• Lori
    Yes it did. Just waiting for all the final stuff to happen. I am so glad to be done with that narcissistic crazy man.
  • Lori
    I thought I responded already but looks like it didn’t post. Yes it went well. Thankfully I had a really good judge and my lady lawyer was amazing. The judge saw him for exactly what he was and I got my fair share.
  • Moonlitnight
    I have tried CanPrev and also a transdermal gel. Not tried this one....yet :)
  • Moonlitnight
    You know, they both posted at the same time even though the former says "three minutes ago."
  • Lori
    maybe give it a go. I am hoping a different brand will help you my friend.
  • Moonlitnight
    Thank you Lori. I will definitely try it. Maybe it will work.
  • Lori
    You are more than welcome. I will send wishes that it work for you right now :flower:
  • Moonlitnight
    Thank you so much. My daughter gets them almost every day as well :( My mum did as well.
  • Erzsike
    Hi everyone! I want to thank you all again for your kindness and support! I am feeling better now. I knew if I came here to my "safe place" there would be love. :heart:
  • Maddie
    Moonlitnight, I'm so sorry you live with daily migraines! I've had two week-long, 24/7 chemo treatments. I'm thoroughly toxic and utterly miserable, but I'm able to face each day by reminding myself that at least it's not a migraine! Daily migraines are a brutal way to live! I hate that you're going through this! Like you said, they impact everything! Like you, I spent tons of money seeking relief, tried every medication, diet, treatment, supplement, alternative treatment. Nothing made any difference until Imitrex came out. It's not 100% and it's not easy to live on, but I'm blessed to have it. I'll pray that you and your daughter get miracles, too. In the meantime, sending you good thoughts and hugs!

Erzsike, I love that you're smiling at that woman every day! Beauty, brains, and class! It's sooo much classier than, say, asking her if her boobs are real! :)

Can someone tell me how to insert the names of people I'm responding to in my post?
  • Moonlitnight
    Maddie, thank you for this kind and uplifting message. :hearts: I am sending you a huge hug to help get rid of the toxicity. I awoke with a migraine this morning. Also, couldn't sleep as the deer were outsie chomping at my new plants and my doggies started barking at them. I don't know how I lived without the triptans. My daughter was 8 I believe when they came onto the market. I use single dose puffers of Zomig as soon as I feel one coming on. I don't get auras but "something" changes inside of my head. Many of my migraines are silent. Not much head pain thank heavens, but I still have to lie down and feel nauseous. Before triptans, I was in the hospital every week having units of fluids as I couldn't even sip water through a straw. To insert names, just hover your mouse over the little time mark at the end of that person's post. You will see a little left-facing swirly arrow. Click on it and voila! Their name will automatically be inserted into the post.
  • Katooshie
    There is always great love and respect for you here with your hair family! :) Glad you are feeling better! YOU GO GIRL!
  • alicexm
    When my hair first started thinning ~20 years ago my husband suggested I try a wig. Went to the local wig shop, was fitted with a really nice wig, similar to my own color and cut, and was really happy with my choice. Practiced all weekend styling and fitting and on Monday morning I was feeling pretty confident. Until 10 minutes in when a coworker outed me publicly “you’re wearing a wig!” Don’t remember how I made it through the day. Never wore it to work again, didn’t wear it much afterwards. Took 20 years before I was ready to try again (nearly bald, with combover’s not fooling anyone, not even me). That was 6 months ago, and Chelsea from Envy became the new me. This time, not a soul has said a thing other than to compliment my new cut, style, etc. and I work for the same company and many of the same people. With summer I’ve graduated to Zoey from Envy - same color, bobbed. Still no negativity.

Wigs have changed so much in the last 20 years, especially the more affordable ones. If anyone, especially someone new, has something to say, it’s their problem, not yours. I like the underpants comment, but your response was classy and spot on. Like what I tell people about my faux nails “yes they’re my nails”. After all, I paid for them. hugs.
  • Moonlitnight
    People never cease to amaze me. Glad you are enjoying your Envy wigs now (and that no one detects!) :hearts: .
  • katiekates
    It always amazes me how totally silly people can be. This is clearly a very rude person with no style. I think you handled it great! If asked again; ask why are they so curious? Do they wish they had hair like you? Turn it around on them! (hugs).
  • Moonlitnight
    I like this response very much.
  • katiekates
    Thanks! It comes from life experience.... I refuse to be ashamed of my needing to wear wigs! I had kind of a simular situation years ago. A cashier at Walmart kept uncomfortably staring at my hair... I finally got tired of it and said to her in a strong voice "I know, my hair is awesome, right!!?? Stopped the cashier dead in her tracks.
  • Erzsike
    Great come-back! I also like your comment above to Moonlight. Even though I have been wearing wigs for some time, I am still ashamed. Guess the burden is on ME to stop feeling that way and then when someone calls me out, I hold my head high! xxxoo "I know my hair is awesome, right?"
  • Erzsike
    Thank you for sharing your story. I need a thicker skin. Never thought of the "nail" analogy. That's a good one too! xxoo If it were not for wigs, I would never go out. Need to work and carry on with my life so I do. Anyone else feel like that?
  • katiekates
    ... Nothing to be ashamed of sweetie. . But, I really do understand. It took me awhile to get to this place....baby steps to being totally comfortable about it.

