• jessievpinup
    I have very fine, straight and thinning hair, especially at the crown. About 2 years ago, I started doing pinup modeling and attending car shows and military shows as a pinup. Doing my hair in a vintage style was a HUGE challenge for me. There was no way my bio hair could be styled into a victory roll or other hairstyle of the era. I could roll it with steam rollers but within a few hours, it would be flat and usually a hot sweaty mess to boot. Then I discovered Jon Reanu Top Secret 12" Hair topper. https://www.wigs.com/collections/womens-top-pieces-toppers/products/top-secret-12-inch-toppiece-topper-jon-renau
    This topper changed my world! I am now able to do a bumper bang, victory rolls and all sorts of other pinup styles. It does have it's limitations to be straight hair but I often incorporate a vintage snood to complete the style in the back. No one can tell that I am using a topper. I have long bio bangs and I incorporate my own hair into the styles.
    Recently, I also discovered the full cap wig Pin-Up by Illusions wig and so when I really don't have the time or energy to style my hair, this wig is perfect!!
    kxw0hkpcf5ndlpav.jpg
    31y9yjl1drx4xp1m.jpg
    tllobkf98mg161mb.jpg
    ghrbd489udsy22zs.jpg
  • Moonlitnight
    Welcome! I must say you are absolutely ADORABLE! What a pin up! I just love those pics and your profile pic too. The second one with all the colour is just beautiful. That last one as well. Woo-hoo! Good for you. I am sure I speak for all the wig sisters and brother when I say, please post more soon as they are a real pick-me-up on a dreary afternoon. :hearts:
  • KellyA
    You are beautiful. I love your look!
  • BeautyWithin
    Beautiful!!! Love the hair and clothes from that era! And the music and the chivalry!
  • Vee1028
    I love your look! You remind me of the women that I saw during Rockabilly week in Vegas. Are you a member of that group?
  • PinkEvie
    You look beautiful and I love that style and eara, I have a few dresses like that, just wish I looked as lovely.

Welcome, it is so good to have you a part of this lovely family.
  • Erzsike
    Welcome and WOW! You are absolutely stunning and your retro look is spot-on! It must be enjoyable doing what you do. Where do you find all those cool outfits?
  • dc21
    Welcome! You look amazing!
  • drift3r
    Jon Renau Top Secret 12” was my first topper too!! It is definitely a HUGE game changer. Love your pic and love that you are here!! It’d be awesome to see more of your pin-up work with wigs!!! :hearts:
  • Maddie
    Wow! You're absolutely adorable! And I'm loving those shoes in the first picture, btw! Do you ever go to CAF (Commemorative Air Force) airshows? The CAF restores old military planes, mostly from the WW2 era. I used to be a member. We'd often have the local WWII reenactors show up in their period garb. It would have been awesome to have pin-up girls! Of course, pin-up girls are painted on many of the planes, but the shows also attract a lot of WWII veterans. I used to interview WWII aviators for the CAF's museum, and nearly every one of them fondly mentioned their favorite pin-up girl pictures that got them through the war (Rita Hayworth deserves a military pension!) Anyway, all of the female WWII reenactors that came to our airshows were portraying Russian soldiers, mostly infantry. It would be fun to have pin-up girls, too!
  • jessievpinup
    Thanks Vee1028!. I haven't yet been to Las Vegas for Viva Las Vegas (annual event). I am in Washington State and am a member of Electric Pinup Dolls. We're a non-profit group that raises money for charities.
  • jessievpinup
    Thank you. I purchase most of my dresses online. As a "curvy" lady, it is sometimes tough but there are a few sites that I love. Lindy Bop, Collectif, Eshakti and Torrid are a few of my favorites. Torrid has a Retro Chic line that has some really nice "vintage" look dresses. I also scour Value Village and Goodwill looking for pieces that can be accessorized to look vintage.
  • drift3r
    I’m all about Torrid!!! Love that place :hearts:
  • jessievpinup
    Hi Maddie. I am in Washington State so haven't heard of the group you mentioned. My husband and I are also WW2 re-enactors. We are part of Army Group 1944 which is a Pacific Northwest re-enacting group that has American, German, British, Russian and Resistance. Here's a picture of me and the husband (He's in a Scottish (British) Highland regimental uniform)
    Attachment
    0526181406 (255K)
  • Maddie
    What a great picture! You make a cute couple. I used to do medieval recreation, did some Victorian-era stuff, and did open hearth cooking demonstrations for a history center's 1800s' homestead. I always thought WWII reenactment sounded like fun. I love history.

The Commemorative Air Force used to be called the Confederate Air Force. It started in 1957, when a group of ex-military pilots in Texas pooled their money to buy and restore warbirds. By 1961 they realized that the planes from WWI were being scrapped and disappearing fast, and they chartered as a non-profit organization dedicated to saving, restoring, and preserving WWII-era military aircraft. The name was originally a joke. They called their restored, resurrected planes "The Ghost Squadron," and what better home for a ghost squadron of defunct warbirds from Texas than a defunct army? They became The Confederate Air Force. The name was changed to The Commemorative Air Force in 2002.

Once, as my fellow CAF Colonels and I were checking into a hotel after an airshow, wearing our "uniform" of gray overalls, a young hotel clerk looked at us and excitedly said, "Oh, you're those guys that fly the old Civil War airplanes, aren't you?!" Our tall, distinguished looking pilot-in-command eyed the kid for a moment and replied, "Yes, son. Yes, we are." Upon hearing this, the other three young clerks behind the counter also rushed over to tell us how cool those "Civil War airplanes" are! (We did eventually set them straight, but yikes!)
  • Toni Warner
    WOW! you are adorable and welcome to the forum we are so happy to have you with us. I love your look, you look amazing.
  • Shar W
    Wow! I love it. You take really good pictures.
  • PinkEvie
    Hello Toni, I cannot believe your age, you look 30 at the most, as for the crohns, I to have had to live with it since I was 18, the meds have put 2 stone on me, so I totally empathise.
  • Toni Warner
    Sometimes I can't believe my age either, I am sorry that you have crohns nasty disease and the meds can be difficult as well. How are you doing now?
  • Moonlitnight
    Ah! We are the same age.
  • Sunset
    I’m 65. It’s gone by quickly.
  • Toni Warner
    You look amazing, I think we look fantastic we're not getting older we're getting better.
  • Moonlitnight
    Thank you Toni (that was my birth name).
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.