• BeatA
    0a7y7oy0323iwdjl.jpeg
    Got Elizabeth on wogputlet.com . Was going to keep her and combed her part today and noticed a significant difference in scalp density on the monotop. Wanted to ask your opinions. Especially @Alex Kautz can you ask around? Not sure it’s a flaw and I should send her back. Otherwise I love her and actually the less dense parts do look more “real”, right. The denser part is where it was parted originally on the left and where I like to part it as well. Thoughts?rpjowv08d1ltpav0.jpeg
    9jfv4rmj5577psjg.jpeg
  • Katooshie
    Such a GORGEOUS color. Have you tried putting some concealer on that part? It looks a TINY bit sparse but to my eye that makes it look natural and non fake
  • Alex Kautz
    I asked around, we think it looks sparse because of how the light is hitting the wig in the first image. If you still feel like it's too sparse after playing around with it, then I would send it back!

And I completely agree with what @Katooshie said... I always appreciate a less-thick part because it makes the wig look more realistic!
  • dc21
    That looks like a typical JR wig to me. My Rachel's are always sparse unless I part them deep left. I part from the left anyway, but it is aggravating since they shed over time and get worse with wear.
  • KellyA
    I think it looks more real with that part
  • Moonlitnight
    Beatrice, I have noticed this same wideness of part on my Spotlight. In places, it is more sparse than your JR. I don't think it is a flaw but something built in there to make it look more natural. My Brandi has no such natural part and is way too thick-looking. That colour is absolutely fabulous on you by the way! :hearts:
  • BeatA
    Thanks everyone. That’s kind of what I thought. I was just perplexed that it was so much more dense on the left. I guess as the wig sheds I can move it more to the left if it starts looking too sparse. I agree it looks more natural a bit sparser but the Cameron I bought was a lot
    More uniform in the density so I was unsure.
  • Happy to ve Retired
    What color is it? I think it looks great.
  • BeatA
    24B18S8 yeah I love it too “ shaded Mocha”
  • Happy to ve Retired
    I am curious - do you by chance have editors choice Raquel welsh? If so - would this be a straighter version of that wig? I have a jon renau color and thinking about editors choice but no good color match,
  • BeatA
    no i don’t. I think you mean Editors pick. I es thinking about it but in 12FS8 and they are on back order. Did not see if they have shaded mocha which may actually be my new favorite color. I got it at wigputlet and thought what the heck I’ll try it and love the color. Blond but not too blond. If you look for my post Cameron versus Elizabeth you can see the. 12 FS 8 in Cameron. Quite a bit blonder especially in the front. It is also shinier because it is not headline defiant so probably should not even compare the colors because the fibers are very different.
  • Happy to ve Retired
    Shaded mocha is far and away my favorite color. I have 3 styles jon renau heat friendly and there us a color variation by style.

I have naomi - which i cut and do bangs. It is my dressiest wig. I gave heat - which i also cut the back and do bangs - my tweener for everyday. And eve which i cut to make symmetrical and cut bangs - pretty casual for everyday.

I am really attracted to editors pick. I just ordered a color ring - but no color seems very close to shaded mocha. Then i saw the united by ellen wille and i am also attracted to that. But it is not heat friendly and i love heat friendly wigs. Less shine.

So - seeing elizabeth on you inspired me as well.

Curious / the outlet store - are those returns? Does the discount apply there? Can you use a credit from the main store?

Again - love that wig on you.
  • Moonlitnight
    I have RW Upstage, which looks like a straight Editor's Pick and is slightly longer than United. It looks nothing like it does in the awful model photo. It looks gorgeous on Roxy (Wigs' model) and Nisha of SugarPuffandFluff, but completely hideous on me. That maybe because I ordered it in large and it is massive. I think you could fit two regular-size heads in there. 12FS8 is Shaded Praline I think...a really pretty colour.
  • Happy to ve Retired
    I love that color in other people - but for me it is too platinum. I like a warmer color on me. The shaded mocha highlights are not so platinum.

Thanks though.
  • BeautyWithin
    Maybe try the concealer to hide those darn knots. I have to use it on the lace front of my Cameron or it's very noticeable. Love the color on you!!!
  • BeatA
    they are returns and they don’t have any additional discount. Well they have an additiona 15% for signing up for their email. I have not seen a way to use your store credit, but I don’t see why not since they are the same place. I would call them up to order and ask.
    As for the RW color I think the shaded Cappuccino comes pretty close to the shaded mocha from JR. I had an upstage from RW. Only problem is that light colored stripe in the front which I hate but some people really love. Moonlitnight calls it the skunk stripe.
  • Katooshie
    yeah why do so many wig companies use the black mesh on blond wigs??? Even Vivica Fox...an AA wig company...uses caucasian flesh tone lace and mesh on blond wigs! Sheesh these companies that charge so much and cant attention the details. Wtf
  • BeautyWithin
    I've heard of people using acrylic paint but I would be afraid of a permanent mess up. Especially as expensive as wigs are.
  • Sunset
    I don't care for that light stripe in the front of the RW wigs either. I have put fanci-full color styling mouse on my fingers & ran it across that area to darken it up a bit. Otherwise I felt it looked like gray hair that I don't want. The Jon Renau front area is too dark for blondes to me, so I've had to put concealer there to lighten it up. On my estetica I haven't had to do anything by cutting the lace, or darkening it or lightening it.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.