And in regards to needing to get on with life... totally there with you! You are definitely not alone!
  • katiekates
    There are a lot of us wig wearers out there.... Wig power! Plus, with a good wig and self confidence: We never have a bad hair day!!!!
  • Moonlitnight
    :heart: it!!! I'm going to try this.
  • Dogmom
    Never be ashamed of who you are and your choices. There are so many people in this world who wear wigs and we have no idea, but we are learning who does in the celebrity world.... LOL LOL I always say, if Cher can do it... so can I !
  • katiekates
    Go for it! It's like Dogmom said. Never be ashamed of who you are! I'm not ashamed that I need glasses or have a crown on my front teeth.... it's really kind of the same thing.
  • Moonlitnight
    There is such a stigma still with wigs and I am hoping our ambassadors can somehow overcome this. I can chat away about wigs to people who want one or to friends I have told, but I still feel uncomfortable knowing that my wig wearing is a topic of discussion around these (small town) parts. I don't really understand it as, in the '60s, people wore wigs for fun and change.
  • katiekates
    I sympathize, I live in a very small, snotty with lots of cliques. I am an outsider... I'm not from here and I'm of Irish decent...most people in this town are known for being"Uber proud of being Dutch.". I don't buy into all the malarkey....but there are days (I'm I only human)... Basically I've been here long enough to know that I'm just not going to be a part of the cliques, because that is just who I am....it's a choice. My faith carries me through.
  • Moonlitnight
    Good for you, K. My situation is that I moved to a place where my entire small subdivision consists of senior couples who are very insular. I am a complete misfit. The trap is that I found the most idyllic little waterfront home where I look out of my window and see river otters, dolphins, seals, eagles, herons and hummingbirds. n the summer, I never want to leave. In the winter, the entire place shuts down as it is a tourist destination, and all the couples go off in their RVs. I lost the love of my life 2.5 years ago and miss him very much. The loneliness is almost unbearable. I have lovely friends, but I don't wake up with them or go to sleep with them or plan the day with them. The couples are also watching me all the time and tell me this. I don't know why this is, but I can just imagine the wig talk.
  • katiekates
    That is a very difficult situation...at least you love your home! It does sound like an amazing place to live.... I am so very sorry for your loss... no one can understand your pain but you . But thank goodness we have this forum we can go for support for others! Isolation is a painful place to be. I figure with the people who talk and gossip about me is something that I have no control over...so I try to just lay it down when it gets to me. :flower: :pray:
  • Moonlitnight
    Thank you Katie. You are right about the gossips. There are three or four women who sometimes gather by the mailboxes and all turn round and stare if I walk by with the dogs. They always say hello but they always have other things to say to themselves. I once parked in front of them and they clearly forgot that I had a rear view mirror. Something is of very great interest to them and I am guessing it is to do with hair. Imagine a life so shallow that this is interesting! xo
  • katiekates
    How annoying and petty. Tell you what, when you walk by and they stare at you or talk about you after you have passed - I would very simply turn around in a very pleasant voice and ask them why they stare at you or maybe, do you have any questions about me or my dogs? There is an old saying that the best disinfectant is sunlight. If you just shine the light of truth onto that ickyness it usually goes away. I'll bet money that they will knock it off. Just remember to be cool and nice about it. Heck, for all you know they stare at everyone like that! It takes guts to do that, but it might just spark a curiosity or perhaps even some new friends! Be blessed!
  • Moonlitnight
    They are all very nice on an individual basis (except for one who gets very agitated if her husband talks to me). When they get together, they just can't help themselves, I think. I love the expression about sunlight and disinfectant. I haven't heard it before and will definitely use it! x
  • Coco
    I'm honest to a fault! I've been asked before also ( by the female sales manager of the car dealership where I was trying to buy a car of all things). So, yes, I tell the person honestly. But I sometimes wonder why did they ask. I pick up on people's body language easily and sometimes I feel I have been asked for the wrong reasons. Regardless I hold my head up and put on my attitude and go about my business...... as one of my fiends says, because we can!
  • katiekates
    hi, I would like to ask you about Harper..... I have a 23" circumference head and I know some brands are more accommodating to an average-large head. How does it fit? I've been wanting to buy Harper for awhile now....just not sure of the size.... Thanks!
  • Sunset
    Oh how rude for that lady to say that to you! What in the world gets into people?
  • Sunset
    I would never ever ask someone if they were wearing a wig. Why would anyone care anyway?
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!