been a long day, I've been up since 5am and it's now after midnight, I need to get my butt to bed.
  • KellyA
    I've tried fillers. They are amazing but temporary and thus hard to justify
  • Moonlitnight
    The newer ones last 18 months, I am told. I used to have them put in my NL folds (12 years ago) but then I had my eye teeth crowned and it made a world of difference. The dentist built them out. (I have an underdeveloped upper palate with the teeth forming a very small "U".
  • Shar W
    I am too scared too go under the knife. I will just try over the counter products and age gracefully. When I was in Mexico, there was this woman who had the perfect wrinkle free face. She looked in her late 40's. Then I saw her in her bikini. She still had a cute figure but her skin was saggy and wrinkly. It was obvious she had her face done compared to her body. It just didn't look right. I am guessing she had to be 60-70 years old.
  • Moonlitnight
    Face lifts do not get rid of wrinkles. They get rid of folds and sagging, particularly around the jowls and neck area (assuming you get a neck lift as well) but wrinkles stay. I have no wrinkles on my face but my arms are another story. When I was 40, I noticed a strange puckering in the crook of my arms. It got worse and worse and now my arms are so bad that I won't ever wear anything that doesn't go down to my elbows. My legs and tummy are fine. Just my arms. I have never sunbathed. In short, my arms do not go with my face. They look at least 30 years older.
    I would love to go under the knife if there were an operation that did something for the arms. I'd mortgage the house if there were!
  • Dolly
    When I lived in Las Vegas, I found something that seemed to tighten up and reduce the under-eye bags and darkness very quickly. I put it on before applying make-up and it lasted all day. It was kind of pricey and I can't remember the name of it now so I can't even look for it - I think it was called Viper-something and came in what looked like a large syringe. After I ran out of it, I tried ordering it online but I think I got a 'counterfit" product because it didn't work as well...
  • Sunset
    I have the deep troughs under my eyes also, and I'm extremely fair completed. This just makes them show up all the more. I've tried every under eye concealer, & because they really aren't dark circles, it just made them look worse. Under bright lights they look HORRID. If I'm in the right lighting you can't even see them. I've gone to about three plastic surgeons & they were ready to do surgery. I had an appointment set up a few years ago, and when the receptionist called me telling me how excited she was for me, I cancelled the surgery. It seemed phony. Besides that, the Dr. had dark circles or deep troughs himself, so why isn't he doing something about them? I was told the fillers wouldn't work for me because they're too dark & aren't dark circles. They explained to me if they went in on the inside of my eye & then moved fat around it would conceal them. I'm just too scared to do it. I followed Ali Wentworth's surgery online having her deep dark troughs done. It looked painful & like it took awhile for her to recover. I'm glad she made these videos, and I saw her on TV the other day & it looks like they are sooo much better. I fear something would go wrong during the surgery, or my eyes would end up looking uneven or strange. I've always been told I have nice, big brown eyes, and I wouldn't want them to look different other than getting rid of what's under them. I inherited these from my father & they looked much better on him. My Mom didn't have them, and luckily my daughter doesn't have them either. I would mortgage my house to get rid of them!!! I went out on a date with one guy who suddenly announced to me I should do something about them & it's a real simple thing to do. I wish I would have told him since he had them also to go have it done, then let's see how his turns out. I never have liked wearing glasses, but sometimes I wear them because instantly they are covered up. I evidently offended one Drs. office when I said I didn't really believe the before & after pictures, because I can take pictures & make it look like I don't have them, then take a picture & show I really do. I'd rather see videos & actually see people who have had this done. I wish there was something that was invented to get rid of them without having major surgery & the risk I've read about having it done. Other than that, as old as I am I've had people tell me my skin looks so nice & that I have no wrinkles. I also heard that moving fat around under the eyes can cause wrinkles there, and since I don't really have them there I would be sad to then have a bunch around my eyes.
  • Moonlitnight
    I know this product. It was hugely popular at the time (about 6 years ago?) and there was a recent rehash of it. Something in the venom of snakes paralyses the muscles like Botox. It's similar to the effect of argireline only slightly stronger. ETA Was it called Viper Venom?
  • Vee1028
    like you, I've never had a problem with wrinkles at all. None around my eyes and no NL lines. I only had a bit of marionette lines at the corners of my mouth. I had fillers several years ago and liked the effect of that.
