• Moonlitnight
    In the past couple of weeks, I have been disappointed not only with the goldy colour of my Milan topper, but also the flat appearance on my head. Today, I slapped it on in the usual manner and kapow! It looked fabulous. I guess it is all about positioning. I think it was slightly further forward, and the permatease was right above the crown and not slightly behind it. Do you have "bad wig days" when your wig just doesn't look as good as it should?
  • buckeyegal1963
    Yes, today it took a little longer to get my Minka looking right today, I've been wearing it a lot lately, even to work (Kristen was my work piece). I haven't washed it yet, so that will probably help. My coworkers love the hair, asking where I got it, so I've referred them to this site....there should be a refer a friend program.
  • Misty
    Yes, I have had some not so great "bad wig/hair days" and they are when the hair is either straight out of the box and I haven't styled it properly (think I have and then I catch site of me in a mirror - OH NO), or when it is getting warn out.. I find the lace fronts are fantastic, but when they start to go, they go in about 3 -0 4 days. I can't wear toppers, so cannot comment on that..
  • buckeyegal1963
    Misty, how long do lace fronts last? I'm fairly new to wearing wigs, about the last 6 weeks or so. That was the probablem I was having with Minka, I'm not sure if it needs a wash, although I do try to get the got2b glue off the lace front, but I've noticed there's almost a band look, I'm not sure if it's not laying flat after I apply the glue and that's causing it, but I really noticed it today, here is a pic I took today, not sure if it will show up. I tried using concealer, it's an old one I never use, but it didn't seem to help at all. So if anyone has any suggestions how to conceal that, I'd appreciate it. I just hope it's not going bad, only been wearing Minka for a couple of weeks.

s1yxmzi68yxgd6pp.jpg
  • Moonlitnight
    Thanks Misty. I have only one lacefront, the RW Spotlight and it doesn't look at all natural. Everything else is just mono, except for the Angelica, which I plan to use for experimentation. Whatever is going on with that wig, you look just lovely in it. :hearts:
  • Misty
    Hi Buckeyegal, I wonder if that is from the glue? Does the lace still look like that when you have washed and removed all of the glue?
    Normal weather and wear, I generally get 6 - 8 weeks (sometimes longer) of wearing my lace fronts full time (at least 14 hours each day).
    The lace can get very wrinkly right at the front in our humid summers, there seems to be a time each summer I only get 4 - 5 weeks out of one wig. When the lace goes that way, it goes!
  • Misty
    Hi, I forgot to mention I wash my hair after every 6 - 7 days of wear. Due to the humidity in summer, I wash more frequently then. I am alergic to tapes and glue, so can't help out too much in that area.
    Is there anyone who wears lace fronts with glue who might be able to help?
  • Misty
    And I love the look of this hair on you - it is beautiful :hearts:
  • buckeyegal1963
    Thank you moonlitnight, that's kind of you to say :smile:

