• Amber
    9y3w2y7i2t5wa44y.jpg
    Hey all!!
    Summer is here, and there is going to be a lot of pool days, water games, and moments where ya gotta go put on that swim suit. But what about your hair? My kid's last day of school was Thursday, and they immediately wanted me to take them to our local indoor pool. I was in such a hurry, and they were chomping at the bit, so I literally just threw my nappy hair in a messy bun and slapped a hat on top. I actually did a "Pool Hair" post a few years ago on my Instagram, which included some cute hairstyles for days in the sun, that could potentially get wet. I'll try to go find it, and post some pictures down below! Until then, I would be very curious to know what you have used for coverage when you go to the pool and swimming? Do you have a swim wig or topper? Do you go all natural?! Pics and ideas would be awesome, as this is usually a huge dilemma in the hair loss world, and I haven't personally found alternative hair that is meant specifically for this purpose!
  • PinkEvie
    You look lovely in that pink hat, and that adorable baby, is just so yummy.

If I swim outside when on holiday, I usually wear a hat similar to yours, but it is blue with red sparkly bits in the shape of a flower.

When I swim in our local pool, I put on a swim cap, which nobody wears these days, so feel quite strange but needs must. Looking forward to the photos if you find them.
  • Moonlitnight
    Swim caps!!! I had one for school and it was smothered in pink rubber roses. Back in the day, you couldn't have loose hair in the public swimming "baths." Haha. Those were the days, my friend.
  • Moonlitnight
    I haven't been near a pool but for kayaking, and possible falling in, I have a wide hairband. I'd hate to see my topper floating off into the Stuart Channel. I have a sparkly hairband as well but don't wear it for kayaking as it would look super out-of-place. Your baby is beyond adorable!
  • Amber
    thank you! Wide headbands are a great alternative for coverage!! Love all those outdoor activities...and the hair has to always be thought about. Sounds like you got it covered!!
  • drift3r
    YES!! I have a grubby old topper that I wear in the river all the time, but I haven’t ventured into chlorinate pools yet. I love that thing hehehe. It’s definitelu been through the ringer and still looks ok after a bath! :joke:
  • Moonlitnight
    I don't kayak often but just bought an inflatable kayak on Amazon. I am getting one for my friend as well so that we can go together. I love sparkle but a rhinestone hairband doesn't go with shorts, a Nike rain jacket and bare feet. On the other hand, it might start a trend. xo
  • Moonlitnight
    a grubby old topperdrift3r
    LOL! You have such lovely expressions for your hair! Crypt keeper, dead rat (or was it squirrel?) You make me smile!
  • Amber
    start the trend girlfriend! Lol! My parents just bought a kayak on Amazon too! You could get a simple sporty thick headband if the rhinestone was too flashy...or you could pull an "Elle Woods" like on Legally Blonde and just sparkle while going down the river!! Lol!!
  • Amber
    I need a pool topper! I think I'm gonna designate an older lighter one for this purpose, then wear it UP in updos or ponytails or messy buns. At least the top part of my head won't look like a drowned rat. Lol.
  • drift3r
    Definitely dead rat :rofl: I do love weird expressions for my awful hair almost as much as I love my grubby river topper :smile:
  • drift3r
    YES!!!!! It’s sooo nice having an older topper/wig you don’t care much about to be able to do whatever you want with!! :hearts: :hearts:
  • Moonlitnight
    Too funny. Ah yes! I am sure I could pull THAT one off. :grin: Did your parents buy an inflatable one? I read the reviews and they were generally positive. I live on the water but have a long and steep staircase going down so couldn't carry a regular kayak down and there is no space for a boathouse down there. Nor is there money for one as I've been spending it all on hair.
  • Moonlitnight
    If I were to wear my mangy old Spotlight Elite, I would come out of the water with a blob of melded plastic on my head. That thing mats if you even breathe near it.
  • Amber
    thank you so much for your sweet comment! Baby B loved his first pool day! Took all 5 kiddos...I'll show ya a pic! I love vintage swim caps and would love to get one and I would like them to become a trend! Anything vintage, retro, and Glam from those eras I'm all about...and then you have the full coverage!! I'm game!! I have a few retro swimsuits that would look way better with a swim cap than a ball cap! jagpndp9qhj2iuil.jpg
    oi43ia5skrmik10u.jpg
    ofdz6ytbjnndgi3a.jpg
  • Amber
    yes, inflatable! They got it around Christmas time. Haven't taken it out yet. Got it bc reviews were great! And yes, price was better!! Hair is EXPENSIVE... and it's the best too.
  • Moonlitnight
    What a beautiful little family! (Or big family.) I love the last pic, so cheeky!
  • dc21
    (They held my comment for moderation because I posted a link.)
    You could wear a nammu cap or buff over your wig.
    Is this the old fashioned swim cap you ladies are referring to?
    i6e2xdxte8zw5mau.png

They still sell them at headcovers dot com!
  • Moonlitnight
    Yes! I had the blue and white one in pink, LOL. I hated wearing caps but the pink was at least acceptable.
  • drift3r
    I loovvveeeee that swim cap!! It’s amazing!! :hearts:
  • Amber
    I want one!
  • Katooshie
    wow i remember these growing up back in the late 60s early 70s!!
  • Misty
    Definitely remember wearing those growing up - WOW.
  • PinkEvie
    I have the pink one and wear it every time I go swimming or aqua aerobics, the clorine definately doesn't do my bit of hair any good at all.
  • Moonlitnight
    :grin: I bet you look great. Pink remains my favourite colour. Is it yours? With your name here I bet it is! Two days ago, I was planting some flowerless perennials and the neighbour across the street came over to ask me if they were all pink. He was laughing. Probably 50% of my clothes are pink and I wear them constantly during the summer. xo Maybe I shuold wear a pink swim cap when I water the lawn. Now there's an idea...
  • Amber
    thank you my friend!!
  • Msmarilyn
    I can help with this!!! Depending on your situation some will like the idea better than others. t6lxyd00o0g142ie.jpeg
    9s34w5a3eodkhuv3.jpeg
    66exdv6bvmsu6h6f.jpeg
  • Msmarilyn
    In the picture of the back of my head no one would ever know I’m covering up a bald head with what little hair I do have.
  • btrflygal7
    I don't swim too much but try to wear an older wig and put a bandana or hat on my head
  • BarbT75
    Gosh so remember those days. hahaha
  • BarbT75
    Hahaha Now that I might have liked. Ours in school were just ugly tight white caps that pushed our forehead into our eyelids and smashed our whole faces. LOL
  • BarbT75
    I went to the splash park not long ago and got in the lazy river with my really cute short JR and under the water I went Never moved and I came up looking like when I went under....perfect. lol
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.