  • buckeyegal1963
    How long does the effect last? Is there much pain? How about recovery time, does it look good right away, or does it take a bit of time? Sorry about the questions, but as far as I know, I don't know anyone in real world that has had them. Of course, it's not a question I've ever asked either, just as I wouldn't ask anyone if they're wearing a wig, lol.
  • Moonlitnight
    The fillers have changed a lot in five years and now, many are lasting 18 months or so. I'll let Vee answer but I thought I would just add that.
  • Vee1028
    I am the biggest chicken baby when it comes to needles and I was really afraid of the pain. Seriously, there was very little at all. They numb the area with a cream first. There was just the weirdness of knowing someone was putting a needle into your skin. The injection site may have looked a bit red for the first day but no recovery time was needed. I think I may have iced it a bit that first day. Results were immediate and absolutely worth it. The effects lasted well over a year for sure. I was almost 63 when I had the injections and I'm certain they would work even better on someone younger. I was so happy with the look that I went to Coasta Rica when I was 64 and had a lower lift to rid myself of them for good. No pain and no regrets there either!
  • Moonlitnight
    Hold on, hold on, you went to CR for a lower lift??? PM'ing you for details in the next couple of days. My jowl area is definitely looking like it needs a little help.
  • buckeyegal1963
    Thank you, it's just something I've been considering lately, not enough yet to schedule a consultation, but maybe one day. I've heard surgeries are much cheaper in Central and South America, but I've heard horror stories too, not sure if they're true or not.
  • Moonlitnight
    I am sure a few are true but that most of these warnings and what-not are $ motivated. North American surgeons may not like losing the business.
  • Vee1028
    I was treated like a princess. Seriously. There is a wonderful doctor in South Carolina who does great lower lifts, also. My daughter is thinking of seeing him in a few years.
  • buckeyegal1963
    I see no jowl problems on you at all....sometimes what we perceive to be flaws in ourselves are extra magnified when we look at ourselves, but sometimes it's a distorted perception. Seriously, you are a beautiful woman, and you look fantastic in all of your photos and all of your wigs, even though you say they are unflattering shots. I hope you see yourself the way that we all see you, a beautiful lady.
  • Vee1028
    you would be amazed at the people who go there for all kinds of surgeries. Dentistry is also a thriving business there. Work done in the US is just so much more expensive.
  • Vee1028
    you are absolutely right in your comments to Antonia. I don't see that she needs a thing done. But, that is what all my coworkers, friends, family, and boyfriend said to me too. We are our worse critics. I always said a smile and a little makeup goes a long way!
  • Moonlitnight
    Vicki that is just so sweet and kind. I wish I could see myself is a positive light but I never have. Not sure why this is, only that it is! xo I wasn't aware of this!
  • buckeyegal1963
    I understand it, I struggle myself with things I see when I look in the mirror and want to change, but I try not to beat myself up over it and that most people are not over analyzing us and our perceived flaws the way we do to ourselves. I've had people compliment me on my skin and eyes, and even my nose! A lady the other told me the other day I have the perfect nose and wanted to know if I had had a nose job done, nope! I think to myself "Can't you see this huge old forehead? Or the tear troughs under my eyes?" So I do get it, but as I've grown older I've learned to accept a compliment and just say "Thank you" without any "But..."s So accept a compliment Antonia darn it, lol, you look fabuloussss! :hearts:
  • Moonlitnight
    ((hugs)) and THANK YOU :)
  • buckeyegal1963
    Yep Vee, it really does...nothing more beautiful than a chubby, bald, toothless baby smiling and laughing with joy, and who wants to be chubby, bald and toothless? Same for us grown folks too, a smile, a twinkle in the eye ups the beauty factor 100 fold.
  • Dolly
    Sometimes we are our own worst critics because we have been 'programmed' that way - it takes a lot to break out of 'old habits...' Developing confidence is something a lot of women have to work at - and sometimes wigs, makeup and other things we do to make us look good also helps us to feel good! And there is NOTHING wrong with that! I really enjoy reading all of your posts.... BTW Moonlitnight, I think that product was called Viperlift or something like that. I don't know if it had snake venom in it or not but I know that I sat and watched it work after they put some on me!
  • Dolly
    Also, I would like to more about if anyone has had cosmetic procedures, especially done outside of the country. When my parents lived in AZ, they said their friends and neighbors would routinely go have these things- especially dental work - done in Mexico....
  • Vee1028
    I went to Costa Rica. My girlfriend, sister, and a niece had gastric bypass in Mexico.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!