Thank you Misty! That's what I'm thinking, I try to remove it with a cotton pad soaked with toner, but I don't think all the glue comes off, I'm going to wash it tonight. I don't always use the glue, but I'm on my feet all day at work and the days have been warm, so I've been using it for the extra security.
  • Misty
    Hi Buckeyegal, let me know how you go after washing your hair tonight. Lovely to hear your days are getting warmer, we have just started into winter and our days are getting cooler.
  • buckeyegal1963
    Oh your'e from the land down under, one of these days I'd like to visit Australia, I've heard it's beautiful there. Here in Ohio we've just gone through several days of 90+ degrees, we barely had a spring this year, went from cold to hot, but that's Ohio for you.
  • Misty
    Yes, I travelled from Perth on the west coast and back to Brisbane on the east coast last week - around 5 1/.2 hours flying time each way. It was around 36 degrees minimum in Perth, and around 32 degrees minimum in Brisbane - definitely coming into our winter time. :smile:
  • Misty
    Our summers can get high 90's up to 100 - with average humidty around 70% - some summer days can get to 90% + humidity - really not nice for faux hair days.
  • BeatA
    I can’t tell what you mean on the picture, you look wonderful in Minka!
    Have you tried to wear your lace front without any glue to increase the life span? I definitely get more than 7-8 weeks out of my lace fronts but I do not use any glue.
    I don’t have biohair so I put some silicone sheet patches in the nape and sometimes other areas inside the wig to make it “ antislip”. Lots of ladies here wear a wig grip or even just a wig cap that keeps it from slipping or stitch those tiny comb clips in for extra security. Maybe try that to increase the longevity of your lace front.
  • dc21
    I just got a Minka and it has a lot of extra lace, you need to trim it back possibly. It doesn't "melt" into everyone's skin color and it can be noticeable. I have never had a problem with my JR lace fronts fraying, even after cutting them. I wash my wigs frequently because I wear longer styles. When they start looking stiff is when they start looking fake imo. I don't even bother washing the It Stays off of my lace fronts nightly, maybe I should. I am lazy. I wash my wigs weekly.
  • crazywiglady
    I agree, even good wigs can have "bad hair days", I find this especially true when they begin to show alittle wear and tear.
  • Happy to ve Retired
    I have found with lace front wigs - i dont need or want glue except under circumstances where people will be touching my head. For example - the dentist.

But i have been on boats and in the wind and this thing does not go anywhere. I do the patti thing where i hold the lace to my forehead for a count of say 30. It is a chin length so i dont need to worry as much as with longer wigs.

Curious - do most people use glue daily?
  • Moonlitnight
    I have longer wigs that have a lot of wear and tear at the ends, unfortunately.
  • Tammy
    Perhaps it is from the glue, I have had my Jon Renau lace front and wore her for over 6 months and the lace is still good, not so much the hair :) Have you washed her yet?
  • Tammy
    Argh I have that issue now with the girl I wear in my picture, she is ready to be replaced and I just have not found a replacement I am happy with yet. I put her on this morning and was like...well I guess this looks normal, real hair has days when it looks terrible like my Mila ..lol and the color I want is not in and has not been in. Not sure what I am going to do.
  • Misty
    I have longer wigs that have a lot of wear and tear at the ends, unfortunately.Moonlitnight

Me too. I find using the steamer is a great way to extend the life of the longer wigs. The hair (fibre) ends up very straight, but then I style the wig into the shape it used to be when it was brand new in the box, and let the steam go over that, to re-set the longer style.
  • Moonlitnight
    Thank you Misty. I have the wighead, the clamp, the pins and the steamer. Now all I need is the energy!
  • Misty
    If you haven't done this before, good tip to try first on an old wig - I watched Patti's You Tube video on how to do it. Good luck, and hope it turns out well. :hearts:
  • Moonlitnight
    I will try it on my RW Spotlight as it was "old" a couple of days after it arrived. I've never seen anything mat as fast.
  • buckeyegal1963
    I don't always use glue, we had a hot spell of 90+ degrees and I was worried that if my forehead got sweaty she would slide back, so I used it for extra security.

Mine doesn't seem to have extra lace and I would be nervous to cut any, I really like my Minka and don't want to ruin it.

That's good to know, I hope to get at least several months out of Minka. I'll be washing her tomorrow, was going to last night but ended up fall asleep on the couch after a long work day.
  • btrflygal7
    I found this thread, yeah i agree with you about the positioning, im also a eyeglass wearer so i think if you don't have it on your head just so, I find at least my arms of my glasses keep tugging on the adjusters. I do have a smaller head but can fit in most average wigs i just use the adjusters to make it snug. I had put on my gabor timeless beauty that is my work wig and somehow the adjusters must of moved and when i put my glasses on at work i kept feeling them rubbing on them. It's such an uncomfortable feeling, i wanted to take the wig off but realy had no where to do that being at work, lol. I looked okay in the mirror but yeah i knew it was off.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.